PDA

View Full Version : Weapons

jackanape
07-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Just wondered if anyone who had played through the game could recommend a weapon set up that works pretty well, as it seems a waste to invest a lot of cash in weapons that have little or no benefit.

Plus, do you just unlock the weapon sets by buying others or do they unlock as a result of doing primary/secondary objectives.

Sorry about the questions but there seems to be very little info around at the moment and the weapons I use seem to be pretty rubbish.

Fenrir767
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Well once you beat the game Once I like the use the dagger 3 beam weapon on the nose its sweet and homes a little. Then I use the Eagle missiles for the second weapon, Cauldron Rockets for the third and since. I mainly focus on killing ships I use the cartridge holder for more ammo

chewy
07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Anyone download any of the 6 new "super-weapons" yet? I plan on doing so tonight (they are free)...was wondering about people's thoughts on them.

Fenrir767
07-26-2007, 03:35 PM
fram what I understand the Japanese dowloadable content is already on the NA version of the game.

TheMollywhopper
07-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Just wondered if anyone who had played through the game could recommend a weapon set up that works pretty well, as it seems a waste to invest a lot of cash in weapons that have little or no benefit.

Plus, do you just unlock the weapon sets by buying others or do they unlock as a result of doing primary/secondary objectives.

Sorry about the questions but there seems to be very little info around at the moment and the weapons I use seem to be pretty rubbish.

I mostly use Heavy MG 3 on the nose, Darts on front, Cauldrons on the sides and Thrush up the middle (dlc)... When all I need to do in a mission is kill ships I ditch the Darts and Thrush, replacing them with Condors and Maelstroms.

TheMollywhopper
07-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Anyone download any of the 6 new "super-weapons" yet? I plan on doing so tonight (they are free)...was wondering about people's thoughts on them.

You have to beat the extra missions in order to unlock each, and you have to do them in order. For completing the first mission you get Thrush, by far my favorite all-around weapon. I can't beat the second for the life of me, and according to the leaderboards hardly anyone can.

Fenrir767
07-27-2007, 08:56 PM
How do you get the new weapons and missions. I just got only a quick update.

TheMollywhopper
07-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Go to the marketplace... It's under new downloads. To access the missions after downloading go to your extras/bonuses

chewy
08-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Well, I downloaded the new missions and after beating the first one (I haven't even tried the others), I mujst agree that the Thrush Missiles are great. Good at taking out both fighters and ships.

As for my weapon setup, I always go with the Condor as main 1, Piranha as main 2, and either Thrush or Maelstrom as Main 3 (now that I only need the gigaton and 10k kills I only use the maelstrom). It doesn't really matter what you choose for the nose since I never fire it anyway.

The Robxp
08-07-2007, 08:27 PM
i us the Twin Sword SG311 on the nose cause it's great at taking out fighters, Eagle 120Am, Cauldron 50 Rockets, and if the mission has a lot of battleships/cruisers i'll take the maelstrom but if it's against mostly fighters then it's the longspear all the way

M4573RxB0x
01-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I haven't played this game yet but I have it in my possession at the moment and using the combination of weapons is probably going to help me. Thanks.

Pedle Zelnip
07-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I never grabbed the DLC, so never tried the Thrush, but this ended up being my weapons for most of my many playthroughs:

Nose: Twin Saber LG2H (though I rarely use this)
Main Weapon 1: Condor 105AM (some like the Eagle 120, but I find it far less accurate)
Main Weapon 2: Gray Head T76H (this is key for mission 10, as it allows you to kill Margras with a single shot)
Main Weapon 3: Either the Maelstrom Bomb or the Long Spear HBP depending on the mission, and whether I'm going for tonnage or just kills

I think the Maelstrom is the 1st thing to buy, followed by the Condor. After that, it doesn't really matter too much what order you buy stuff.

BelatedHero
08-28-2010, 08:33 AM
My setup for "general purpose" is...

Nose: Rapier BG4H
Front: Condor
Back: Cauldron
Middle: Long Spear / Thrush

For missions that are 100% fighters, I'll switch the Cauldrons for the booster to get more maneuverability. For missions that are almost all ships, I replace the Long Spear with Malestrom.

S3M
09-11-2010, 08:25 PM
My setup for "general purpose" is...

Middle: Long Spear / Thrush

For missions that are 100% fighters, I'll switch the Cauldrons for the booster to get more maneuverability. For missions that are almost all ships, I replace the Long Spear with Malestrom.

My set up was the same:

Middle: Long Spear / Maelstrom

This was the setup I used during parts of my first playthrough after unlocking them. Didn't change the setup at all to boost the full 1000 points, does take ages however.