PDA

View Full Version : Ammo/Heads Question (was: The Darkness)

cameronmafia
07-24-2007, 04:58 AM
Ive got a question im in the kind of begginning and ive just been having problems gettin ammo, so i use the powers. But do those weird heads on the left and right side do anything other then eat hearts, i havent really unlocked the other powers, not like their great, and its hell summoning a demon when ur in a M16 firefight with crooked cops. any help greatly appreciated. Oh and if anyone has a link to a video of the location of the the darkling costumes thatd also be good.

DeW222
07-24-2007, 05:28 AM
The demon heads don't do anything offensively or anything like that. They're just the manifestation of the Darkness in a sentient form. The first two darkness powers are the crawler and arm, which require a close range to use, but later you get the darkness guns and the black hole which can be used at range and are very powerful. Just keep in there and you'll be good.

teh x3nomorph
07-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Another good tip is to find a dark corner to hide in, and unleash the creeping dark to go around corners and attack people.

Make sure you are eating hearts like crazy to get your darkness powers up. That gives you more time to use your creeping dark and more power to soak up damage with the darkness shield.

I found the darklings amusing, but pretty much worthless as well.

Exane22
07-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Agreed, I hardly used the darklings except for right infront of the mansion on HARD. Other then that there are usless except for when they are first needed and you get them. Use the creeping dark, it keeps you away from the baddies and its really steathy. Another peice of advice is turn your auto-aim up, it will help you not waste as many bullets.

DeW222
07-24-2007, 07:58 PM
I dunno, I found the gunner darkling handy. Set her up in front of a choke point or a good vantage point and she could take out a couple enemies.

TacticalChaos15
07-26-2007, 04:16 PM
Yah, I was playing through the demo and got a darkling out, the melee kind. It jumped on a guy and started sawing his head off while he was still standing up and alive. Then when he died , it ran over a took a pee on the body. Crazy stuff, I never really summoned any darklings in the retail version but in the demo it was fun but not completely usefull. It then proceeded to run into a wall while some henchmen were loading it up with deagle bullets.

Exane22
07-26-2007, 05:39 PM
I dunno, I found the gunner darkling handy. Set her up in front of a choke point or a good vantage point and she could take out a couple enemies.

Im glad you used them then, but you could of disposed of them yourself just as easily plus IMHO its more fun :D

Aussiegore
07-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Darklings are gun fodder nothing else, while they blast your berserker's, jump in cap them. I used creeper dark a lot on hard and when I say a lot I mean, I maybe shot about 50 bullets

LukeP91
08-13-2007, 05:17 PM

thats what i was doing, leading the lil' pests into a hallway and letting them paint the room red lol ;)