PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new Assassin's Creed game next year.

DEG23
10-04-2011, 02:34 AM
Found this over on Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-03-first-details-on-2012s-assassins-creed

Looks like a new assassin's creed game is in the works all because of the 2012, end of the world conspiracy, they have pushed throughout the series.

I agree that it would be fitting to have the 2012 ending actually arrive in 2012 but i would rather have a well designed/polished game than something that's has been rushed to meet a deadline (we all know how those games turn out)

In terms of story i'm even more eager to get my hands on Revelations now

daishichi
10-04-2011, 03:20 AM
I totally understand the worry over possible rushing, but the last two titles have vindicated Ubisoft against similar concerns, and AC:R looks like it will keep earning that faith.

I gotta think they've had a team working on ACIII for 2-3 years...with a new ancestor in a new era, they've at least been writing story and researching history since they settled on the structure of the "trilogy".

I do find it interesting that ACIII will be the last Desmond story, resolving the 2012 prophecy. I expected a new sub-trilogy, with an ancestor as cool as Ezio who would warrant an AC3.1 and AC3.2. Where are they gonna take it from there?

AlienDenzil85
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
The way I see it, Ubisoft has planned the final AC game for 2012 all along, so I'm not sure they would be rushing it, as they've probably been working on it since a similar time to starting work on Revelations.

xKRAIZEEMANx
11-15-2011, 03:36 PM
I just picked up my copy of AC:R today at Gamestop. And noticed there was a poster with a sweepstakes and a chance to win "Your Likeness in the next Assassin's Creed game"...So I thought to myself, "Huh, guess there is another one coming out".
Which is just fine by me. As all the games have improved upon it's predecessors.

Burnout x360a
11-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm fine with that, i've been impressed by each release so far. They've managed to up the awesome each time.

Now to get my hands on Revelations :p

DeadlySinz86
11-15-2011, 03:57 PM
To be honest, if they hadn't confirmed a new title for next year, I would've been proper nerd raging, I need to know what happens next damn it!

Stefan61713
11-16-2011, 01:05 PM
personally i think this is good news. i mean acr came out almost exactly 1 year (16 nov- 15 nov) after brotherhood too and it's one hell of a game. ubisoft really know how to make a game simply awesome and its maybe my favorite developer because of that.
*raises glass* to a new assassin's creed!

P.S. i hope the world won't end until i 1000g AC3 {:D

asdfen
11-16-2011, 03:39 PM
dunno I am a little disappointed by Revelations. Al thought only because Brotherhood was so awesome and Revelations just does not live up to its predecessor imo. The missions were way cooler in Brotherhood than they are in Revelations also the story was just absent. Good game but not grate like Brotherhood was in my eyes. Heck I even enjoyed AC 2 better.

Zim
11-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Urg I seriously hope that after next year they don't do a new game until the next generation and give it a 2 year gap. So 2014 at the earliest.

Revelations is a HUGE mess. Desmond sections are terrible, den defense is terrible, ziplines are nigh on pointless (remind anyone of the springboards from AC2-DLC?), far too many bombs and not useful enough, story and development lacking, the truly dreadful new notoriety system that turns a lot of the game into a hassle. Basically all the good things in the game are the same as in brotherhood.

Brotherhood was a small step down from 2 but Revelations is a massive step down. 2 is still the series highlight. They need to stop rushing out the games.

It's showing in reviews as well. AC2 and Brotherhood had almost identical reviews. between 90-91% on gamerankings. Whereas revelations is already down to 80-82% and likely that will drop further as usually the higher reviews come first. Entirely possible it will end up below the first game. The good scores in reviews are mostly due to the core gameplay that is nigh on the same as in 2.

It's just very very clear that they aren't spending enough time on them and are rushing to throw in features so they can claim it has new stuff. If they had more time I'm positive someone would have said ''Hold on this tower defense stuff is no good, we either need to completely redo it or cut it'' But they didn't have the time so thought ''Oh well just throw it in anyway''

asdfen
11-18-2011, 02:35 PM
I guess I wasnt the only one who hated den defense especially when combined with new noteriety

fivebyfive200
11-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Urg I seriously hope that after next year they don't do a new game until the next generation and give it a 2 year gap. So 2014 at the earliest.

Revelations is a HUGE mess. Desmond sections are terrible, den defense is terrible, ziplines are nigh on pointless (remind anyone of the springboards from AC2-DLC?), far too many bombs and not useful enough, story and development lacking, the truly dreadful new notoriety system that turns a lot of the game into a hassle. Basically all the good things in the game are the same as in brotherhood.

Brotherhood was a small step down from 2 but Revelations is a massive step down. 2 is still the series highlight. They need to stop rushing out the games.

It's showing in reviews as well. AC2 and Brotherhood had almost identical reviews. between 90-91% on gamerankings. Whereas revelations is already down to 80-82% and likely that will drop further as usually the higher reviews come first. Entirely possible it will end up below the first game. The good scores in reviews are mostly due to the core gameplay that is nigh on the same as in 2.

