PDA

View Full Version : Pro help?

Fug the Pug
10-03-2011, 11:20 PM
Why does professional have to be so frustrating? I know there's already a help thread but I was afraid asking there would just get my questions buried under everyone else's comments. I want to know what the best tactics are for just getting the fuck out and the best hold out points for when you have to kill everyone. I'm having a hard time holding on to health and I'm just getting really frustrated which is only making me play even worse and make worse decisions. Right now I'm stuck at the sewers part where you're introduced to those annoying ass invisible bug monster things. Any tips on specific parts from there on would help.

macgyver893
10-04-2011, 02:59 AM
Lure the bugs close to you and watch for the "X" Kick icon to pop up. Or just take out your shotgun and fire away :)

Just take your time. You should know when all the enemies pop out and when you're going into a big enemy room since you beat it once already. Save your grenades and upgrade your health early. I haven't started my Pro playthrough yet but I plan on doing it soon.

Did you get the armor for Ashley too?

Fug the Pug
10-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Thanks. That helped quite a bit. And yes to the armor Ashley. I found a good strategy of backing myself into a small room and having her wait near the choke point. They just group around her and I can chuck a hand grenade or incendiary grenade. at them. My biggest problem is when she's not around, when I'm surrounded, or when those d-bags with the scythes start throwing them at me. The castle is, by far, the most frustrating part of this game.

baker
10-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Just about to finish the game on Normal.

Can I ask what guns everyone think I should buy/upgrade on my next Pro playthrough?

Teh Paralyzer
10-04-2011, 05:53 PM
This is how I beat Pro

If you know how to avoid a fight skip it. Just run to the other side.

Use Armor Ashley as bait.

If you entered a door that was labeled green it's a checkpoint. Kill some enemies then exit the room and return. That way if you die you return with how many enemies were left when you re-entered the room.

i got squeezed
10-04-2011, 10:06 PM
Just about to finish the game on Normal.

Can I ask what guns everyone think I should buy/upgrade on my next Pro playthrough?

Soon as you get the Red9 handgun, sell your default and start to upgrade it. Upgrade the capacity last, you want to focus on your firepower to waste less ammo. Shotgun, either wait until you get into the castle and able to buy the Riot Shotgun, or wait until the Striker.

It really all depends on your style, if certain guns appeal more than go for it but Pro run is difficult in some areas, more than others.

Fug the Pug
10-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I have something else. This may seem like a waste of pesetas but buying an extra rocket launcher for salazar (assuming you used the freebie on the vorduga) will make your life a hell of a lot easier.

CoregBlue1
10-05-2011, 11:09 PM
since i have beaten the game on ps2 like 10 times i died "only" 8 times on my pro run (5 on krauser lol)

until the castle: the weapons i had were: Pistol and Shotgun

At the castle: Semi-Auto Rifle, Blacktail and the new Shotgun. (later in the castle i also bought the mine launcher, since it isnīt expensive but very useful.)

After you fell down salazars trap: Sell the shotgun and buy the striker.

so in the end i had: Blacktail, Semi Auto Rifle, Striker, Mine Launcher and Killer 7

i bought the killer 7 later, i collected all treasures so i was able to tune each weapon fully except the killer 7. striker with 100 shots is a huge help on pro.
Btw. i used a rocket launcher on each boss in the game on pro, so i always had enough ammo since i mostly knife or close combat. Overall, Pro isnīt that hard ;)

Guitar LInc0ln
10-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Soon as you get the Red9 handgun, sell your default and start to upgrade it. Upgrade the capacity last, you want to focus on your firepower to waste less ammo. Shotgun, either wait until you get into the castle and able to buy the Riot Shotgun, or wait until the Striker.

It really all depends on your style, if certain guns appeal more than go for it but Pro run is difficult in some areas, more than others.

+1 on that strategy.

The best way is to stay with your normal pistol (don't upgrade it) until you can shoot the blue medallions and get a free Punisher from the Merchant. When you are reach the first Mearchant to buy a Red9, do it and sell the Punisher (which you hopefully never upgraded as well). I never upgraded any of my pistols but the Red9, because this gun may become your best companion for the rest of the game.

The Shotgun really depends on the way you play the game. If you think you need a good shotgun right after the village, you better get your hands on the Riot Shotgun. Otherwise I'd recommend to wait for the Striker.

I have something else. This may seem like a waste of pesetas but buying an extra rocket launcher for salazar (assuming you used the freebie on the vorduga) will make your life a hell of a lot easier.

