Idle Boosting Questions

Hent High

Hey I go to school and sleep like a regular person so I think it'd be great to idle towards the match medals in Gears, but I have 2 questions:

1. Would doing this cause my electricity bill to skyrocket?

2. Would leaving my Xbox on so long make it likely to break or red ring ect.?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I go to school and sleep like a regular person so I think it'd be great to idle towards the match medals in Gears, but I have 2 questions:

1. Would doing this cause my electricity bill to skyrocket?

2. Would leaving my Xbox on so long make it likely to break or red ring ect.?

If you're going to leave the game idle for that long, make sure you have the game installed to your harddrive. It puts less stress on your 360.

I wouldn't want to leave my new Xbox on for any significant amount of time unless I was actually using it, I've had three old models E74 without leaving them on to boost, I'm sure the slims are better for not cooking themselves but I wouldn't risk it, and please boost in private/local matches please, leave the public/ranked matches for people that actually want to play, I'm not against boosting in this manner per se, but it is incredibly unfair when you are trying to play the ranked game as it was intended and some tool is doing 360 degree spins in spawn with their rubber banded controller.

I'm not one to usually condemn boosting practices, but, the ole 'tie a rubber band on the stick to make you turn in circles' routine is pretty lame, in my opinion. You're screwing your team over by sitting there, being a complete douche (unless, of course, this can be done effectively in private matches).

Yeah, I agree, it can be bloody frustrating at times.

There was a big kick off over the very subject on another post that got quite heated...

I'm not one to usually condemn boosting practices, but, the ole 'tie a rubber band on the stick to make you turn in circles' routine is pretty lame, in my opinion. You're screwing your team over by sitting there, being a complete douche (unless, of course, this can be done effectively in private matches).

You can do it in private, full-bot matches. I've been boosting Wingman in this method for a week now whenever I'm at work or asleep and only have about 440 matches. It's like 8-10 minutes a match. I don't like the gametype, so there's no downside to this. Still gonna take a month to finish up, and that's only one of six gametypes (though this is the worst one).

To the OP: Install the game and you'll be fine. Like I said, been going a week with no issue.

Yes, it will significantly increase your electricity bill (assuming you are leaving it on all day while in class and all night while asleep), but the amount depends on what model Xbox you are using (older is worse on power strain, obviously).

Turning off the television screen helps, but the Xbox is kind of a power hog. You'll still be using a lot.

Check this out:

How much power...

If you skip to the second page, it states that an Xbox playing a game for one hour uses 0.17 kwH. If you can find an electricity bill, you can see how much it will cost. Having the controller wired via charge and play cable will not make much difference to the cost. Leaving your TV off will save as a normal TV uses 0.08 kwH's - about half what the Xbox is costing.

Edited by Mindstorms

Check this out:

How much power...

If you skip to the second page, it states that an Xbox playing a game for one hour uses 0.17 kwH. If you can find an electricity bill, you can see how much it will cost. Having the controller wired via charge and play cable will not make much difference to the cost. Leaving your TV off will save as a normal TV uses 0.08 kwH's - about half what the Xbox is costing.

I had no idea the 360 used so little power and it looks like he's talking about the old one so slim will use even less haha.

Hey I was thinking of boosting the matches but....

Is it really worth it when you have to do all those kills anyway?

Shud easily cover the matches when going for 30,000+ Kills.

No one else think this is a valid point?

I really cant see the point of boosting matches when we have all those kills to do anyway?

No one else think this is a valid point?

I really cant see the point of boosting matches when we have all those kills to do anyway?

You need 30,000 kills and 15,000 games played. You really think you're only going to average 2 kills per match when actually playing them out? It's good to boost out any gametypes you don't like, then just play for real the ones you do.

@Sensei Neo

Are you reading what some guys here post ? A LOT OF PERSONS doenst like modes like WIngman, CTL or KOH, so they boost in night those playlist while in the day or when they have time go for the KILLS in the matches that they regular play like TeamDeathmatch or Execution. All my friend just play TDM so thats the one im not going to boost :D, btw im just doing it for Chairman Prescott :p.

@OP go on u wont be consuming a lot :)

Just to throw something in there. Electrical appliances, of all kinds, especially Games Consoles and Laptops/Desktop Computers are most under stress at the point of power on/off. I leave my PC on 24/7 it is never off. It never breaks down. But years ago when I always power on and off I went through about 6 computers.

**Thanks for the reply Deadly & Pants Party**

I do understand what you are saying. Just think it makes more sense to grind out the huge amount of kills first & see how many matches you are left with....

Might AFK some Wingman tho because they are horrible... Lol