PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Weapons / Class (BETA)

Mother Beef
10-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Title says it all, what weapons are you favourite so far that you have unlocked/picked up? What attachments do prefer on that weapon or just weapons in general? Are you a heavy barrel and bipod guy, or more of a foregrip and tactical light? Maybe there is a weird combination that you think works amazingly and others can learn from it.

Which class best suits this playstyle for you?

Undoubtably my favourite will have to be the
870 Shotgun,
- Buckshot (other rounds dont do it for me)
- Extended Mag
- No sight (not needed)
I'll start off with Recon, plant a Mobile Spawn further up the line, change to assault (to be able to heal myself and friendlys) and continue to deal out the death and destruction of the 12 Gauge.

Aside from that i love my newly unlocked AEK-971, doesnt have much recoil; packs a punch and shoots quite quickly.

gealt
10-02-2011, 02:10 AM
For me it's the M416, ACOG, foregrip, suppressor, on burst mode. I also really dig the UMP with holo sight, suppressor, and the tac light.

erikooO
10-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Have to agree with Mother Beef, 870 combat is my weapon of choice. I would have seen the spas 12 in its place.. but man, a beast of a gun!

Im trying out the various types of ammo, but buckshot and flechette has done the job for me.. frag, not so lucky with that one..
Holosight and extended mag.. no goddamn "tactical light" for me... no no way

In bad company games i preferred assault, but now its engineer or support.

Tatanko
10-02-2011, 03:46 AM
For me so far it's been all about Assault. I really want to see how far I can make it in a class during the period of the beta.

xX Rom Xx
10-02-2011, 05:42 AM
I'm Assault all the way. Fav guns are the UMP and the Aek-71 (I think that's it's name)

Cant decide which I like more. UMP is powerful, but slow rof, but you get an extra 200 points every 2 kills!
Aek-71 seems to fire very fast, despite being the same as other assault rifles. It's also quite short, and handles like the UMP or Aku 74.
UMP has very little recoil, and is very accurate.

Mother Beef
10-02-2011, 05:47 AM
I'm Assault all the way. Fav guns are the UMP and the Aek-71 (I think that's it's name)

Cant decide which I like more. UMP is powerful, but slow rof, but you get an extra 200 points every 2 kills!
Aek-71 seems to fire very fast, despite being the same as other assault rifles. It's also quite short, and handles like the UMP or Aku 74.
UMP has very little recoil, and is very accurate.

Close- its the AEK-971, it too is one of my recently favourites. You described it perfectly, like perfect cross between a rifle and a SMG.
The UMP is a little bit of a beast indeed though!

MediumMelanin
10-02-2011, 07:24 AM
My class is Assualt (although I intermix with Engineer too, third would be Recon, and I haven't even touched the Support class)

ACOG (4x)
BIPOD
LASER LIGHT
MP-443 TACTICAL

Ah, man, I wonder why the freaking 870 shotty is so shitty for me! I mean, I have to shoot someone three times at 5 feet before they're down! I use HOLO, Ext. MAG, and BUCKSHOT! WTF? I mean, seriously, the only way I can kill someone with one shot is if they're one foot away from me!

KuShNsTieN
10-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Well i love using assault because of the M16 and i like getting points for just healing random people.Sometimes i switch to Support when im defending since we really don't need to heal and only defend, so why not give some camping snipers some ammo:)

darkdante14
10-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Just like in BC2 my favorite class is Assault. And M16A3 is the perfect weapon to go with it. :cool: I hate AK-74 though so when ever I'm playing as Russian Assault I use M416.

xKRAIZEEMANx
10-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Engineer for me. I am taking into account that when the final release is out, there will be vehicles that will ride over my AT mines.

CIF
10-03-2011, 02:09 AM
As with BC2, I enjoy each except for Recon (I seriously suck at sniping, probably more so now since it sounds harder). If I'm on Rush offense (which often gets very annoying), I'll be an Assault to try and keep our tickets up. On defense, it's either Support, or Engineer so I can lay mines where someone's probably gonna drive.
If there's a vehicle I know I'll want, obviously Engineer then.

UltimaDestructo
10-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Support

PP-2000 with KOBRA, Tac Light, and Extended Mags

This gun is the UMP but with better attachments.

Grey Delta
10-03-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm also rocking the PP-2000, it's a little death machine! I haven't unlocked the UMP yet but it's meant to be overpowered, strong bullets/no recoil/etc so I want to test that for myself.

