If you deleted your beta save file, will this work???

BL0W1NG BUBBL3S

firstly, my apologies if this question has been posted by SOMEONE ELSE or has already been answered somewhere within this forum - I had a look through things but did not see anything...

Here's a question... If I used a data transfer kit to move someone else's save file to my hard drive then signed into GoW3 would it unlock the beta medal/skins/thrashball cole character? (assuming the person in question had unlocked some/all of the above)

I played in the beta from start to finish & unlocked EVERYTHING but unfortunately in the time that elapsed between the beta ending & GoW3 releasing I bought a new 60GB HD to replace my old 20GB one but didn't use a data transfer kit to move my save file as I (wrongly) assumed that it would be my gamertag that would be recognised for participating in the beta!

Unfortunately i did not see the statement from Epic/Cliff/Rod etc. Regarding the keeping of the save file!

If the answer to my above question is "yes, this DOES actually work" - does anyone still have the relevant save file(s) in question that they would be willing to give to me?

I look forward to seeing your answers guys, thanks in advance!

No as it is not "your" save. The save has the ID of another account and will not unlock for you. My friend came over and I loaded my account first got all my unlocks *lost my beta save as well.* Then he loaded his up and I didn't get anything.

OT: This won't work as its not your save. If you transfer your save back from your old hdd*if you still have it* then yea it will, but it HAS to be your save to unlock any of the beta unlocks.

You can't simply "load" a game save "under your profile" if it's not associated with your profile to begin with, unless you previously tamper with the save itself (THAT which could result in you being banned, nor did OP mention anything about it). The game won't change in the slightest. Hence me saying from the beginning that it wouldn't work.

It's not breaking any rules to have the game save there to begin with. Like I've stated, there's realistic scenarios why it might be there.

You can't simply "load" a game save "under your profile" if it's not associated with your profile to begin with, unless you previously tamper with the save itself (THAT which could result in you being banned, nor did OP mention anything about it). The game won't change in the slightest. Hence me saying from the beginning that it wouldn't work.

It's not breaking any rules to have the game save there to begin with. Like I've stated, there's realistic scenarios why it might be there.

It wont work.

/end thread

You will not get banned at all. It just won't work.

Yeah, if you look at the save file it will have your mates GT on it so when you sign in it won't read that file as yours or open it and it'll just sit on your HD for no reason at all. Now if your mate signed in on your console and loaded the game it'd work for him cos the save is designated to a specific GT

You can give it a go, but nothing will happen is the sad answer :(