PDA

View Full Version : Item Storage?

Mace1st
10-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Is there anywhere to store items in the divide thats easy to access and safe (i.e container wont reset after three days)?

I dont like to leave anything that might come in useful, but its proving to be difficult atm :confused:

Interfector DEI
10-05-2011, 03:53 AM
You can always leave the divide stash stuff then return to continue the quest.

Mace1st
10-25-2011, 11:39 PM
Dont really want to keep leaving the dlc map to return to the mohave everytime i want to store items, just seems like alot of travelling and time wasting. In every fallout dlc to date, there has always been somewhere where you can store items until you are ready to leave.

Im tempted to try an ammunition box, since these are said to safe, but im not sure whether this has been changed or not.

Ice Car
10-26-2011, 01:48 AM
Dont really want to keep leaving the dlc map to return to the mohave everytime i want to store items, just seems like alot of travelling and time wasting. In every fallout dlc to date, there has always been somewhere where you can store items until you are ready to leave.

Im tempted to try an ammunition box, since these are said to safe, but im not sure whether this has been changed or not.

*Cough*Honest Hearts*Cough*

Librarin Solu
10-26-2011, 02:12 AM
:confused: What is that supposed to mean?

SpinelesS
10-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Either I have been really lucky or you can dump stuff into pretty much any container you want and it will be saved.

I have used boxes, trash cans, dumpsters, duffle bags, etc and my stuff stays in them

I am currently using a duffel bag , a locker, a first aid kit and a footlocker in the womens barracks to store my stuff. I store clothing/weapons/aid/misc in seperate containers :)

And thats just for this DLC. I use the trash can at the gun runners, the dumpsters at vault 3 entrance, and a bunch of containers in the Sink (used to use dumpsters/boxes in goodsprings)

:confused: What is that supposed to mean?

I think he is saying that honest hearts didn't have a storage location (I used the 3 duffle bags at the start for that one)

Librarin Solu
10-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Ah, thanks. But one would think you wouldn't need a storage area in Honest Hearts, since you have a limit to what you can bring. Besides, it's not like you need that much to bring back; just the unique weapons/armour, two green gecko hides, and any other crafting items you may want.

Ice Car
10-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Ah, thanks. But one would think you wouldn't need a storage area in Honest Hearts, since you have a limit to what you can bring. Besides, it's not like you need that much to bring back; just the unique weapons/armour, two green gecko hides, and any other crafting items you may want.

I picked up a ton of Hunting Revolvers, Trail Carbines, .45 Submachine Guns/Pistols, and Hunting Shotguns I wanted to bring back so I could Jury Rig them for profit. I had to repair a lot of them with other weapons of the same type to make room in my inventory. I was disappointed, so much potential money down the drains.

Mace1st
10-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Just a quick follow up for anyone who's interested, I found that the duffle bag in the Hopesprings Womens Barracks, close to the start of the lonesome road is a safe container. Its quick to fast travel back to until you are done in the dlc.

--------------------EDIT-------------------------
Holy crap, should of refreshed the page before posting a reply me thinks :) Anyways, after some testing i kinda figured the duffle bag to be a safe solution, but thanks for the replies.

And even though someone already beat me to it, yeah, i did the same thing in Honest Hearts. There were some duffle bags close to the first fast travel point in Xion. Didn't even think at the time whether they were "safe" containers, just used them. Which is why when i saw the duffle bag in the barracks i though i would test it.

Nevander
12-27-2011, 04:51 AM
I found that the duffle bag in the Hopesprings Womens Barracks, close to the start of the lonesome road is a safe container.

Are you 100% positive that it is safe? Because I'm currently storing practically everything I've found so far in there. :p

Cohort Brian
04-04-2012, 10:03 PM
Why don't you just use ED-E for storage?

Ice Car
04-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Why don't you just use ED-E for storage?

Because that still might not be enough for some, containers have no weight limit but most reset if left alone for too long. You may have to drop some things along the way or repair expensive weapons together to make room, like me.

J4ckyb0y1
04-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Once you clear out most any building of baddies, nothing spawns there again and you are free to store things there safely. So pick any storage container inside a building that does not have a scripted event, and you will be fine.

Dz06lt
04-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Yeah im pretty sure you can store stuff anywhere