PDA

View Full Version : Purpose of being human??

ElektroDragon
10-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Besides invading other worlds, kindling, and small stat boosts I have yet to notice, what really is the point or benefit of being human?? I have lost two or 3 humanity points so far because I'd get one, convert, then get killed, and they seem limited in number. :(

BruDrew
10-05-2011, 05:59 AM
You need to be human in order to kindle bonfires, which gives you 10 estus flasks instead of 5, and to summon other players/npcs to boss fights.

IDiivil
10-05-2011, 06:09 AM
Dude, you need to start using the search function.

ElektroDragon
10-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Dude, you need to start using the search function.

I look at all pages of topics and see nothing on the subject. Sheesh. And I just searched this forum for human and got my thread and a thread mentioning Too Human as the results. So don't be a jerk and just answer.

Strid
10-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Aside from what has already been mentioned, you can later trade non-consumed humanity for covenant points and items. The higher your consumed humanity count, the better chances you have of receiving items from defeated enemies. It also grants bonuses to defense and offense in various ways, though this is more prominent later on and with certain items.

IDiivil
10-05-2011, 07:24 AM
I look at all pages of topics and see nothing on the subject. Sheesh. And I just searched this forum for human and got my thread and a thread mentioning Too Human as the results. So don't be a jerk and just answer.

I was being not a jerk and answered your previous one, but there is a thread titled about humanity somewhere on this page, and this is the second thread I saw you make today that's already been answered.

locoloco
10-05-2011, 08:22 AM
the above mentioned thread actually answers none of the posters questions, so there's no reason he shouldn't have started this one.

IDiivil
10-05-2011, 12:29 PM
My bad. I've been on these forums for this game so much with so little sleep, I thought the question about humanity in the "Deaths in Dark Soul" thread were posed in the actual "Humanity" thread. Someone ended up going off topic in the former, and it was discussed there.

I apologize.

Copy pasting the info (what is the point of being human/having humanity?) for you now:

"Actually there is. As IDiivil said you get more souls (I noticed this as well) and the more humanity you have at any given time which is shown by the number in the upper left corner, the more luck you get, which means more item drops.

There's also of course some negatives to it, such as you can be invaded by other players. But the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Here's some more details on the humanity and whatnot http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Humanity"
Originally posted by IISYNII Raid3n (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=164610)