PDA

View Full Version : Who's chatting?

Dudwood Fudwood
10-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Appologies if this has already been answered but does anyone know how to view who's voice chat you can hear? The reason I ask is, with the ability for kinect to work as a mike, I really need the ability to mute players with unwanted noise. I have had to quit a game twice due to enduring the sounds of peoples dogs, children and arguments with the missus!
I know in halo, if you hold the back button you can see who is chatting and can then mute the offending party but I cannot for the life of me see how to do it in B3 beta without muting everyone one by one until it stops (which is not ideal for obvious reasons).

Cheers in advance for any help.

CGPsaint
10-04-2011, 09:36 PM
If I'm not mistaken, there is a setting in Profile Settings on Xbox Live where you can mute EVERYONE. Period. :D

Dudwood Fudwood
10-04-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah that's an option if I don't need to chat but if I'm in a squad and need to issue commands I kinda need the chat facility on. Only other options are private party's or tell people to shut the eff up.

CGPsaint
10-04-2011, 10:02 PM
I'd go with the option to tell people to shut their pieholes, but God knows they wouldn't listen. I got tired of listening to asshats chattering needlessly, so now the only people I communicate with are people on my friends list.

fastNcurious
10-04-2011, 10:40 PM
I've had the same problem and can't tell who to mute either. I just end up leaving that game and joining up with another.

Also bugs me that you can't tell which squad member is dead. In BC2, the name is shaded out in the squad list if you've died. I use that to tell if I should push forward or if someone is waiting to spawn on me. Doesn't seem to be doing that in the beta, for me anyways.

MediumMelanin
10-05-2011, 06:06 AM
Ah, yeah, the Kinect is too noisy for use as a mic. You can't even see a microphone symbol on who's chatting. Damn beta, some little IMPORTANT things were overlooked. I am sure that it will be fixed by the final game.