Fastest way to level fortifications?

Delta438

Sorry if this thread has been posted before, couldn't find a similar one. Anyways, what would you guys think to be the quickest way to level up your fortifications in Horde? Seeing as how the upcoming DLC is going to have a bunch of new fortifications, I'd really like to be as close as possible to unlocking them once it comes out. Sadly, I haven't even unlocked the Silverback yet, and leveling the fortifications seems to be a drag.

Is there a more efficient way to do this? e.g. Starting on a boss wave then spending the money. Any help provided is greatly appreciated.

Log in a guest, do two player private horde, have guest give you all their money, pick a base, start spending on what you want to upgrade, die (smoke grenade tag if you have friendly fire on), rinse and repeat.

This works pretty quickly but if there is a faster way I'd love to know it.

Log in a guest, do two player private horde, have guest give you all their money, pick a base, start spending on what you want to upgrade, die (smoke grenade tag if you have friendly fire on), rinse and repeat.

This works pretty quickly but if there is a faster way I'd love to know it.

Smoke grenades can kill?? O.O

Nevertheless, thanks for the reply!

The vid for field engineer is here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=332775

Maybe that'll help boost the turret?!?

Thanks for that, but I was thinking barriers more. The turret one seems to be a drag, since you'll probably spend around $300+ in total before the wave starts. I'm grinding for it as we speak, but I was wondering if there was a certain wave I could start on to make this process faster.

What I do is to use friendly fire mutator/Super Reload and Instagib Melee on wave 50 to get quick cash and when I can buy stuff.. let's say for example decoy you can just hold down right trigger to damage it (with your lancer) while bashing Y to repair it over and over till it breaks, which is way quicker than buying/repairing it once per wave since the fortification level system is based on how many times you buy/repair it.. not how much $ you spend on it.

What I do is to use friendly fire mutator/Super Reload and Instagib Melee on wave 50 to get quick cash and when I can buy stuff.. let's say for example decoy you can just hold down right trigger to damage it (with your lancer) while bashing Y to repair it over and over till it breaks, which is way quicker than buying/repairing it once per wave since the fortification level system is based on how many times you buy/repair it.. not how much $ you spend on it.

This is wrong, it's based on the amount of money, i have done the turret over 4000 times and it does not take that much to max the level of it but becuase i only pay $4 per repair it barely moved in level

I boosted founder ribbons on checkout and for the last 100 ribbons I took money from my guest and put into a fortification and ended the round with smoke grenades. I managed to get both turrets and decoys levelled up quite high in not a lot of time.

This is wrong, it's based on the amount of money, i have done the turret over 4000 times and it does not take that much to max the level of it but becuase i only pay $4 per repair it barely moved in level

Well when I was leveling the silverback I'd buy it then repair it once each wave and it'd barely move for me, but with my other method it moves much quicker (the level bar). I got everything maxed out now though so can't really check myself if for example buying the silverback for 12500 would put you at 187,500 towards level 2 (200,000 is needed for level 2).

shooting the decoy and or automated turret doesnt do anything between waves i have friendly fire mutator on doing this in split screen, not sure what im doing wrong :(

From my experience you can only damage the manned turret with friendly fire.

I thought the friendly fire method would be the simplest but if it doesn't work for the sentry then that blows. I only need two more levels for the senty and decoy to max out all 5 and I don't really care about the decoys.

As I have found, the best map for leveling sentry is thrashball. If looking down onto the field from the steps, the right side has 4 sentries bunched up if you buy the command post up top and at the right locker room. I just play it in public matches and spend all my money each round on those 4 sentries. After round 15 or so, you typically have to replace a couple of them and put over 1000 repairs in the others.

For the silverback, just use it in public matches. After round 20 it will take a decent amount of damage each round, resulting in anywhere from 2-6 thousand to repair. I maxed it out rather quickly by just saving my money in public games and buying it at round 9-11 and repairing between rounds.

I've been doing Insane wave 50 with instagib and super reload. I rarely come close to finishing but usually get $12-20k. I found thrashball spawns beserkers pretty frequently and I just wait for them to come upstairs and insta melee them. Shoot some grinders and maulers. Restart from current wave and go build whatever you're working on.

The method off the start is probably quicker but I find it very monotonous with no actual gameplay.