PDA

View Full Version : WOW! What did they do to this game?

Felix Pie
10-04-2011, 08:59 AM
This game has been completely dumbed down. I mean you can't spin out if you tried. Literally I think its impossible to do so with the default settings so obviously I won't be playing much online. I turned everything to manual and it made it a little bit harder but not hard enough. Its still nearly impossible to screw up unless you slam on your brakes or you do it intentionally. I was planning on playing career mode almost exclusively. Was planning on giving myself a challenge but apparently I won't be able to. I can understand making games that everyone is good at so they can sell millions but they just lost my money.

Rusty Knight 07
10-04-2011, 09:40 AM
I never tried it with all the assists off, but someone I was talking to got the impression they've screwed it up and got the setting backwards. He says with everything on the car handles brilliantly, drifting, etc. was no problem. With all the assists off he couldn't get the car to slide anywhere.

Also its nice to see they've completely screwed up the "penalty" icon on lap times again. You hit anything on the last half of a lap and have to do a whole lap before you get chance to get a "clean" lap time.

WoH Jabba81
10-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I never tried it with all the assists off, but someone I was talking to got the impression they've screwed it up and got the setting backwards. He says with everything on the car handles brilliantly, drifting, etc. was no problem. With all the assists off he couldn't get the car to slide anywhere.

Also its nice to see they've completely screwed up the "penalty" icon on lap times again. You hit anything on the last half of a lap and have to do a whole lap before you get chance to get a "clean" lap time.

Jo guys... sounds like bla bla blaaaa... someone told me, that someone did something somewhere...
Go and enjoy the full gamenext week!

MxPx
10-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Of course you cannot spin out with default settings on...default settings on the demo are complete opposite of how one would normally play the game...hell, its even on AT mode! lol

Also, this is the demo. It's purposefully made easier.

xTGMx INF3RNO
10-04-2011, 05:59 PM
Its a DEMO!

SuperSkyline89
10-04-2011, 07:19 PM
Forza was never meant to be played with the default settings. They have always been for people who literally have no clue.

Turn 10 assumes you have enough common sense to go and set your own custom difficulty. They set the default to not scare people away.

DEG23
10-05-2011, 02:13 AM
Forza was never meant to be played with the default settings. They have always been for people who literally have no clue.

Turn 10 assumes you have enough common sense to go and set your own custom difficulty. They set the default to not scare people away.

Haha, fired this up last night and jumped straight into a race. After the first few corners i was disappointed at how bad it was, although i was completely forgetting the default settings.

Once i went back to the menu and turned all assists off, selected manual, and jumped into the 458, i now can't wait for this game to come out.

The only thing that bothers me is when i'm coming up behind the AI, if i get too close they hit the brakes, then BAM. They must be desperate for insurance payouts;)

SuperSkyline89
10-05-2011, 02:32 AM
The only thing that bothers me is when i'm coming up behind the AI, if i get too close they hit the brakes, then BAM. They must be desperate for insurance payouts;)

I've found that with the previous games too. They brake so damn early. I think I saw a video though where they said they changed the AI quite a bit. Something about the cars always accelerating hard and forcing you to use the corners to overtake. Looking forward to seeing that, and the new difficulty level between Medium and Hard which is seriously needed.

Unfortunately I can't even play the demo until Friday night when I get back home from school. Gonna start the demo downloading and drive to Best Buy to get myself a racing wheel and enough MS points to buy the season pass. And then assuming Amazon is quick with the shipping on my Limited Edition I won't get to play the game until the next Friday. It's only Tuesday night and it feels like I've been at school for a week already, just can't stop thinking about the game.

DEG23
10-05-2011, 03:10 AM
I've found that with the previous games too. They brake so damn early. I think I saw a video though where they said they changed the AI quite a bit. Something about the cars always accelerating hard and forcing you to use the corners to overtake. Looking forward to seeing that, and the new difficulty level between Medium and Hard which is seriously needed.

Unfortunately I can't even play the demo until Friday night when I get back home from school. Gonna start the demo downloading and drive to Best Buy to get myself a racing wheel and enough MS points to buy the season pass. And then assuming Amazon is quick with the shipping on my Limited Edition I won't get to play the game until the next Friday. It's only Tuesday night and it feels like I've been at school for a week already, just can't stop thinking about the game.

