PDA

View Full Version : Best Games For An 9 Year Old

Wriggy
07-24-2007, 04:52 PM
It's my brother's birthday soon and my Dad doesn't have a clue what 360 games to get him.

I recommended:

Rayman: Rabing Rabbids (as he's also getting a Vision Camera and the idea of moving around excites him)
and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I was wondering if there were any more Vision Camera games (suitable for a 9 year old), available.

A few others I was thinking of were:
Meet The Robinsons?
Shrek the ThiRD?
Transformers?
TMNT?

Assassin x360a
07-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Id recomend buying tmnt for sure most 7-11 yr olds play these kind of games anyways say happy birthday from me lol. :)

Wriggy
07-24-2007, 05:03 PM
say happy birthday from me lol. :)

I will do ;)

Toki Wauna Noki
07-24-2007, 05:05 PM
shreak the thrid would be fun for a 9 year old

Bax x360a
07-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Cars? Open season? and yeah the ones you mentioned, shrek 3 etc

Im a Manatee
07-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm 13 and I had a blast playing TMNT. He'll have a lot of fun with that. Has he ever played the burnout series? Theres well over 50 hours of single player, and it's platinum hits.

others

The bigs
NBA Street
Lego Star Wars

theforcemonkey
07-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Lego Star Wars II. I have a 10 year old brother-in-law, and he thinks it's a blast. Plus, you could pick it up for $20 now, and who doesn't want to save money? If you were gonna spend the extra dough anyway, you could always take him out to a movie afterwards or something.

Wriggy
07-24-2007, 05:19 PM
He has LEGO Star Wars II for the XBOX (1) which is backwards compatible (LINK (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm)).

Thinking of Burnout, he liked Flatout: Ultimate Carnage. Is Flatout 3 worth getting for someone of his age?

Stinkyf1re
07-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Get him Oblivion! Its a great game for all ages, and will probably keep him occupied for months! :)

Zef
07-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Guitar Hero II could be an interesting but expensive present, though how many songs a nine year old would rock out to could be a problem.

I don't know any games other than Rayman that use the vision camera a whole lot other than arcade ones. Maybe get him the arcade pack?

Haly
07-24-2007, 05:58 PM
TMNT would be great for that age I think :) Hell, I liked it and I'm 22 :p
Meet The Robinsons isn't a bad choice, it can be slightly frustrating in places imo but still an alright game. Good choice if he likes the film of course.

Colby is KING
07-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Any 9 year old will like NBA Street or TMNT.

Rocket
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Cars...I, at 24 would have to say it was good...I hated the postcards, but all around I must admit for a kids game it was good...TMNT is another great choice, at 24 again, I LOVED THE GAME!!!, it was dullish, but still, its TMNT...Meet the Robinsons is another good choice....

RedBlinky
07-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I have little siblings and they hated ninja turtles... but they really like the Shrek games alot...

x McGrim x
07-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Any 9 year old will like NBA Street or TMNT.
Great, just teach the kid how to be "street" or "with it". Has everyone forgotten about Kameo?

Tussell
07-24-2007, 08:17 PM
I guess it's what he's limited to content wise.

If he's like most kids, who don't have like, a ban on what they play, I'd go with any game that's an acclaimed shooter. Gears of War, Condemned, Rainbow Six.

If it's for a kid who has a ban on what he can play, I'd go with anything that is in the Family Secton in the achievement area at the middle of the forums. Then some in each section such as racing, sports, or adventure games.

And you said Camera Games suitable for a 9 year old. When you're playing online with a camera, nothing is suitable. I'm 16 and I still don't think UNO is suitable for me. :p

xVanished
07-24-2007, 08:29 PM
I would say games like..

-Cars
-Shrek the Third
-Open Season
-Meet the Robinsons
-Ratatouille
-Sonic The HedgeHog
-Surf's Up
-Rayman Raving Rabbits
-TMNT

Those games I'm sure he would like. And try GrandTheftAuto : San Andreas. He'd like that to. KIDDING! Dont let him ever play that game... :)

sawman90
07-25-2007, 01:34 AM
Fusion Frenzy 2, my sister is 9 years old and loves that game... she plays that game more then I play any other game I have.... sad huh? lol

x McGrim x
07-25-2007, 01:46 AM
Fusion Frenzy 2, my sister is 9 years old and loves that game... she plays that game more then I play any other game I have.... sad huh? lol
Your sister has no taste in games...even if she's young. That was the worst 5 hours I've ever spent in my life. :p

Hulking Bubba65
07-25-2007, 02:15 AM
You could go with TMNT, i'm 13 and thought it was pretty good, or Cars, if he liked the movie, or any kids games said above me i think would be good choices.