I always do this for 2 certain boss fights: Verdugo and Salazar. Everyone else can easily be killed without RPG.

joe joe
10-08-2011, 05:53 PM
the striker

theGUNNman
10-08-2011, 06:27 PM
If you get low on money or items you can sometimes go into an area break a box and if it is nothing or something you don't want you can reload check point and check again. If it is something you want go back through the door where you get a small cut scene and then turn around and renter the area and go to the next box, rinse and repeat. You can go into some areas and almost guarantee you get an item from every box if you do it this way. Also do this with killing enemies.

Only upgrade the Red9, Striker, and bolt action rifle. Keep the broken butterfly even though at first the Killer 7 is stronger the exclusive on the BB will be a 50 compared to I think 35 on a maxed out Killer 7. Do not buy the scope for the rifle either. I never bought a TMP or mine thrower.

Save 2 flash gernades when going up against the knights so you can get a easy kill once their heads get a plagas, wait until all 3 of their heads get that way so one flash bang we get all 3 at the same time. Use BB to shoot them in the head.

Save money on the treasure maps by saving and then buying the map, looking at it, then reload the checkpoint and then your money is not wasted.

Saddler at the end went down easy with 6 grenades and shots to the eye with the BB. If you run out of grenades just shoot his body.

The toughest for me was Krauser. Mostly because I reloaded if I had to use too much health. I ended the game with 12 full health viles left.

Use videos for other boss fights.

Zippo7
10-08-2011, 09:44 PM
its very usefull to collect eggs at the farm.you can sell white and brown but keep the gold eggs.They give full healt and use minimum of space in your inventory.it is boring to do this but its worth it.After about 90min i had 16 gold eggs.

shadowgiest
10-10-2011, 06:19 PM
I get what the guy is saying. im currently on my pro run and im on i think 5-1 or 5-2. i forgot. but when i was on chapter 4. the part where you have to flip the two switches and burn the door while the gang of novistadors are attacking you man.... it took me a half and hour just to get out of the second cave with out them spewing acid or chopping my head off or kicking me down. even when i tryed to use an upgraded riot gun man. but i survived.... and i got all my bottle caps. those novistadors are bitches on pro! i haven't played re4 since its ps2 release too.

Gor1lla
10-10-2011, 08:25 PM
I always do this for 2 certain boss fights: Verdugo and Salazar. Everyone else can easily be killed without RPG.

My setup:

Mendez: ~3 grenades and a few shotgun hits
Verdugo: free RL
Salazar: bought a RL
U3: bought a RL + knife
Krauser: knife

Gor1lla
10-17-2011, 03:28 PM
That part was easy (at least for me). If you want to use the striker glitch:
Run up the hill with the glitch enabled and pick up the flash bang. Go into the cave on your right and hit the button. If the enemies are still invisible you can run throught, kicking them with X if they turn visible. If not use the flash bang and keep running. When you see the 2 novistadors coming out of the other cave, throw a grenade in and hit the last button. On your way out of the cave you can probably run past them with kicking one of them (just mash X). If not: use a grenade.

Without the glitch:
Same as in the beginning, you should be able to make it into the first cave without getting hit. Hit the switch and turn around. Now it all depends on your weapons. A big amount of enemies should be killed by a grenade. If you want to hold on your grenades use your pistol to kill flying novistadors as they die in one hit. The striker should deal with the novsitadors. Run on the other side and use the flashbang on the 2 enemies coming out of the cave. Run in, hit the switch and turn around. Make your way out again by just stunning them (kick, shotgun, flashbang). You can run past them because the door that now is open will protect you from the enemies.

NOTE: You can shoot novistadors in the beginning with the pistol while they are flying. Easy kill, but i'm not sure, if they respawn :)

lowtek
10-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Reloading from a checkpoint is your best friend. Any time you take excessive damage or use too much ammo, reload from a checkpoint. They're actually very forgiving in where they let you restart from. When I originally tried playing this on Pro back in the GC version I did horribly because I wasted so much ammo and health and then would save and I would be fucked. Run from enemies you can and only fight the ones you must. Get ammo in rooms that are clear of enemies. Always keep 30,000 ptas in your wallet for a rocket launcher for a boss fights. Once you get the Striker, learn how to do the ditman glitch, it is a life saver (equip Striker, aim then go to weapons menu quickly and equip another weapon).

sooulpower
10-21-2011, 09:21 AM
If you entered a door that was labeled green it's a checkpoint. Kill some enemies then exit the room and return. That way if you die you return with how many enemies were left when you re-entered the room.

This post just saved my ass. I Rage-quit on the freaking sniper/bridge part in 3-1 about a week ago. (The one with all the shield and mace guys where you have to stand on the plates to activate the crank) Tried the hit, run and green door "save" strategy alongside the good old armor Ashley lure gag. Aced it. Been awhile since I no-lifed this on the Ps2. I forgot some of the nuances of the game. Thanks again Paralyzer!