PDA

View Full Version : Cant even get the game to load!

The Dauntless
10-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Ok so I got the game yesterday and it loaded fine first time. I has having horrendous load times, but its an EA game and they always have long load games (Madden 12 takes like 8 minutes to get to the mian menu).

I also could not play online or access Ultimate team as as soon as i tired I lost connection to EA servers. I could reconnect again from main menu but as soon as i went online it disconnect again.

However today I cant even get the game to load. It gets past most of the loading screen but always get stucks at a blakc screen with that lightning looking symbol on screen. Its essentialyl crashed at this point as the guide wont come up.

I have cleared cache, rebooted and everythign else but cant even get the game to load.

HOW POINTLESS!!! Anyone know how to fix this.

Matt36
10-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Try installing it to your HDD. Never heard of any such problems. Even the one where Madden takes 8mins.

plum
10-01-2011, 07:22 PM
OMG you have all problems I have, I know why my game takes ages to load and it's because I have the first type of xbox form like 8 years ago or what ever. I also have the stupid fut crap that I can't load it and my ga,e freezes every time I click a menu, I had all these problems on 11 but a few patches fixed it for me

Golly IE
10-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Mine is installed to HD and have had no problems at all

Cube623
10-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Ok so I got the game yesterday and it loaded fine first time. I has having horrendous load times, but its an EA game and they always have long load games (Madden 12 takes like 8 minutes to get to the mian menu).

I also could not play online or access Ultimate team as as soon as i tired I lost connection to EA servers. I could reconnect again from main menu but as soon as i went online it disconnect again.

However today I cant even get the game to load. It gets past most of the loading screen but always get stucks at a blakc screen with that lightning looking symbol on screen. Its essentialyl crashed at this point as the guide wont come up.

I have cleared cache, rebooted and everythign else but cant even get the game to load.

HOW POINTLESS!!! Anyone know how to fix this.
Ahh right this seems very familiar to the problem I had with Fifa 10 + 11. I could press start and go and put the kettle on, make a drink, go to the loo etc and I would normally beat the loading screen :p .And with a GS as devilishly as high as yours I reckon you have the same problem.

EA Sports games (also had this problem with Lost Planet 2 + Tiger Woods 12) will hang or take forever at the start screen (or load save game screens) if you have A LOT of save files + DLC on your HDD. I assume the game doesn't know the exact location of where your save files are to be found so it has to look through every folder and if you have lots of folders it will take a long long time.

There are 2 ways I managed to fix this:
1. Move your profile and Fifa 12 saves + DLC etc to a memory stick so the game only has to look through a few folders on your memory stick
2. Give your HDD a huge spring clean. I ended up doing this after a while as I got fed up with moving saves and profiles around and besides I realised 75% of the stuff on my HDD would never be used again.

Since I've done this my Fifa games now almost load up instantly and I no longer have to listen to my mates chanting "COME ON...COME ON COME ON!" every time I go on Fifa :p

The Dauntless
10-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Ahh right this seems very familiar to the problem I had with Fifa 10 + 11. I could press start and go and put the kettle on, make a drink, go to the loo etc and I would normally beat the loading screen :p .And with a GS as devilishly as high as yours I reckon you have the same problem.

EA Sports games (also had this problem with Lost Planet 2 + Tiger Woods 12) will hang or take forever at the start screen (or load save game screens) if you have A LOT of save files + DLC on your HDD. I assume the game doesn't know the exact location of where your save files are to be found so it has to look through every folder and if you have lots of folders it will take a long long time.

There are 2 ways I managed to fix this:
1. Move your profile and Fifa 12 saves + DLC etc to a memory stick so the game only has to look through a few folders on your memory stick
2. Give your HDD a huge spring clean. I ended up doing this after a while as I got fed up with moving saves and profiles around and besides I realised 75% of the stuff on my HDD would never be used again.

Since I've done this my Fifa games now almost load up instantly and I no longer have to listen to my mates chanting "COME ON...COME ON COME ON!" every time I go on Fifa :p

Thanks for these tips in particular. It makes sense what you say about the long load times being linked to either profile size or HDD space because the probelms get worse for me every year!

My HDD is totally full just with DLC and Arcade games, I have no music, demos or photos, installs or anything - just content. I recently transferred 10GB of content to another HDD, maybe Ill clear out a load more stuff.

THANKS!