PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on shooting gallery?

jae200
10-02-2011, 02:17 AM
So I read the achievement guide here and a FAQ on another site and still have some questions.

There are 24 bottle caps in the game.. The guide says you don't have to visit them all. I'm assuming 6 caps is the most you can get in a single shooting gallery, with 5 of them in the game.. So you could essentially just visit 4 of them to get them all?

Thanks.. Never played the game and just don't want to miss this achievement. :)

EliteShadowMan
10-02-2011, 04:06 AM
So I read the achievement guide here and a FAQ on another site and still have some questions.

There are 24 bottle caps in the game.. The guide says you don't have to visit them all. I'm assuming 6 caps is the most you can get in a single shooting gallery, with 5 of them in the game.. So you could essentially just visit 4 of them to get them all?

Thanks.. Never played the game and just don't want to miss this achievement. :)

You can do the shooting galleries throughout the game in order, or you can just wait till chapter 5-1, or 5-3 and you can get all bottlecaps at once. When you go to a shooting gallery and pick what weapons you want, you then choose if your doing the A,B,C, or D row when you ring the bell

AshleeK
10-02-2011, 03:01 PM
gallery, with 5 of them in the game.. So you could essentially just visit 4 of them to get them all?

You could essentially just visit one to get the achievement. Each new shooting range adds a new challenge to the shooting range. There are four in all - A (which you can first access in level 3-1), B (4-1), C (4-2) and D (5-1). There is a fifth shooting range in 5-3, although it doesn't add a new challenge. If you want, you can leave the shooting ranges entirely until chapter 5, where you can get them all in one visit. That's what I just did (I got the achievement a few minutes before typing this).

The shooting range achievement is actually much easier than it looks and sounds, and only takes a few goes in order to obtain all the bottlecaps in each challenge. My advice is to use the rapid-fire setup for the first three challenges (which is a shotgun and TMP), then for challenge D switch to the sniping setup (rifle and pistol). This is because challenge D adds LOADS of Ashley targets (the latter part actually has more Ashleys than Ganados), so you'll need to take your time. So long as you hit most (if not all) of the targets, and NEVER shoot an Ashley, you should get a bottlecap. Also, each challenge has a special cap that is only obtainable by hitting all 25 Ganado targets. This is pretty easy, and you'll probably get it first time on each challenge (I did, and my aim ain't that great).

Hope this has been of some help to you. It's a pretty simple 150g to get, and is rather fun.

crispykiller96
10-02-2011, 04:21 PM
i was just about to google this but seen this nevermind lol the achievement is ridicoulsy easy anyway do what the poster says above some guy said you can only get the achievement in japan as its glitched i say hes talking noodles :-D

Arduous Wolf
10-02-2011, 10:32 PM
I just wish the shooting gallery had been included at the beginning of the game to help you get to grips with the controls. I lost loads of health in the beginning as I keep finding myself pointing the gun at the ground as I frantically tried to walk backwards while aiming. It took me awhile to get used to the controls again and I can't help but feel the shooting gallery would have helped...oh well at least its not as bad as trying to re-learn CVX's controls :p