PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield is let stressfull than COD thanks to K/D!

Stormy2k
10-04-2011, 12:34 AM
Before this thread even starts, I am a fan of both COD and Battlefield and yes, I'll be getting both games this year, but I believe the title of the thread is one of the major things Battlefield had over COD.

When I play Battlefiled, you know what, I don't care how many times I get killed, I don't even care about if my K/D is shot to shit or not, as long as im doing my best in a game mode and enjoying it, im one happy gamer.

The whole thing about getting a good K/D and getting killstreaks does take some of the fun out of COD, and having a team win or lose because of one person can be annoying as hell.

At least in Battlefield, you're not punished for being bad at the game or having a bad match.

exo-apollo
10-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Yes exactly, which is why I think they should remove your kills and deaths from the scoreboard and just have your overall score up there! Also I would like to see half the points for killing, double for MCOMing and a slight adjustment to providing medical care (seeing as people auto-heal).

Mother Beef
10-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Yes exactly, which is why I think they should remove your kills and deaths from the scoreboard and just have your overall score up there! Also I would like to see half the points for killing, double for MCOMing and a slight adjustment to providing medical care (seeing as people auto-heal).

I reckon keep it at 100 points for a kill as its a nice even big number. Keep MCOM plant at 100 or whatever, but increase the detention to like 400 points, also give a 50-100 point bonus to any teammates located in the area around the bomb when it blows up (attackers) to encourage people to defend/observed the objective or at the very least get into the battle more.

xKRAIZEEMANx
10-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Yeah, the whole K/D being listed on the scoreboard is a little "off-putting". Theoretically, you could get MVP and never fire your weapon (Or with suppression, never actually killing an enemy). That is what I love about the Battlefield series.

Baddluckinc
10-04-2011, 02:47 AM
Yes kills are important in the sense, if you don't kill them they may kill you, but to be your only focus is silly. There should be more points awarded around the objectives for not just the planter but the defenders of the planting so to speak. I love games that stress teamwork. If you want to be a lone wolf go play MW2.5 where your contribution to the team is uncredited.

Tatanko
10-04-2011, 03:13 AM
I think K/D shouldn't be on the scoreboard either, for the exact reason the OP is talking about. Don't get me wrong, I like to stay in the positive range for K/D, but it's not something I obsess about while I'm playing. The objective, or at the very least my squadmates, is (are) my priority.

Mother Beef
10-04-2011, 04:02 AM
I think K/D shouldn't be on the scoreboard either, for the exact reason the OP is talking about. Don't get me wrong, I like to stay in the positive range for K/D, but it's not something I obsess about while I'm playing. The objective, or at the very least my squadmates, is (are) my priority.

Agreed. However i have noticed that points are being handed out in the correct manner, yesterday i was in a match and at the end people were complaining that the guy that went 20-23 was the highest on the scoreboard. I shut them all up explaining that he clearly did most if not all the plants and undoubtably a lot of assists as he was above someone who was like 35-7. Its nice to see that.

I personally have taken to trying not to focus on the scoreboard when i'm playing attackers as the inner-CoD playing inside will be like "OMG what are you doing!" but on defensive I enjoy it. I get to see how many tickets I personally have taken away from the opposing team. In one case on the first base i got 48. Thats nearly 50% of their total tickets, no sniper rifle, no glitching. Just me and my F2000 at the rocks in front of B.

Take it away i say. But people will regardlessly camp, it isnt that hard to count your deaths.

Cooljoe
10-04-2011, 04:39 AM
K/d doesn't mean much in battlefield, true. You can go 1-6 in matches like I do and end up with well over 1500 score in a match.

AoA Requiem
10-04-2011, 05:58 AM
K/d doesn't mean much in battlefield, true. You can go 1-6 in matches like I do and end up with well over 1500 score in a match.

This. I've had plenty of matches start out badly for me in bfbc2 so I'd just focus on healing and revives. Sure I went 2-10, but I also had 20+ revives and who knows how many heals.. :p

Anthonymrb
10-04-2011, 06:19 AM
I could not have agreed more. I too am a fan of Call of Duty and Battlefield. With Call of Duty, it is all about getting a good K/D so you can get killstreaks and not have your team lose. With Battlefield, I enjoy being a medic and risking myself dieing to bring another play back. And my team almost always knows that so it's not a big deal to have more deaths. It's more teamwork in Battlefield since it only has objective game modes, not TDM.

Stormy2k
10-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Im glad im not the only one that when I see my K/D on BF and its a little negative my inner COD player comes out, then I remind myself there is no killstreaks so it doesn't really matter :p

Like others have said, I enjoy dishing out Medi or Ammo packs to people and will happily run into a fire fight to do it because I will be rewarded with XP from supplying and ribbons.

Your rewarded at every turn in BF, so even with a bad K/D you still get XP to level up.

MediumMelanin
10-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Ha, well, I usually always get a ridiculous K/D (20/7 or so) but I focus on the objective and my main priority is to WIN, so I guess it's all about W/L in Battlefield, rather than K/D!

