PDA

View Full Version : Demo Discussion

MAD MAZTEC
10-01-2011, 02:32 AM
So i got Early access to the demo today by winning a code from turn 10.

My first impressions:

AWESOME!!!

Much better than forza 3 (obv) and the physics is much better.

Details are Awesome as well.

Will edit this as i go along in the demo, but right now i need sleep.

AA x driv3r
10-01-2011, 03:47 AM
Well, will it just be one race like in FM3?

Harry Lloyd
10-01-2011, 08:40 AM
It is a pity someone did not redeem the code on a separate LIVE account, and share the login data. Lots of people could play it that way.

It is not often I want a weekend to end quickly.

IEvil IMonkey
10-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Well, will it just be one race like in FM3?

I believe its 1 track and 1 car this time around. The track is the new Alps track but not sure on the car

Also, I just joined the Turn10 page on Facebook to see about getting a code and as you can guess..... Its pretty much impossible unless you sit there all day/night refreshing your browser non stop till the next 1 is posted :mad:

MxPx
10-01-2011, 08:47 PM
I can't wait.

U2MOFO
10-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Demo is awesome.

Here are the details for anyone wondering. I take no credit.. they are from someone else on another forum but pretty much 6 vehicles and 6 variations of the track. I do however have the demo.

A couple of things for those that have the demo or will be getting the demo...nothing major, but some might not know.

1. In quick race, there are 3 cars to choose. Each car will run in a different layout of the track. I beleive two are reverse portions of 2 different layouts and 1 is normal on a different layout. So you get 3 layouts to race on depending on the car you choose.

2. *MUST DO* when you select your car and the game loads in, don't hit start race. Let the attract screens roll for a bit...they are simply beautiful, especially the one with the Ferrari....just WOW.... what blows me away is that it is not just a static image with the camera moving slowly, in the Ferrari example, you get a really amazing shot with some depth of field work and in the backround the cable cars are moving along their path and it just looks really good, grass slowly moving in the wind and all...just impressive.

3. Rivals mode has additional cars as well. Again, like quick race, selecting each car is a different track layout and event. I noticed one of the Rival modes has traffic, while another was just you against a ghost (rival). You can also select a rival or the game automatically assigns one to you.

Break down of cars in "Quick Race".
1970 Mercury Cougar Eliminator
2011 Subaru WRS ST1
2010 Ferrari 458 Italia

Break down of cars in "Rivals Mode"
Pagani Zonda C
BMW F10 M5
Ferrari 458

Lastly, defintately use the "Custom Soundtrack" trick to turn off the music so you can really hear the cars and the enviromental sounds effects. Really impressive. Simple instructions...Just copy a song from a CD to your Hard Drive. Load the game. Hit the "Guide Button">>Media>>Select Music>>Hard Drive>>Play All -or- Select a Song>>Hit Pause Button>>Hit B Button. That's it, no more music and all the glorious sound effects of the game.

SuperSkyline89
10-01-2011, 10:40 PM
3. Rivals mode has additional cars as well. Again, like quick race, selecting each car is a different track layout and event. I noticed one of the Rival modes has traffic, while another was just you against a ghost (rival).

I'm assuming by traffic you mean the mode where the point is to overtake as many slow cars as you can?

AA x driv3r
10-01-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm assuming by traffic you mean the mode where the point is to overtake as many slow cars as you can?

I don't think you can do the Traffic one without Kinect. I could be wrong though. Oh btw, I don't think the codes are worth it anymore(for those who don't have one yet) since the demo release is only 2 days away.

U2MOFO
10-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes it is the overtake tracks and you can do it without kinect. My buddy is running one right now.

Oh and the game is amazing in all departments.

SuperSkyline89
10-01-2011, 11:53 PM
I don't think you can do the Traffic one without Kinect. I could be wrong though. Oh btw, I don't think the codes are worth it anymore(for those who don't have one yet) since the demo release is only 2 days away.

Every part of the game is available without Kinect. They never wanted Kinect exclusive components, only to improve what they had using Kinect.

Yes it is the overtake tracks and you can do it without kinect. My buddy is running one right now.

Oh and the game is amazing in all departments.

Don't doubt it at all. Can't wait for the release.

mgorsi
10-02-2011, 01:52 AM
NIce can't wait for the demo, It comes out on Monday? or Tuesday? Op said 2 days away, so Monday?

AA x driv3r
10-02-2011, 02:13 AM
NIce can't wait for the demo, It comes out on Monday? or Tuesday? Op said 2 days away, so Monday?

Yes. Monday, October the 3rd.

