PDA

View Full Version : Scoring headers?

KyKy
10-01-2011, 12:01 AM
Am I the only one having trouble? When I cross the ball in my players ALWAYS try to volley it in instead of heading it. I don't understand whats going on, as in previous Fifa's I always scored a bucket load of headers.

FamiliarGorrilla
10-01-2011, 12:45 AM
try a double tappin x cross, has always worked for me been scoring loads o headers in fifa 12 with it!!

KyKy
10-02-2011, 01:01 AM
try a double tappin x cross, has always worked for me been scoring loads o headers in fifa 12 with it!!

I've tried everything, they always volley it. There must be something I'm doing wrong. I can score a header but only from a corner. :confused:

Bullitt24
10-02-2011, 01:42 AM
I got this by acciedent

Minocin
10-02-2011, 02:21 AM
I've tried everything, they always volley it. There must be something I'm doing wrong. I can score a header but only from a corner. :confused:

This been happening to me aswell, only time I can header is from corners, trying to header ball away from my box never seems to happen :/.. Mertesacker vs Defoe(CPU)... Defoe win everytime.

Also every time I cross, players seems to kick it in instead of header it in..

Nanbag
10-02-2011, 03:03 AM
im finding it the opposite of older fifas, the ball just never floats in the air it always comes down. whereas it used to just hang up in the air forever.

my pro always sets himself for a volley rather than attacking the ball with his head. its ok against weaker teams but against stronger opposition the defender will get there first 90% of the time.

Truegooner87
10-02-2011, 07:11 AM
Am I the only one having trouble? When I cross the ball in my players ALWAYS try to volley it in instead of heading it. I don't understand whats going on, as in previous Fifa's I always scored a bucket load of headers.

I found this one quite irritating too because the player steps back for it to land at its feet. But having all the heading accomplishments now, I found the best way to do this is:

1. Get your most of your jumping accomplishments
2. LB + Y to back post

Good luck

starscream723
10-02-2011, 11:16 AM
Any more help or advice with this, because it's doing my head in. My VP won't head the ball to save his life, every damn thing is a volley. Hooray, I've done some acrobatic volleyed goals, great, but I need to score some headers and he simply refuses to head the ball.

Mykel 13
10-02-2011, 02:07 PM
I found that when my vp is taller, he goes for headers for often, so make him at least 6 foot.

MC Seany B
10-08-2011, 08:02 PM
This annoys me too! I have even set my VP's height to 6"10, and he STILL goes for volleys! Any suggestions?

SatNiteEduardo
10-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Change sliders so CPU is slow and defends like poo then use normal cross with no defenders around and double tap shoot early.

smythles7
10-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Same here or he does crazy diving headers and nearly gets his face kicked off!!

TIRO23
10-10-2011, 02:38 AM
WHEN THE BALL IS IN THE AIR JUST HOLD RT BUTTON, PULL THE LEFT STICK 2 OR 3 TIMES TO GOAL AREA AND PRESS THE SHOT BUTTON 2 TIMES...... I DO 40 GOALS WITH THIS METHOD :woop:

BIGbivvie
10-10-2011, 12:11 PM

Maybe you're not putting enough power on your crosses?