PDA

View Full Version : New Beta Update 10-3-11

littlejay
10-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Hopefully this answers some questions for everyone.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/10/03/battlefield-3-open-beta-update-2.aspx

The Open Beta is a true Beta
The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old. We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we’ve built. Not only have we built a new game engine, but an entirely new back end system so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of dedicated servers on all platforms.

Just like normal procedure when releasing a game, the Open Beta has had long lead times due to testing, certification, and setting up. This means that the code you are now playing is actually quite early and not representative of the final game.

djpj
10-03-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't know, but I was playing on PC today, and for 1 full game, everything seemed to be running smoothly, didn't notice any bugs at all, and no flickering etcetera.

Then I left and on the next server it just got flickery and buggy again... anyone else had this today?

TheUglyCasanova
10-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Well it should be common sense to anyone that the beta is based on old code due to Microsoft needing time to review and finally give the OK on stuff. People who say it's not old code need a slap upside the head.

Anthonymrb
10-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I feel like a Beta should have that posted on it. Just so those idiots who think they are getting a demo understand what the word "Beta" means with games.

ChuckPalahniuk
10-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Did this update not require the typical XBL disconnect?

Tatanko
10-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Did this update not require the typical XBL disconnect?
It's not a literal update, just a piece of news. You know, an update.

That's not to say they haven't been changing things on the server end of things. I'm sure they have.

Cooljoe
10-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Any news of an update on 1 more map... I'd really like to blow some vehicles up.:uzi:

littlejay
10-04-2011, 05:00 AM
it's an update on what's going on. nothing being added to the beta itself. yall read the link?

MediumMelanin
10-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Yeah, I knew this was an outdated beta (old coding, and rants from people who have played the Alpha and have said that the Alpha was "better")! They won't patch the beta, like they said, they just released the beta to test the servers and to see if they missed any glitches and bugs that they missed that people will find, so they can patch them for retail. I hate morons who think it will look and play like the beta! -_- Dumb ignorant, retarded morons!