Conker Rules All
07-25-2007, 02:28 AM
wow im very suprised because transformers is a great game for all ages and my brother loves it so i don't know why nobody mentioned it....

well someone has to be first:p

Slormer
07-25-2007, 02:35 AM
I'd recommend TMNT, or Viva Pinata. Surprised nobody has said the latter.

Fenzark
07-25-2007, 02:39 AM
LEGO Star Wars II has so much charm. Plus it has all these collective features that kids like so much. ;) Other than that, definatly Viva Piņata. It's a good game for all ages, so the older adults can join in too! :)

Guamon
07-25-2007, 02:43 AM
TMNT or Cars would be my choices if I was a 9 year old :D

BlaZiN cdn
07-25-2007, 06:33 AM
TMNT, Cars, Eragon (maybe), or Guitar Hero. But if he doesn't have a Ban on what he can play I'd go with, Gears of War or Rainbow Six Vegas.

Vista
07-25-2007, 10:54 PM
More Child-like games-
-TMNT
-Viva PInata
-Cars
-Meet the Robinsons
-Open Season
-Rayman-Raving Rabbids
-Rataouille
-Surf's Up
-Shrek The Third

Fun for all ages (though for a bit more mature)
-Guitar Hero II
-Call of Duty 3
-Tony Hawk Project 8
-Need for Speed Carbon

Highly Advanced/Mature/No Ban on Content
-Rainbow Six: Vegas
-Gears of War
-Shadowrun
-Splinter Cell: DA
-Crackdown

Arcade Games-
-Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged-contains 6 arcade game:
*Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
*Outpost Kaloki X
*Hardwood Backgammon
*Bejeweled 2
*Texas Hold 'em
*Wik: Fable of Souls

jarhead1990
07-25-2007, 11:01 PM
I'd go with The Darkness or Gears of War, you can turn the gore off both games. If You're dad cares that much about him shooting pixels then get him Oblivion or a good racing game. PGR3 or Dirt.

Tussell
07-26-2007, 12:48 AM
I'd go with PGR over Dirt though. Dirt seems to be like... To real, as if I'm some like. Dirt Racing Expert. :(

Jdm
07-26-2007, 02:03 AM
More Child-like games-
-TMNT
-Viva PInata
-Cars
-Meet the Robinsons
-Open Season
-Rayman-Raving Rabbids
-Rataouille
-Surf's Up
-Shrek The Third

Fun for all ages (though for a bit more mature)
-Guitar Hero II
-Call of Duty 3
-Tony Hawk Project 8
-Need for Speed Carbon

Highly Advanced/Mature/No Ban on Content
-Rainbow Six: Vegas
-Gears of War
-Shadowrun
-Splinter Cell: DA

Arcade Games-
-Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged-comtains 6carcade game:
*Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
*Outpost Kaloki X
*Hardwood Backgammon
*Bejewled 2
*Texas Hold 'em
*Wik: Fable of Souls

^^^*Applauds Blackvista for his list*

I would pick any of those games for your younger bro. I couldn't have a better list myself.;)

P.S. Happy B-day to your bro as well!

Vista
07-26-2007, 03:03 AM
^^^*Applauds Blackvista for his list*

I would pick any of those games for your younger bro. I couldn't have a better list myself.;)

P.S. Happy B-day to your bro as well!

Thnx JDM I aim to please... lol I remember whenI was nine and gotbullshit presents hopefully this kid gets a great one, Happy B-Day kid

Mr Hey
07-26-2007, 03:07 AM
TMNT wasn't half bad, but you could wait for GTA IV.

Anti HERO 574
07-26-2007, 03:22 AM
I would have to say

-tmnt
-shrek the third
-viva pinata
-burnout revenge (if he likes racing)
-gears of war (if hes mature enough)

teh x3nomorph
07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Transformers, Viva Pinata, Open Season. That is what my nephew likes at least.

Also, pretty much any of the arcade games like Zuma, Cloning Clyde. Or the BK games which Im sure you can find for cheap at gamestop. Like the Big Bumpin.

He might like Pirates of the Carribbean as well. Although it gets frustrating at times.

mightydionysus
07-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Lego Star Wars II and Guitar Hero II. Both will be enjoyed by a nine year old and his dad.

o Mandrick o
07-27-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure a nine year old would be able to get the full "usage" out of viva pinata. Its ok if you have a strategy guide or summat off the internet as a help guide but stumbling across all those variant combinations on your own is not gonna happen. Especially when you're 9. I think a nine year old would get bored of it.

