PDA

View Full Version : Tactical defence vs Classic style (FIFA11)

sauce2k6
10-01-2011, 01:21 AM
I understand you can have the same defense style like FIFA 11 but changing it in the button configuration. However does this still apply to playing online?

I swear the person I versed didn't miss one tackle.. plus lag didn't help the cause either

BlackcatS
10-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Yeah , you can still playing with FIFA11's Defending System ( in game name : Legacy Defending ) , but if you wanna play Head 2 Head Season ( Ranked Match ) you have to use new defending system !

Tactical Tom
10-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm getting more accustomed to the Tactical Defending now, but I would still prefer the old system.

I found moving a few of the "Tactical Defending" Controls around made it easier to use.

On the FIFA 12 Button Configuration for Defence Controls:
Swap B with A
Then Swap B with RB

Then you are left with pretty much FIFA 11's Defensive Controls:
Y = GK Rush
X = Sliding Tackle
B = Teammate Contain
A = Standing Tackle/Push or Pull (when chasing)
LB = Change Player
RB = Contian
LT = Jockey
RT = Sprint

So Button A becomes the Standing Tackle Button and the B Button is for Teammate to Press like they previously were in FIFA 11.

Doing this moves Contain to RB making it less essensial. I found Jockying and Contain to be similar so it doesn't matter too much if you ignore RB most of the time, Jockying should do the job for containing the Player.

Also don't dive in and make everyone run at maximum speed towards the ball, patience is the key.

NUFC_Matty
10-01-2011, 10:52 AM
The new tackling system is awful. No idea why they wanted to add something new when tackling wasn't even broken totally stupid in my opinion.
Well Done EA !

burnaldo7
10-01-2011, 02:13 PM
i played 3 ultimate team online matches and lost 5-1,5-2 and 5-2 and each time the other player was in quick to tackle me so im assuming they have switched to the legacy tackling, otherwise my fifa skills have gone away lol!

Minocin
10-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Just curious, are you guys holding LT then X or B when timing is right to tackle or when player make a mistake? or are you just charging towards them and press X or B everytime expecting to get the ball from them like '11?

BIGMatthew182
10-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Personnally i press "A" when the ball is just passed to get into a good goal side position and then i use sprint and or slide tackle to take the ball from the opposing players feet, it works to some dgree until players slow the game down then they make me look rubbish!!!! :(

(online record 0W - 0D -3L -1Q )
1-0 Quitter, 1-3, 2-1, 0-1 :(

MxPx
10-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Just curious, are you guys holding LT then X or B when timing is right to tackle or when player make a mistake? or are you just charging towards them and press X or B everytime expecting to get the ball from them like '11?

Charge towards em, hit B. All you need to do. No need to hold LT or anything.

The Dutch Pinyo
10-01-2011, 05:44 PM
The new tackling system is awful. No idea why they wanted to add something new when tackling wasn't even broken totally stupid in my opinion.
Well Done EA !

No all you did in FIFA 11 was press B and hope that the defender got the ball. Now you actually need to defend yourself and not just send an AI to get the ball for you. You really need to time.

I am getting more used to it, some stupid mistakes though.

Minocin
10-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Charge towards em, hit B. All you need to do. No need to hold LT or anything.

Well I'm doing the LT and X or B and it's working well for me at the moment.. haven't conceded anymore than 2 goals online.

DJConnelly
10-01-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm shit at it. Can't defend to save my live. I'm in a intense game with Doncaster and If I lose I might just give up all together. (I lost so fuck my life and this game)