PDA

View Full Version : Most important tip ever!!

PC_GFWL_GAMER
10-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Use the knife to kill whenever you can to conserve ammo!!

Failure to do so will most likely mean restarting the game again from scratch. It happened to me I decided to just casually play through then reached the end of part1 boss fight on the plane with not enough ammo/health so had to restart again from scratch & lost all progress.

TVthePunisher
10-04-2011, 07:34 PM
The two or three playthroughs I've done of this game before on the Playstation 2 I never used the knife. I still had ammo, even after wasting shots that would sometimes miss. The knife, to my knowledge, is at its best in this game...able to deal severe damage to zombies and is a killing machine compared to the previous games (apart from RE4 and RE5's knife that is). So I imagine I'll be holding onto it to deal with zombies for the most part, saving my ammo for things like Hunters.

Mapmakermaster
10-04-2011, 11:38 PM
I never used the knife, not even once. I completed it just a few moments ago with tons of ammo left including 12 green herbs.

I think you maybe doing something wrong. :)

Steve9213
10-05-2011, 11:45 AM
resident evil games should go back to being made like the classics. sure the reboots are great but i think it has become a series of its own.

Zombiedrd
10-06-2011, 12:19 AM
I never used it and ended the game with 80+ shotgun shells, 350 handgun rounds, 40+ of all grenade types, 350 arrows, 10 explosive arrows. I went at Alexia with 13 rounds for the Magnum as well. I just ran past everything and only ever killed what I had to. Even left bosses alive.

TVthePunisher
10-06-2011, 12:40 AM
I never used it and ended the game with 80+ shotgun shells, 350 handgun rounds, 40+ of all grenade types, 350 arrows, 10 explosive arrows. I went at Alexia with 13 rounds for the Magnum as well. I just ran past everything and only ever killed what I had to. Even left bosses alive.

Which bosses can you leave alive? I'd assume the first Tyrant encounter and probably the adult Albonoid (sp?) and maybe the giant Black Widow but...do tell x.x; I'm curious.

BUZZARDIO 1080
10-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Which bosses can you leave alive? I'd assume the first Tyrant encounter and probably the adult Albonoid (sp?) and maybe the giant Black Widow but...do tell x.x; I'm curious.

i think you answered your own question pretty well dude.
albonoid/giant spider for sure can be skipped, not sure about first tyrant , i believe when you put him down you can leg it past him but i never managed it.

AlanOC91
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
As great as the knife is I always seem to take at least 1 bite from a zombie when I go one on one with them with the knife.
I slash at its legs, it gets a bit in, I slash its legs more, it falls and I knife it to death.

What exactly am I doing wrong? :(

BUZZARDIO 1080
10-06-2011, 02:45 PM
As great as the knife is I always seem to take at least 1 bite from a zombie when I go one on one with them with the knife.
I slash at its legs, it gets a bit in, I slash its legs more, it falls and I knife it to death.

What exactly am I doing wrong? :(

timing .i think,if you hit them ,the second you make contact ,you can slash again,this way you can get 2 hits before they get to close.
i got bitten by well over 15 zombies on my wesker run so you can take a fair amount of nibbling.