MAD MAZTEC
10-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Well after playing the demo, i can now say Forza Motorsport 3 is now Useless in every way to m..

Yes the demo is that good :D

SuperSkyline89
10-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Well after playing the demo, i can now say Forza Motorsport 3 is now Useless in every way to m..

Ya, I fully expect 4 to blow 3 out of the water.

We have the expected new cars and tracks of course. But we also have the new lighting system, autovista and the graphical upgrade brought in because of it, simulation steering, the Top Gear collaboration, more freedom in the career with World Tour, more variety in the races, car clubs, Forza 3 profile import.

And that's not even including the improvements they probably made to the livery editor and upgrades. I've seen removable spoilers, paintable stock wheels, paintable headlights, and visual exhaust upgrades and I can't wait to try all of them. Plus they included 80 more shapes submitted by the community into the livery editor which I can't wait to see.

This is what makes Forza so much better than every other racing game. Each game is a true evolution, they improve the existing features and add more. If there was ever anything wrong with Forza it was the lack of variety. But now the variety of cars is mind-boggling, there are tons of different types of races, and the livery editor and upgrades section just get better and better every time.

AA x driv3r
10-02-2011, 06:11 PM

Wow, I never wanted Monday to come so fast.

Hawaiian
10-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Demo is now available for everyone to download:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Forza-Motorsport-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530910?nosplash=1&purchase=1&DownloadType=GameDemo

TwistedFate
10-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Demo is now available for everyone to download:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Forza-Motorsport-4/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d530910?nosplash=1&purchase=1&DownloadType=GameDemo

All Gold users, not everyone. Silver users can't get it until Friday.

KNUCKS x360a
10-03-2011, 01:33 PM
It is a pity someone did not redeem the code on a separate LIVE account, and share the login data. Lots of people could play it that way.

It is not often I want a weekend to end quickly.

That would be cool if it weren't for the whole 'get banned off XBL & x360a for account sharing & profile swapping' thing....;)

MAD MAZTEC
10-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I Hope you all have fun with the demo.

Some bits and bobs are missing (Kinect control, Sometimes the BMW & Subaru sound the same etc.)

BUT i can confirm these are all fixed in the full retail (Engine sounds) etc.

and you need to remember it is a demo, and there is a limit on how many things they can put into a demo.

As of right now, I have enjoyed it all weekend and i can confirm this:

RIVAL MODE IS ADDICTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

mark197205
10-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Downloading the demo right now, have been waiting for this for a long time..

MxPx
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
The BMW is trash.

Zonda and STi are sweet though.

IEvil IMonkey
10-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Well that should ease my hunger till release day =)

mark197205
10-03-2011, 05:15 PM
My first impressions are very favourable, the only thing I dont like is that they've changed the rewind button from the "back" to Y,this has resulted in me rewinding when I wanted to use the rear view, which is now RB. I suppose I'll get used to it.

Durdens Wrath
10-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Does the demo unlock any cars in retail?

IEvil IMonkey
10-03-2011, 05:56 PM
My first impressions are very favourable, the only thing I dont like is that they've changed the rewind button from the "back" to Y,this has resulted in me rewinding when I wanted to use the rear view, which is now RB. I suppose I'll get used to it.

Yes that caught me out aswell :mad:

You should be able to change config in full game to how you had it in F3 though :confused: Hope so

MAD MAZTEC
10-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Does the demo unlock any cars in retail?

No, The demo does not unlock any cars in the retail game.

SuperSkyline89
10-03-2011, 08:57 PM
You should be able to change config in full game to how you had it in F3 though :confused: Hope so

Probably, Turn 10 is pretty good about keeping things that work game to game.

mark197205
10-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Yes that caught me out aswell :mad:

At least its not just me, and I hope that can be changed in the full game too.

Sylon00
10-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Just downloaded it, and I already love the Rivals mode. Now I just need some rivals, lol.

I see that they finally got the color white right. In Forza 3, white looked very silver, but it looks actually white in F4, especially sexy on the F10 M5 (which also sounds f'in incredible!)

Speaking of engine sounds, not only does the M5 sound awesome, but so do the rest of the cars, the Zonda especially.

Add me if you like, just give me a heads up that you are from here please. I've had the LCE pre-ordered for months now, really looking forward to it.

iBuzz7S
10-04-2011, 03:46 AM
Just had my first race. Nothing too special, though it only being a demo and my first play, I cannot pass judgement.

Regardless of opinion(s), I will get the game.

Annihil88torr
10-05-2011, 04:58 AM
Loved it, gotta say I love how the cars look and sound. Is the demo kinect or just the retail version when it comes out?