PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition Picture and Info

TVthePunisher
10-02-2011, 01:55 AM
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5066/mgshd.jpg

If you're anticipating the upcoming HD remakes contained inside the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, you'll be pleased to hear there will be a Limited Edition option for those willing to lay down some extra cash.

So, based off the photo, it may look like you're not getting much more, and you'd be right, there isn't a whole lot there. In addition to the game, you get special box art by series artist Yoji Shinkawa and an exclusive 250-page art book. Based off the listing on Gamestop's website, the Limited Edition is going to run you $79.99, compared to the regular edition, which they price at $49.99. Seems like a steep increase, but perhaps for the most die-hard fan the huge art book and cover may be worth it.

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection is sneaking on to store shelves this November.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n5719/limited-edition-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection.htm

I'm posting this in all three forums x.x

BosmaniaK
10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
as much as they deserve my money, the artbook doesn't interest me.
maybe if they threw in a soundtrack and an action figure

Veedrock
10-02-2011, 09:28 AM
Is the book and sleeve really that much bigger than the game case? Like I get that a 250 page book is large but...still. That'll just look ridiculously out of place on my shelf, if it even fits.

Yeah I'll stick to the standard edition.

Yeloazndevil
10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
This is a very poor LE I have never cared for Yoji Shinkawa artwork, Standard edition is still the better buy.

The Bum-Mobile
10-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Getting this for sure. One, I'd love to express the hardcore Metal Gear fan I'd like to believe I am. I just love the series. More importantly though, I've always been a fan of MG art, and hoping that the book has concepts for most enemies/characters, I'm willing to throw down an extra $30 for it.

Quantum Resolve
10-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Metal Gear has, and always will be my favourite game series so I owe it to the series to buy this.