PDA

View Full Version : Needs Tweaking?

WildBoy UK
10-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Ok. Heres my opinion. Impact engine is ok, penalties are too frequent, Tactical defending is fine, slowly getting used to it, but some stuff needs sorting. Players can turn and dart away too quickly rendering your tactical defending pointless especially near the edge of the box when near your goal. Plus I mean come on you can shoot from thirty yards with a shot like a cannon ball. Its insane. Theres really no Need to ever use finesse anymore-just smash it in the net from 20 yards if your in on goal. Acrobatic kicks and insane volleys are OTT and to frequent and the pace of the game even on slowest game speed is too fast to incorporate tactical defending well to its potential. Apart from these points im enjoying it lol, better than fifa 11 overall? if they tweak it then yes, far to arcadey at the moment though after the brilliant strides mafe in fifa 10 and 11, its just not as well balanced at the moment. Just my opinion for what its worth but overall still better than evo by a mile.

vvv Synergy
10-04-2011, 06:22 AM
I fell that the game has came across perfectly the only thing i would change is how good the keeper is, but then again im still winning 5-0 80% of my ultimate team games but haveing like 20+ shots and 18+ on target :) and i think thats just because more new people are playing UT and they dont really have a clue and also Not many people are that good with the new defending so its kinda easy :) i also enjoy being the keeper as in pro clubs im always a keeper and enjoy it so i love being able to stop " sweaty " goals :) :) :) gotta be the best fifa to date IMO

Metalbrian2
10-04-2011, 07:33 AM
FIFA 12 is a good game and all, (I have 06,07,09,10, world cup 10,11, and 12) but to me there a delayed reaction when I pass the ball or shoot. I wish they wish they would fix this.

Boomerang Cat
10-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Ok. Heres my opinion. Impact engine is ok, penalties are too frequent, Tactical defending is fine, slowly getting used to it, but some stuff needs sorting. Players can turn and dart away too quickly rendering your tactical defending pointless especially near the edge of the box when near your goal.

I completely agree, there is too much AI twisting and turning for it to be considered realistic. Even the most Donkeyish of Full Backs controlled by the AI can twist and turn 3 or 4 times in a couple of seconds. It's no big problem if you sit off them and block the route of thier next pass but it is annoying to see it.

Voodoo077
10-04-2011, 10:15 AM
I just think defence of cpu is crap.

My m8 and I played last week our first tournament on Fifa 12 and he found a bug / glitch or whatever u want to call it.
He always seems to walk from his own field between the lines and no defender attacks him because the center back waits for the left back (or right depending where he attacks) and he just goes into aera to score an easy goal.
This is really frustrating as this is no foot like this but just based on speed.

I already changed meanwhile cpu so they attack as fast as possible the human player but now they are 11 on their own pitch. More difficult to score this way but unfortunately they do not score neither as they hardly cross to his part; they all stay in defence.

Anyone a tweak or idea to put on cpu for it to be challenging and more realistic without being too difficult?
thx dudes!

WildBoy UK
10-04-2011, 09:05 PM
Just had a 5 - 5 match in ultimate team against world class difficulty CPU. Ridiculous! Lol, Kinda reminds me of basketball.....you attack and score, i attack and score...repeat....repeat. Tackling is chance no matter how much you contain/jockey, this game really does need balancing more. Fingers crossed it happens.

Mister Spraggsy
10-05-2011, 07:49 AM
I'm getting on ok with the new FIFA but then only problem I have is no matter what team i play there GK seems to save everything I do but my keeper seems to let in everything. The AI seems to be able to get through my defenders no problem but I cant get past there back four. If I do get past there defense the keeper saves it, other then that I think this years FIFA is nearly spot on.

Voodoo077
10-05-2011, 07:52 AM
@ Mister Spraggsy: On which level do you play? How many stars ur team vs how many other?
CPU keeper is not too good and mine is not too bad. They score sometimes (1 match out of five or less)

Xerofox
10-05-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm loving everything they've added, the tactical defense is something to get used to but attackers finally have more space to create a goal. The Impact engine is good, I'm getting penalties left and right but the fouls would be penalties in real life too.

The keeper is crap on world class, it doesn't matter what the rating is (mine is 85) but it seems they panic when an attacker of the opposing team is in the box. I can't count the times they failed to stop a pretty weak shot which lead to a goal.

Anyone a tweak or idea to put on cpu for it to be challenging and more realistic without being too difficult?Put their tactics to Line defending or zone defending, they'll attack you the moment you'll enter their line/zone.