I have to admit the AI is tougher, although i only played on medium, i haven't been game enough to try hard. You really do need to pick gaps and almost anticipate how they will take a corner so you can take the opposing line.

Just out of curiosity why can't you play until Friday, do you board on campus?
If it makes you feel any better, i won't get my hands on the game until next Thurdsay, that's when it's released in Australia.

SuperSkyline89
10-05-2011, 03:41 AM
I have to admit the AI is tougher, although i only played on medium, i haven't been game enough to try hard. You really do need to pick gaps and almost anticipate how they will take a corner so you can take the opposing line.

If it makes you feel any better, i won't get my hands on the game until next Thurdsay, that's when it's released in Australia.

Yep, it's my last year of mechanical engineering and I'm living on campus. I chose not to bring my 360 with me since first year in the interest of not flunking out so my gaming during the school year consists of every second weekend (most of the time, I'm only spending a week on campus next week), Christmas break, and reading week. I don't really mind it that much because lets face it, I have my whole life to play games but Forza 4 is really making it rough.

DEG23
10-05-2011, 04:51 AM
Yep, it's my last year of mechanical engineering and I'm living on campus. I chose not to bring my 360 with me since first year in the interest of not flunking out so my gaming during the school year consists of every second weekend (most of the time, I'm only spending a week on campus next week), Christmas break, and reading week. I don't really mind it that much because lets face it, I have my whole life to play games but Forza 4 is really making it rough.

Leaving the 360 at home is a good idea. It was hard for me going through university as the campus was only an hour commute from my place and trying to study at home knowing the console was within reach, so tempting.

It's good to see you have your priorities in order, as much as i complained to myself when i read how much fun everyone of these forums was having with new release games, it feels much better now to be working a decent job with most of my week nights free to play games.

T3z
10-08-2011, 04:55 PM
This game has been completely dumbed down. I mean you can't spin out if you tried. Literally I think its impossible to do so with the default settings so obviously I won't be playing much online. I turned everything to manual and it made it a little bit harder but not hard enough. Its still nearly impossible to screw up unless you slam on your brakes or you do it intentionally. I was planning on playing career mode almost exclusively. Was planning on giving myself a challenge but apparently I won't be able to. I can understand making games that everyone is good at so they can sell millions but they just lost my money.

LoL, it isn't screwed up, its called, "they made RWD cars competitive." You can spin out, gun it out of an apex too quick and you're gonna slide. It's alot better than fm3.

T3z
10-08-2011, 04:59 PM

The "penalty" icon is the same as it was in fm3. And the previous lap should always affect the next, someone could cut a corner, giving them a faster entry speed across the line into the next lap, giving them an unfair start.

Mohegan13
10-08-2011, 08:35 PM
You hit anything on the last half of a lap and have to do a whole lap before you get chance to get a "clean" lap time.

Or you could just use the rewind button, fix the error, and not have to do another full lap to start the clean lap.

MxPx
10-08-2011, 08:45 PM

I found the A.I. very weak, actually...even on Hard I can pass them all by the second turn...

But it could just be the track. Even with all assists off, you can pass on the outside no issue, because the track is so wide.

DEG23
10-10-2011, 02:24 AM
I found the A.I. very weak, actually...even on Hard I can pass them all by the second turn...

But it could just be the track. Even with all assists off, you can pass on the outside no issue, because the track is so wide.

Just wondering, did you have contact with any of them? Maybe it's just me but because i'm going for a clean lap i tend to hesitate so i can judge where they are going to move and also any drafting is considered an uncertified lap so i can't get too close even if i'm going to cut across behind.

WoH Jabba81
10-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Just wondering, did you have contact with any of them? Maybe it's just me but because i'm going for a clean lap i tend to hesitate so i can judge where they are going to move and also any drafting is considered an uncertified lap so i can't get too close even if i'm going to cut across behind.

Its the drafting maybe... or you came across the yellow lines on the side too far with one side of the car :confused:

MxPx
10-10-2011, 05:42 AM

None significant. Any contact was initiated by them. I like to race like it's real life...i.e, not slamming into the other cars, over-braking when the car in front of me does so that I don't hit them, only passing when it's a clean/legal pass, etc.

