PDA

View Full Version : Genki's DLC coming with achievements ?

Wicelow
10-04-2011, 07:07 PM
With all the awesome games coming soon, I'm on the fence with this one...

Today they released a new trailer about some survival arena thingie included in the pre-order Genki DLC.

Do you think that pack will come with achievements ?

I was planning on getting the game after a few months but if get it and have to pay for the DLC as well, I may as well pick it up on release as it'll be the same price in the end...

What do you think ?

dang racoons
10-04-2011, 07:27 PM
The dlc pack is just an outfit, a vehicle and a weapon the activity is in game by default. Though I think it's just early access stuff anyway.

CrAzYnEsS
10-04-2011, 10:57 PM
The dlc pack is just an outfit, a vehicle and a weapon the activity is in game by default. Though I think it's just early access stuff anyway.

The pre order Genki stuff is exclusively for people who pre order the game only. Violiton stated that it will never be released as DLC.

Theres actually a contest going on right now, that if you pre order from gamestop you have the chance to win a bunch of stuff including a huge tv.
http://www.saintsrow.com/blog-post/win-92-tv-gamestop-yes-92

But if you pre order from Saintsrow.com, you get the season pass, which gives you the first 3 DLC packs for Saints Row the Third free. Also you get the Genki stuff. The shipping is free.
http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_US/pd/Saints-Row-The-Third/productID.226490200

dang racoons
10-05-2011, 02:48 PM
The pre order Genki stuff is exclusively for people who pre order the game only. Violiton stated that it will never be released as DLC.

Theres actually a contest going on right now, that if you pre order from gamestop you have the chance to win a bunch of stuff including a huge tv.
http://www.saintsrow.com/blog-post/win-92-tv-gamestop-yes-92

But if you pre order from Saintsrow.com, you get the season pass, which gives you the first 3 DLC packs for Saints Row the Third free. Also you get the Genki stuff. The shipping is free.
http://store.thq.com/store/thq/en_US/pd/Saints-Row-The-Third/productID.226490200

Just to add to that GAME UK seem to be giving away the invincibility pack if you preorder there.

TrueWarrior
10-05-2011, 02:59 PM
The game is going to be sick, if the pre order special comes with achievements attatched it's worth it.

FangtasticBite
10-05-2011, 05:04 PM
I doubt any game would add achievements to a pre order only DLC otherwise anyone who wants the game after its release wont be able to get 100%

d0ct0rscarecr0w
10-06-2011, 01:11 AM
I doubt any game would add achievements to a pre order only DLC otherwise anyone who wants the game after its release wont be able to get 100%
very true, however, usually these special item preorder deals end up being added to the regular game after a while. An example is the L4D2 American bat. Which was a preorder bonus, but now everyone gets it.

Wicelow
10-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Nope.
There is also some sort of arena-reality TV show-thingie that was revealed a few days ago.
That's why I was wondering if there will be cheevos for it.

But someone said Volition already told the DLC will never be available on the marketplace.
So no achievements for that arena, it's just for fun :-)

Thanks for the answers, guys !

Axel Desade
10-07-2011, 06:02 AM
Nope.
There is also some sort of arena-reality TV show-thingie that was revealed a few days ago.
That's why I was wondering if there will be cheevos for it.

But someone said Volition already told the DLC will never be available on the marketplace.
So no achievements for that arena, it's just for fun :-)

Thanks for the answers, guys !

Just to clarify the arena thing is just one of the many activities, and there is an achievement for completing it.

tbdcakes
10-10-2011, 02:33 AM
good thing i preordered

Wicelow
10-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Just to clarify the arena thing is just one of the many activities, and there is an achievement for completing it.
Oh... Did not see that :eek:
So the arena isn't a part of the pre-order DLC. Good to know.

I have my answer, then.
I'll wait a few months for SR3, already have enough games to play till the end of the year...

d0ct0rscarecr0w
10-14-2011, 12:22 AM
I'm getting the feeling that the Actual game show is part of the main game and you will still be able to play it without the preorder you just won't get the three (really cool) items.

I mean none of the advertisements I see talk about and you think that would be one of the main preorder selling point if it included new levels!

kieran spartan
10-14-2011, 03:20 PM
most dlcs come with achievements so im not sure

Axel Desade
10-14-2011, 03:57 PM
most dlcs come with achievements so im not sure

That's not really true in the case of Pre-order DLC. Especially when all the DLC comes with is a weapon, a vehicle, and an outfit.