No love for Baird.

PenderPowguin

Does it bother you that Baird gets no back story love?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Does it bother you that Baird gets no back story love?

• Hell yeah! We need more Baird, I simply just LOVE his highlighted hair!
    • Nah, I like a little discretion with this character.
    • Who the hell is Baird?
    • Baird should've been the one who died, and in the first Chapter...

Ah, who cares... it's just Baird!

Marcus has an elaborate back story which is expressed through all three titles. Dom also has, at the very least, a strong story of love with his wife Maria and his loss.

Hell, even Cole got himself some back story action in this title (GoW3), and personally, I thought it was awesome!

But Baird? You get nothing. Sure, there is lore here and there about Baird, but no actual in-game back story of sorts.

It seems that part three was really involved with the story progression and at least attempted to give the story line a great deal of emotion through out. I feel they did a pretty damn good job. But, they of course left many open ended questions.

I see a thread here about 'Why is Myrrah a human'? But, no love for Baird.

So, let's a have a poll! Why not? How fun.

Honestly, Baird is my favorite character in the books. The backstory he gets in the most recent one (Coalition's End) is awesome. Not so much in the games. Not sure why they treat him so differently. Karen Traviss only wrote this game so some of the interactions in it are better than the previous two though.

In the books I thought Baird was great, but my mental image of Bernie changed completely when they revealed her in the game, I had some other image. You think Bernie and Cole would have some sort of interaction in the game compared to the book because they sounded like love birds lol

I was wondering about that myself honestly:confused: I always liked Baird's sarcasm and the fact that he is one of the few non-meat heads in the game....Oh well I guess, maybe we could see something about him in some DLC?(I really doubt that actually:()

On a side note, I don't know if it was just me but Cole Train's backstory was one of my favorite parts of the game:). Don't ask me why I liked it so much. It could be how they showed his "home town hero" roots. Or how despite all the success and fame he was still the same ol' Cole Train. Or maybe it could even be the somber feeling when he made that comment,"You ever get the feeling that you were dead, but noboby told you?"(it was something along those lines). It really made me feel like his goal in life..his shattered dream. It was still heavy on his mind. But to keep his charisma like he does despite all of that is what makes him one of my favorites:woop:

In the books I thought Baird was great, but my mental image of Bernie changed completely when they revealed her in the game, I had some other image. You think Bernie and Cole would have some sort of interaction in the game compared to the book because they sounded like love birds lol

i think baird and sam seem more like two couples argueing at each other to me.