I've also heard bad things about the semi-auto snipers with RDS or holo sights, no recoil and killing in two shots. Haven't tested this out myself though between the PP2K and 870 shotgun (so satisfying to use :eek:).

munky
10-03-2011, 07:50 AM
engineer: A-91 with holo sight, suppressor

support: m249 with holo sight, bi-pod, flash suppressor

The A-91 has little recoil, great damage and high rate of fire.

Mother Beef
10-03-2011, 08:16 AM
I haven't unlocked the UMP yet but it's meant to be overpowered, strong bullets/no recoil/etc so I want to test that for myself.

Its ridiculous, plus since you get a PDW Ribbion every like 2 or 4 kills or something you end up netting SO MANY POINTS. I'm currently using it to boost myway through the engineer class. Nearly got my EOD Bot A.K.A WALL-E

Barad
10-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Just like BC2 for me Assault M16!

judd90
10-03-2011, 11:00 AM
Every Battlefield game I have been mostly Sniper but I always mix it up. I can't really say what I will be on this most just yet because metro isn't really a sniper level. I will have to wait and see what the other maps are like.

CFC07
10-03-2011, 11:10 AM
M16 is the best :woop:

Guitarr Steve
10-03-2011, 11:43 AM
UMP-45 with HOLO, Laser Sight, and Flash Supp is amazing. Currently using it on my Engineer class, which I have about 31,000 points with. My next unlock will be the A-91. Hopefully it's better than the UMP. :)

Tatanko
10-03-2011, 12:08 PM
I can't really say what I will be on this most just yet because metro isn't really a sniper level.
Tell that to the 50% of people per team I see sniping every match :p (outside though, not so much in the tunnels).

IVIR BLOBBY
10-03-2011, 01:50 PM
Recon - WITH NO SIGHTS

the guns are then basically just two shot rifles or one shot rifles, if your precise and pick your targets you can really clean up, it reminds me of playing hardcore TDM on WaW, love the rifles on that game now i can get the same great fun out of BF3

Grey Delta
10-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Recon - WITH NO SIGHTS

the guns are then basically just two shot rifles or one shot rifles, if your precise and pick your targets you can really clean up, it reminds me of playing hardcore TDM on WaW, love the rifles on that game now i can get the same great fun out of BF3

I think this will be tweaked for release, it's seriously overpowered. No recoil whatsoever :confused:

Cooljoe
10-07-2011, 09:56 AM
You're gonna think I'm crazy, but I love the pp 2000. Slap on a red dot and I'm good to go! Also, I like the sniper with no scope, the m416, and the pistls in general. What I don't like, tho, is the support class. Find it useless as of right now:(

Lord of Rage
10-07-2011, 10:13 AM
I'll start off with Recon, plant a Mobile Spawn further up the line, change to assault (to be able to heal myself and friendlys) and continue to deal out the death and destruction of the 12 Gauge.

Don't you guys think that once you change class, the mobile Spawn point should be removed. It's kinda weird and this is going to be abused a LOT!

CGPsaint
10-07-2011, 12:24 PM
Assault all the way. I always throw down a med kit near my teammates and revives are 100-110 points each.

M16A4/AK-74M - Holo Sight - Foregrip - Heavy Barrel
Any Pistol will do
Med Pack
Defibrillator
Extra Ammo

I pretty much roll the same class each game, but once the game comes out I will most likely customize my class each game to fit the needs of my squad. I'm really interested to see how the Squad Specializations are going to work out.

On a side note, it's pretty lame how many Assault Class peeps are running around who A.) NEVER throw down med kits, and B.) NEVER revive their teammates. I know that reviving is pretty wonky in the "beta," but seriously, this is a team game. Help a brother out.

I have some some beef, not "Mother Beef" mind you, but some serious beef with the UMP-45. It definitely feels overpowered in comparison to the Assault Rifles, but if there is an extra 200 points to be had every 2 kills, then I think that I'm going to have to get to like it pronto.

Poppygalaxy
10-07-2011, 03:53 PM
F2000 whit Holographic. and Grip.
Secondary, and semi pistol whit silencer really.

Sadly though, when the full game comes it might take a while before i can use my love again :p

oh, and Medic squad ftw!

UMP also comes high up there but i can shake the feeling i am being a bit cheap, so i drooped it.

SpectreSoldier
10-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Primary:
M416 ACOG
Grenade Launcher
Laser Sight
Secondary:
G17

CGPsaint
10-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Primary:
M416 ACOG
Grenade Launcher
Laser Sight
Secondary:
G17

How does the Grenade Launcher handle? I really want to try it out, but I can't fathom swapping it out for the Medkit which not only keeps me alive, but helps support my team.