PDA

View Full Version : Oh no, not these controls!!!

Arduous Wolf
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
Back in the day I completed CVX on the PS2. I don't know how but I did. Yet I just can't seem to get to grips with these controls again. I keep aiming to dodge pass Zombies and then just as I pass them, like a love sick puppy I turn and run straight back to their out stretched arms :p I'm getting so annoyed with myself!

I don't know which is best to use the analogue stick or the d-pad for movement. At the moment I keep switching between both, this may be my problem. Perhaps I should chose one and stick with it, to gets to grips with it quicker but I just don't know which is best.

My question: Which method do you use/think is easier to re-learn?

xRyudo
10-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Analog. No problem at all.

The Stray
10-03-2011, 08:38 PM
I use D-Pad for everything, except certiain games which force me to use the Stick to move and use the D-pad for something else.

a7x4lyf3
10-19-2011, 06:58 PM
I mainly prefer d-pad but also have no issue with the analog.

RonanN1
10-23-2011, 01:16 PM
I use analog (just in the good old days on the dre@mcast). I have to admit at first I hade a little problem getting around the zombies...but after a few hours I was like :woop: hehe

Destro
11-02-2011, 01:25 AM
I loved this constrols back then, and still does. Yeah ok sometimes you try to pass quick and you miss, or you run into a wall, but hey thats what made RE... I would trade the camera behind shoulder anytime to get back my old controls...

Funny Story... when i first played RE2(was the first time i touched a RE, had only a N64 so no RE1) i had so much trouble controlling the character that i died at the beginning of the game... i was always running back and forth... i was like "wtf is that" but once you get use, its pure happiness.

And FYI i use the cross of the controller(still not sure why people call this a D-PAD)

Arduous Wolf
11-16-2011, 05:39 PM
still not sure why people call this a D-PAD

It stands for Digital Pad. It's a wonder that people don't shorten Analogue Stick to A-Stick, but seeing it written down maybe it is because it sounds a bit moronic.

HXC Azhiaziam24
11-30-2011, 11:48 AM
Digital pad? Are you sure you don't mean Directional pad? Haha. This would make more sense you know..? They kind of point in directions.

Flyinjew
12-23-2011, 02:02 PM
I use the d pad. It's a little awkward getting used to the tank controls again, but by the time I got the bow gun it became second nature again. What I dislike, however, is the decision to make A run and X confirm. It's more difficult toget used to that, considering all of the PSX RE games had square to run and X to confirm.