I'd def recommend Lego Star Wars II as already mentioned. I had it on the PS2 and will be looking to get it at some point on the 360. Great co-op game too in the fact you can jump in and out of the game (at any point in the game) as and when required, so if he gets stuck you can jump in, give him a hand and get him past the bit he's stuck on, and drop out again. Or he can play it with mates or whatever.
I had hours of fun with my g/friend playing co-op who liked this too. That are Pinata are all she'll play.

Burnout is class and there are many many hours to be spent racing on that. And what more could be better to ta nine year old than smashing cars up. Harmless fun that can't fail to please.

Wriggy
07-27-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all your feedback.

I decided to get him...

LEGO Star Wars II as he's a big fan of the first one
and
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as it's perfect for something of his age and he's obsessed with trying to beat my GamerScore (which is never going to happen) and he'd love this game due to the easy GamerScore.

I've put on his card:

From
David (my name) and x360a.org

o Mandrick o
07-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I've put on his card:

From
David (my name) and x360a.org

Hee heee
Nice touch! And def a good choice on the Star wars front.
Kids need to be exposed to Lego even if it isn't the real thing! It should be mandatory part of growing up.

I may even have a look at TMNT after reading this thread. I'd dismissed it as rubbish from other sources I've heard/read.

Mr. Writer
07-27-2007, 05:43 PM
May i ask whathis gamerscore is? and if he gets close just play his games at night... hel never know...;)

TOXICtheWORLD
08-05-2007, 01:34 PM
hmmm.. Thats Really Though to say ..

hmm i think Rayman raving rabbits with a vision camera or shrek the third

JoeCool7835
08-05-2007, 02:45 PM
Can't forget games on XBLA. Uno and Spyglass Board Games are great choices so he can play with others.

JacePro
08-06-2007, 05:06 AM
I heard Spider Man 3 was pretty good. A lot of fighting with little to no blood and swinging around the city is always fun. Pretty easy achievements too. I have a brother who is 10 and he liked it.

I remember when I played the first on PS2...

Flea
08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
It's my brother's birthday soon and my Dad doesn't have a clue what 360 games to get him.

I recommended:

Rayman: Rabing Rabbids (as he's also getting a Vision Camera and the idea of moving around excites him)
and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I was wondering if there were any more Vision Camera games (suitable for a 9 year old), available.

A few others I was thinking of were:
Meet The Robinsons?
Shrek the ThiRD?
Transformers?
TMNT?

Cars,
open season,
Harry potter,

cant think what else and cant be bothered going seeing what games my kids playing.
:p

austin rules
08-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Spiderman 3 was pretty good exept for the button combonation parts he might get a lil frusrated with that

EDIT: there is a free game on xbox live marketplace u can get if u have a vision camera... I forgot what it was called but i think it starts with a T

Wolf
08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Good choices; I was going to suggest Lego Star Wars and TMNT is also an ideal fit. Dirt would have been my other suggestion, but what you selected is certainly not at all bad.

o Mandrick o
08-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Pretty sure this thread is dead now if you read the original poster's comments on what he put in his sons card on 27th July!!
:)

xboxedout
08-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Some great lists, not much to add... how about Two Worlds, not out until the 23rd, but looks like a game for all ages.

gublets8o3
08-06-2007, 10:48 PM
he has already said what he bought him why is everyone still posting

JoeCool7835
08-07-2007, 01:31 AM
he has already said what he bought him why is everyone still posting

Because there could be other parents out there wanting to find some relatively safe games for their kids. This thread could help them, too.

JJ UK
08-07-2007, 01:53 AM
Spiderman 3 was pretty good exept for the button combonation parts he might get a lil frusrated with that

EDIT: there is a free game on xbox live marketplace u can get if u have a vision camera... I forgot what it was called but i think it starts with a T

the game is called totemball

KewlBrettC
08-07-2007, 02:10 AM
And you said Camera Games suitable for a 9 year old. When you're playing online with a camera, nothing is suitable. I'm 16 and I still don't think UNO is suitable for me. :p

yeah im 15 and some people on uno at like 10pm really freakin scare me..... for the little i play uno, i have seen some crazy stuff

Elite Assassin
08-07-2007, 02:28 AM
Get him Oblivion! Its a great game for all ages, and will probably keep him occupied for months! :)

I don't think a game that is rated M for MATURE wold be good for a 9 year old. Blood, Alcohol use, etc. I can see some 13 year olds even though I prefer to play people that are at least 16 that are more mature with games rated M. Some games can be to graphic for 9 year olds and just because a 9-13 year old may have fun with a rated M game I don't think they should be playing it.

MASTERCHEAT
08-07-2007, 02:54 AM
TMNT and Rayman Raving Rabbids are good but Viva Pinata is the best.