PDA

View Full Version : On the Fence

d0ct0rscarecr0w
10-04-2011, 12:16 AM
so I recently read an article about this game and it complete took my interested, all the craziness look like a lot of fun and all the strange weapons and customizations are cool.

my worries is does the game have a plot? some kind of storyline? I mean if it's just Mayhem that's fun for a while but can only keep my interest for so long, I'm just not sure how much substance the game will have.

I really liked GTA IV and a sillier version would be completely great, but I've never played a Saints Row game so I don't know how similar they are.

so to sum it up here are my questions:
Will there be a story or just mini-game stuff?
how big will the city be? big or smaller than Liberty City?
links to videos or articles would be nice, still trying to figure out if I'm going to place a pre-order.

EDIT: So like an idiot (you'd figure I'd have enough experience not to do this...) but I posted this thread before looking around. I looked at the map and it seems reasonable sized and I watched the Decker's Trailer. If the story is like that I am completely cool with that as long as there is some sort of structure.

sorry I was stupid but if anyone would like to give me more information I would appreciate it. :D

CrAzYnEsS
10-04-2011, 06:42 AM
Wikipedia is always a great source for information.

BTW quick answer, yes it does have a story, and there are mini games aswell, a ton of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saints_row_the_third

Also about the map, its smaller than the GTA 4 map, and it might only be the same size as the Saints Row 2 map. Which in its self was a decent sized map. Besides with all the stuff they've added into the game, I don't think you'll be upset if the map is a little small in a sense.

tbdcakes
10-10-2011, 02:59 AM
i had the same concern to a certain extent, but more so that the stuff in game, be it stories or weapons or whatever, was so ridiculous that it took away from the game

d0ct0rscarecr0w
10-10-2011, 04:31 AM
i had the same concern to a certain extent, but more so that the stuff in game, be it stories or weapons or whatever, was so ridiculous that it took away from the game
yeah that was pretty much what I was worried about, but from what I can tell from playing the first two games (you can get them as a set for 20 bucks at Gamestop) They have a decent story. I'm no longer on the fence I'm definitely getting the game this November.

Oh and if you are going to get it you should definitely Pre-order cause the bonus items are pretty cool.