Nitnoid
10-04-2011, 08:14 AM
I would like to concur with the OP. Whenever I see a firefight going on and not advancing, I'll rush right into the middle of the fray so the enemy focuses on me instead and my teammates take them out. I, of course die, but then I get to respawn and do it all over again! I'm having a blast with this beta!

xX Rom Xx
10-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Ive always played FPS like I'm a suicide bomber. I just run around like a madman with little regard for my kd, so long as I'm helping objectives etc.

In beta I regularly finish in the top 3, yet my kd is only about .7, my wl is 1.2 I think.
I'll try not to die too much when attacking as it obviously could lose us the game.

Id like to have positive kd, but I prefer winning. And if me reviving 2 or 3 players claims my life, I'll gladly do it.

OceanH
10-05-2011, 04:27 AM
I don't care about K/D ratio. I usually played as Medic in BC2 and got lots of points for healing and reviving teammates and I'm doing the same here. Here I once got the worst K/D in a match but got soo many points by healing and reviving teammates that I end up getting the MVP 2 ribbon.

cmoshdotcom
10-09-2011, 09:51 PM
assault + squad/teamwork = MVP ribbon. playing a medic (assault) in BF3 is completely Overpowered when it comes to making points. it was the same in BC2 where you could whore out a TON of points and not even shoot.

I used to ONLY play a medic in BC2 and was top 3 in the leader boards every match just about. I shoot when i need to, but I'm damn good at not dying and keeping my squad mates alive.

Plus if I'm worried about my K:D (which in the BF series I'm not) I'd just throw on the recon kit and pick people off and call out targets non stop.

Poppygalaxy
10-09-2011, 11:34 PM
assault + squad/teamwork = MVP ribbon. playing a medic (assault) in BF3 is completely Overpowered when it comes to making points. it was the same in BC2 where you could whore out a TON of points and not even shoot.

You forgot that in BC2, if you are a good Pilot you can easily get more point "owning" in chopper then playing as medic. So medic is not the only good ting for getting points ;)

Achiever TM
10-10-2011, 12:58 AM
while attacking usualy I try to get near objectives and wait to my squad to spawn on me to activate M-COMs while i protect their back, but i keep my position so if they die they can spawn on me near objectives. When I'm defending I camp in strategic points killing/marking every enemies as I can to win the match as soon as possible. If every team mates mark every enemies they see in a match then it is a certain win :) but that never happens! :mad:

Guitarr Steve
10-10-2011, 05:00 AM
I don't know what it is about Battlefield in general, but people seem to care a lot less about their K/D than in CoD. Even with Battlelog being introduced, people still play the objective a lot more than I see in Call of Duty. It's nice to have a change. :)

CGPsaint
10-10-2011, 01:58 PM
while attacking usualy I try to get near objectives and wait to my squad to spawn on me to activate M-COMs while i protect their back, but i keep my position so if they die they can spawn on me near objectives. When I'm defending I camp in strategic points killing/marking every enemies as I can to win the match as soon as possible. If every team mates mark every enemies they see in a match then it is a certain win :) but that never happens! :mad:

This is very true. I try to mark every enemy I see, but the marking system in the beta was pretty damn wonky. Hopefully it will be polished and work properly in the final release. Then maybe people will actually use it.

plum
10-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I love battlefield,can't wait to heal all you guys out on the field lol

upindat
10-10-2011, 06:26 PM
I could give a shit less about my k/d. i know some people live by it. they are the pussies that usually quit out when you get to kicking there ass so you dont ruin there perfect k/d ration.

Fallout1997
10-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Couldn't agree more. Not just on COD, on most games you hear people shouting over live and obsessing over their K/D ruins the fun for me. I just want to play a game and enjoy it. I don't care about K/D, it's just a status symbol.

CGPsaint
10-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Couldn't agree more. Not just on COD, on most games you hear people shouting over live and obsessing over their K/D ruins the fun for me. I just want to play a game and enjoy it. I don't care about K/D, it's just a status symbol.

The only status symbols I care about are the number of revives, repairs or knives that I've stuck in snipers back!

TheUglyCasanova
10-10-2011, 08:45 PM
That just shows you're playing the game the right way if you don't care about your K/D ;)

I agree it's much funner just to play this and try to win as opposed to trying to get 11 kill streaks in CoD. It's quite annoying to be one kill away from a Chopper and some noob stabs you from 20 feet away in that game. Glad there is none of that nonsense in this lovely piece of software.

It does suck when your team is horrible though and don't even try for the M-com stations.

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 12:16 AM
That just shows you're playing the game the right way if you don't care about your K/D ;)

I agree it's much funner just to play this and try to win as opposed to trying to get 11 kill streaks in CoD. It's quite annoying to be one kill away from a Chopper and some noob stabs you from 20 feet away in that game. Glad there is none of that nonsense in this lovely piece of software.

It does suck when your team is horrible though and don't even try for the M-com stations.

It was always some asshole getting the knife kill from forever away or the random grenade being tossed across the map. I remember when I got my first nuke. I dropped that shit like it was hot and no knife in the game was going to stop me.