Spotting.

ll Mr Bubbles ll

So after turning on today i noticed my collectibles /campaign progress was reset (gay ass epic). Not that big of a deal as i have everything done for campaign and my online rank/medals have remained untouched. However i noticed i cannot spot people? (click left stick while aiming at them) even when im up close, i thought this may be because you learn the ability in campaign (act 1 chapter 2) so i quickly rushed through the campaign until i unlock it.

But still even after the tut pops up telling you how to do it i cannot spot people? Now to be fair this is a big deal for me as i spot alot of people in multiplayer to help my team and also negates me from the onyx medal.

Anyone else had this problem or knows a solution? i know i have 2 save files, one for campaign another for multiplayer , maybe i could delete the campaign one and solve this issue .

Thank you.

Edit : update

Dunno what the problem is or how to fix it, ive taken both the player data and saved campaign off my hard drive and loaded up and it created new playerdata , saved campaigns and still the problem persists. Nothing i can do my end . Although i dont get how i still have all my mutators/unlocks/ executions even though i have no save files at all on my system. I know epic have your rank saved server side but i didnt know they have all my war journal details too

Edited by ll Mr Bubbles ll

epic told me to clear cache and recover my account, tried that still doesnt work. Also tried a different profile on a different console and still cant spot people. So its either my controller or my disc (dont see how) . Ill update once i try with a different controller.

Update :

Just tried with a different controller and i can spot now? but i dont get it as the other controller does click in and i can hear it clicking the button underneath yet for some reason it doesnt work i guess.. Now i just need to buy a new controller... maybe the gears 1 ;)

Edited by ll Mr Bubbles ll

epic told me to clear cache and recover my account, tried that still doesnt work. Also tried a different profile on a different console and still cant spot people. So its either my controller or my disc (dont see how) . Ill update once i try with a different controller.

Update :

Just tried with a different controller and i can spot now? but i dont get it as the other controller does click in and i can hear it clicking the button underneath yet for some reason it doesnt work i guess.. Now i just need to buy a new controller... maybe the gears 1 ;)

The button may still work but it might not be connected to anything in the controller. The wiring or soldering could have been knocked loose.

The button may still work but it might not be connected to anything in the controller. The wiring or soldering could have been knocked loose.

Yeah, my right stick doesn't work sometimes when I click it. It's the most annoying thing when I'm trying to zoom in.

Glad to hear that other people are spotting. I hate it when other people don't spot. I spot constantly, it's a good way to let my team know where the enemies are, especially if 2 or 3 enemies are coming towards where I am and my teammates are looking at another entrance.

Spotting is very useful, please do it more often everyone.