It's just very very clear that they aren't spending enough time on them and are rushing to throw in features so they can claim it has new stuff. If they had more time I'm positive someone would have said ''Hold on this tower defense stuff is no good, we either need to completely redo it or cut it'' But they didn't have the time so thought ''Oh well just throw it in anyway''

this x 1000

also towards the end of brotherhood it felt a bit rushed imo

ModernSith2010
11-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm personaly not worried, I wouldn't be suprised if they had the whole story planned from first game everything seems to blend in seemlesly. Ok maybe the gameplay hasn't changed all that much since 2 but it's not all about the gameplay, I love the story to these game's and in my opinion they are flawless. Only thing that they shouldn't have messed with was the notority, as it is abit stupid getting notority when buying shops etc.

CodSteaks
11-18-2011, 07:32 PM
Only thing that they shouldn't have messed with was the notority, as it is abit stupid getting notority when buying shops etc.

Totally agree with this. Making it a lot easier to get notoriety and harder to lose it just turns it into a meaningless chore. I think I agree with you, though, it's getting 25% notoriety every time you buy a shop that's the biggest pain. I could have done with the loss of the wanted posters and the full notoriety gain after every templar den seizure and it still wouldn't have felt as tedious as it is now. I'm kind of anal about buying up everything I can, so it's really a pain in the ass.

OT: I really can't wait to see what they do in the next Assassin's game. A whole new hero in a new historical setting is going to be a nice change. I've been enjoying every game so far, but the change in the settings from AC1 to AC2 was huge, and it'll be nice to see something new like that again. Ninja assassin anyone? Granted the templars seem to fit better in the locales they've shown so far, but whatever, they would probably try to spread their reach as far as they can.

If they really have had a separate development team working on AC3 for the last couple years, that would really bode well. If they haven't, they should have!

A BENGAL HOBO
11-18-2011, 07:55 PM
i dont mind the new game...i luv AC games and i continue to buy them...but where will it go after AC3?it end desmond story.....so what next?

ModernSith2010
11-18-2011, 09:25 PM
BTW in AC3 or whatever the next one is do we play as Desmond the whole time, as someone earlier said that it is the last one with Desmond and if it is it would make sense to mainly play as him in our time as if not it would been pointless considering he was ment to be getting the bleeding effect to help him fight.

you need lipo
11-19-2011, 12:41 AM
Well I just finished the game and all I got to say is they set it up nicely for the next game. Could be different than what everyone's thinking.

Kaiyo
11-19-2011, 02:56 AM
They've probably already been working on it after AC2 was released.
Brotherhood and Revelations are side games to the main trilogy.

Tyger7
11-19-2011, 05:35 AM
Revelations is supposed to be Ezio's last game according to the developer note in the strategy guide. Final in the trilogy is what it said. The reason they can make these so fast is because there is like 6 Ubisoft branches working on it, all in different countries.

Kaiyo
11-19-2011, 07:48 AM
Its suppose to be Altair's and Ezio's last game.

Tyger7
11-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Its suppose to be Altair's and Ezio's last game.

Guess they'll stick with Altair's son. Good choice in my opinion.

We need to play the side of the templars sometime!

x JPeeper x
11-19-2011, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't really say they are rushing these games when (like mentioned above me) they have like 6-7 Ubi studios working on each game so they got a ton of man-power going into these things.

Not to mention they probably have had a team working on AC3 for a few years now and this last year before release will get all the other studios on board.

fivebyfive200
11-19-2011, 02:34 PM
looked it up on wiki and its 5 studios

Ubisoft Annecy
Ubisoft Massive
Ubisoft Quebec
Ubisoft Singapore
Ubisoft Bucharest

it does not say what they worked on individually (but I guess Annecy did the MP as the did for brotherhood as below)

Ubisoft Singapore
Ubisoft Bucharest
Ubisoft Quebec
Ubisoft Annecy (multiplayer)

I bet it will be the 5 same studios for AC3 and maybe 1 or 2 more

ModernSith2010
11-19-2011, 02:46 PM
We can't play as the Templer's as it wouldn't be ASSASSIN'S CREED LOL. I think this is deffinatly Ezio last game as what he say's at the end. Only thing that will dissapoint me is if the next one is Desmonds last as I really want a full game of playing as him, now he has unlocked most of his abilities

KSI HollowClyde
11-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Nobody seen Assassin creed: Embers?

Kankui
11-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Its not going to be Ezio or Altair. I know that and I haven't finished this game yet because of what I have heard. It will be a new character. It better not be Miles Desmond running around in modern day, thats all I have to say about that.

xTGMx INF3RNO
11-20-2011, 12:33 AM
Desmond miles. And its a new character

Quid Squid
11-20-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm assuming the were several reasons for Brotherhood and Revelations (other than monetary).

They realized how much their story had grown and needed some explaining that wouldn't fit in the third game alone.

They wanted to try new things to see what kind of reaction they got to decide what direction to take the third (den defense, hook shot, building city up, bombs, parachutes, etc)

I'm sure you will see some stuff return from previous ones and some stuff disappear along with even more new stuff in the third.