PDA

View Full Version : Infuriating Glitch :(

charliehowes
10-03-2011, 06:05 PM
I started playing Fifa 12 on Friday morning and ended up spending a good 6 or 7 hours on it.
When I went to go back on it on Saturday my team/squad was all messed up, players in wrong positions, players missing altogether and numerous un-named goalkeepers in the squad all with a rating of 50.
When I tried to rectify this the console crashed and I had to switch it off on the front & back on again.
5 times I tried to rectify the problem and 5 times the console crashed.
I thought it might have had something to do with me adding 2 players, 1 being a created player, to my team before starting career mode.
I deleted created player and reset squads, then deleted game saves before starting career mode again.
I put a few hours in on it Saturday afternoon, saved, switched off and then back on again Saturday night with no problems.
Done the same twice again yesterday & everything was fine.
Now I've loaded it up today, clicked to play next match and it's informed me that my team isn't complete. When I've gone into my squad it's all messed up again & has crashed twice when trying to sort it.

Can anyone please shed any light on why this happening, how can I stop it and is their anyway at all I can rectify things so I don't have to start the season for the 3rd time ?

Thanks in advance

danjs84
10-03-2011, 06:23 PM
its happened twice for me as well , i had the same thing happen on fifa 10

charliehowes
10-03-2011, 06:46 PM
its happened twice for me as well , i had the same thing happen on fifa 10

Did you edit any of the teams mate before you started playing career mode ?

LThompson6
10-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Have you installed the game? I have and I haven't had any glitches which is very surprising for an ea game.

charliehowes
10-03-2011, 07:36 PM
Have you installed the game? I have and I haven't had any glitches which is very surprising for an ea game.

Cheers for that mate, I'm hoping that might be it.
I've been buying Fifa now since Fifa 09 and every one I've installed to my hard drive.
I started playing Fifa 11 again during the summer after being off it for a while, off the disk as it had been removed from my hdd when I stopped playing it.
That done the exact same thing so I sacked it.
I've not installed this one yet either so fingers crossed. Never had a problem with any of the others when they've been installed.

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Im yet to have a serious gltich for fifa 12. which like said above for ea is weird. Game should be broken by now

treble99daz
10-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I have had the same problem. I had also installed the game before hand. It was during career mode and my starting line up was all the reserve team players, I tried to change them back but it started to say all my players were GKs? Then it would just freeze and crash. I just had to delete that game save and start again :(
I read on google that this was a problem in Fifa 10 & 11.

treble99daz
10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
i also read that that it may be related to changing ur custom tactics?

IXISHADOW
10-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I found a glitch myself with the penalty system. It probably exists in previous games and probably has been found already. When you have a penalty change the kick taker and he will get ready to take the penalty. What you will notice is that the previous kick taker is standing next to the ball. When you take the penalty he will run up and not hit the ball. He will stand next to the other player and the ball. The only way to fix it is by pausing and unpausing the game.

danjs84
10-03-2011, 11:29 PM
Did you edit any of the teams mate before you started playing career mode ?

yeah i did , i added 2 created players and my pro when started . so if i reset sqauds ill be sweet:woop: can i still transfer in the window

SatNiteEduardo
10-03-2011, 11:29 PM
In previous versions of FIFA it sometimes happened if you had used the edit squad screen to do anything. The fix was to reset all squads to default. I have no idea if it will fix your current problem or not though.