Rusty Knight 07
10-10-2011, 04:54 PM
The penalty icon is still ridiculous, how can I be gaining an "advantage" if it hit the wall on the last corner?
It needs to be reprogrammed properly or replaced with a system that actually works - after all cutting a corner probably gives you an advantage, but going wide on a corner doesn't - but you still get it!

Also, its a shame Turn 10 seem to have totally ignored most of the suggestions from racers and instead tried to make the game interesting to "non-racers".

Mohegan13
10-10-2011, 07:16 PM
cutting a corner probably gives you an advantage, but going wide on a corner doesn't

That's not strictly true. There are some corners where running a little wide can give an advantage as it allows you to take the corner faster. A good example of that would be the two wide corners leading into the tunnel on the demo. (rivals - Zonda)

SuperSkyline89
10-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Sometimes taking a corner wider lets you get on the throttle quicker or it might set you up better for the next corner, tighter isn't always better.

My gripe about the penalties is that I get one for brushing a wall or getting hit by another car. Honestly I don't really care all that much because I couldn't care less about leaderboards but it just seems really unfair because that isn't cheating.

DEG23
10-11-2011, 01:03 AM
My gripe about the penalties is that I get one for brushing a wall or getting hit by another car. Honestly I don't really care all that much because I couldn't care less about leaderboards but it just seems really unfair because that isn't cheating.

The penalty for drafting is the most ridiculous even if you cut behind another car you still receive the penalty???

I don't think there is a right or wrong way to take a corner, it all depends how you enter it. If you enter wide you can maintain power and clip the inner edge, but in Forza it all comes down to where your opponent is.

SuperSkyline89
10-11-2011, 02:23 AM

After a weekend of playing the demo I would have to agree as far as the hard AI are concerned. They're easily beaten in two laps so in full game races they'll be easy pickings.

As for professional. I managed to get into 1st with the Mercury Cougar in two laps. With the STi, I couldn't catch the RX-7 and I don't think I could if you gave me all the laps I need, it just has far superior straight line speed. I could have taken the MP4-12C with the 458 given one more lap, I came out of the last corner within 20-30 feet of him. However this is all with a controller.

With a wheel I can handle medium easily but tend to get slightly nervous on hard and keep getting rammed by the AI. I'll be starting the game off on normal with a wheel, using a controller on professional with my favourite cars and tracks, a Skyline on the Nordschleife or Suzuka for example.

erod550
10-12-2011, 06:01 AM
As far as I can tell you can't set the AI difficulty. Medium, Hard, Advanced, etc. are all referring to the difficulty on yourself only by turning off assists. The AI didn't get any tougher for me when I turned everything off, it's just harder for you to drive well, so it may seem that way.

Either way, with the assists off the game is great and the cars handle like they should. You can definitely spin out if you're not careful in a high powered car or even in a moderately powered RWD car. Don't believe me? Try turning all the assists off and driving any of the cars from the Muscle Car pack and tell me you can't spin out if you're not careful.

TwistedFate
10-12-2011, 10:51 AM
As far as I can tell you can't set the AI difficulty. Medium, Hard, Advanced, etc. are all referring to the difficulty on yourself only by turning off assists. The AI didn't get any tougher for me when I turned everything off, it's just harder for you to drive well, so it may seem that way.

The AI is adaptive, they drive better the better you do.

SuperSkyline89
10-12-2011, 11:45 AM

Either way, with the assists off the game is great and the cars handle like they should. You can definitely spin out if you're not careful in a high powered car or even in a moderately powered RWD car. Don't believe me? Try turning all the assists off and driving any of the cars from the Muscle Car pack and tell me you can't spin out if you're not careful.

The career mode has adaptive AI but the demo didn't, you have to manually set it.

Daniel55645
10-12-2011, 11:19 PM

who cares if you cant spin out or not as challenging. its still an amazing game just play it and have fun.

Daniel55645
10-12-2011, 11:33 PM

thats like saying you wouldnt play this or forza 3 cause they put rewind in the game so if you mess up you just rewind and redo. thats worse than making it so you cant spin out. i think you just want something to complain about

MxPx
10-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I like how the A.I. doesn't always respond the same after you rewind. I've noticed that sometimes the A.I. will take a slow inside route, but then I'll rewind, and this time they'll take a fast outside route on that corner.