PDA

View Full Version : How do you win a division in football?

El Salvadorion
07-24-2007, 02:18 AM
I dont get how you would win the division...
if you win every division game you automaticly get the division?
is it based of record? if you have a better record lets say 14-2 than anyother team in your division do you win the division???

The Pants Party
07-24-2007, 03:20 AM
It's based on overall record.

Fonkey Monkey
07-24-2007, 03:43 AM
yea, and if its a tie it goes down to division record.

gublets8o3
07-29-2007, 04:46 AM
he is asking how do you win a division and it goes by your record in the division not the overall record against everyone else. you could be 12-4 and not win the division if those 4 loses were to division teams

AOS Puck
07-29-2007, 06:52 AM
he is asking how do you win a division and it goes by your record in the division not the overall record against everyone else. you could be 12-4 and not win the division if those 4 loses were to division teams

Wrong answer buddy, everyone else was right. It goes Overall record, and then in the case of a tie, division record. If there is still a tie, it goes by head to head record between the tied teams.

For example: The Colts won the AFC South last season with a 12-4 record yet they were only 3-3 in the division. However, the Tennessee Titans went 4-2 in the division but only went 8-8 overall and missed the playoffs.

In the future, please know what you are talking about so you don't confuse the person asking the question.

gublets8o3
07-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Wrong answer buddy, everyone else was right. It goes Overall record, and then in the case of a tie, division record. If there is still a tie, it goes by head to head record between the tied teams.

For example: The Colts won the AFC South last season with a 12-4 record yet they were only 3-3 in the division. However, the Tennessee Titans went 4-2 in the division but only went 8-8 overall and missed the playoffs.

In the future, please know what you are talking about so you don't confuse the person asking the question.

if i was wrong i am sorry, so what u are saying is that technically a team could lose every division game but still have the best overall record and still win the division.