PDA

View Full Version : Beta - Facts from DICE?

ChuckPalahniuk
10-03-2011, 05:22 AM
So, i keep seeing people argue and fight over whether or not this is old coding of the game, if this is basically the finished product, etc etc

So I was wondering, what all has DICE come out and said about it??

any quotes/links from interviews or PR would help out

MediumMelanin
10-03-2011, 05:39 AM
It's an old coding, supposedly they're five stages ahead than this beta that was released to the public! It's been all over twitter feeds and battlelog.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/devblog/

FeatherbottomMR
10-03-2011, 09:25 AM
don't know why people get so upset over a beta... it is put out for a reason..... the finished product should be great.....

Tatanko
10-03-2011, 12:01 PM
don't know why people get so upset over a beta... it is put out for a reason..... the finished product should be great.....
As I said in another thread: haters gonna hate. Period. There's always going to be people looking for things to complain about.

Squirrel257
10-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Also from Crash (The new Assistant Community Manager from EA working on BF) - he stated over Twitter that if they had of put more time into a BETA, it would of been less time into the final game, and then THAT would have been less polished. They are using this older coding to check for glitches, weapon balance, map design, ribbons, rankings, unlock progressions etc.

As too many people don't realise, BETA =/= demo.

H0p3sfalL
10-03-2011, 12:20 PM
I think the problem is that most people were expecting too much. As for me, I do have my pros and cons.

angry grizzly
10-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Obviously they didn't release the final version. Such obvious glitches wouldn't show up in a finished product. DICE did make the error of not communicating that this indeed is a beta version from which improvements already have been made. Failing to communicate that fact could lead to a drop in sales for the casual gamer.

xKRAIZEEMANx
10-03-2011, 02:18 PM
I will be getting this game, day 1. Has the beta changed my perception of this game?...Not in the least. I have a good group of friends I play with, and add Co-Op campaign into the mix, and I am happy as can be. I have never much listened to the Vox Populi, as I like to make my own decision on things.

Tatanko
10-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I think the problem is that most people were expecting too much.
This...
DICE did make the error of not communicating that this indeed is a beta version from which improvements already have been made.
...and this. If DICE had explained things better, far fewer people would be angry. There would still be haters, but there would be less of them.
add Co-Op campaign into the mix, and I am happy as can be.
Just so you know, Co-Op is not the same as campaign. It's more of a Spec Ops sort of thing, not so much a co-op re-do of the regular campaign.

xKRAIZEEMANx
10-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Just so you know, Co-Op is not the same as campaign. It's more of a Spec Ops sort of thing, not so much a co-op re-do of the regular campaign.

Yeah, I worded it wrong. Still, looking at the leaked achievements (provided they are real) The "Two-Rah!" and "Lock 'n' Load" cheevos seem to have a little more depth than the "Spec Ops", insofar as simply collecting Gold Stars. Also, the fact that weapon unlocks carry over into MP.
Granted, most of this information is speculation (if not all of it), and might not be how the finalized product will be.
Looking forward to all this game has to offer!

ChuckPalahniuk
10-03-2011, 05:27 PM
As I said in another thread: haters gonna hate. Period. There's always going to be people looking for things to complain about.

didnt say I was hating on it. :)

just thought there was a lot of talking about it, and thought there should be some clarification on what is a rumor and what is fact from DICE

Tatanko
10-04-2011, 03:26 AM
didnt say I was hating on it. :)
Didn't say you were. I was commenting on what FeatherbottomMR said.

Cooljoe
10-04-2011, 04:50 AM
For a beta, it's very well done. IMO not as good as bfbc2, but to each his own I guess.

littlejay
10-04-2011, 05:21 AM
the co-op is a campaign. just not the same as single player. its paced a bit better for 2 people and not as scripted (which is also why cod isn't co-op)

Odiumruse
10-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Obviously they didn't release the final version. Such obvious glitches wouldn't show up in a finished product. DICE did make the error of not communicating that this indeed is a beta version from which improvements already have been made. Failing to communicate that fact could lead to a drop in sales for the casual gamer.

What they should have done, is announced it as a Beta a long time in advance. Then they could have confirmed the old code was in use too.

And maybe even put BETA on the screen for you to see to remove any doubt.

Oh wait...

neubourn
10-04-2011, 08:00 PM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/321177/battlefield-3-will-look-play-and-sound-better-than-the-beta/

"The final game will look, play and sound better than the Open Beta. You have helped making sure of that," he concluded.