PDA

View Full Version : Impressive!

DrBotany
10-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Played this for a couple of hours (in between GoW3 and Rage sessions) yesterday, and have to say that I am pleasantly surprised. Graphics and voice acting are top-notch and the combat is fluid. Wall-crawling (like in Shattered Dimensions) is a little "wonky", but a minor gripe to what is shaping up to be a great gaming experience. Bravo!

*Man, are there a lot of good games this fall or what! :Bounce:

daishichi
10-05-2011, 11:59 AM
I agree, really enjoying it. Played Act I last night, also went back to wrap up some challenges I missed. With the Hard Replay, Gold Medal challenges and the collectible cleanup, this will easily be 20+ hours of fun.

They did a smart thing allowing us to go straight to challenge points, rather than having to replay whole sections. The loading for restarts is quick too. I haven't explored replaying sessions though, assuming I can; I definitely missed a golden spider or two.

Loving the dialogue as well. A rough paraphrase of two favorite quotes so far:

Jameson: "They should make a musical about [Spider-Man]"
Parker: "I'd pay to see that!"

Parker: "If you want a Spider-man who does whatever you say, go play a video game"

Tyger7
10-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Would you guys think this will be easier than Shattered Dimensions for achievements? Less time consuming maybe?

I do hope so personally. Then again, the work I put into the guide made the game 3 times as long and tedious.

daishichi
10-05-2011, 01:24 PM
So far it feels like it will take longer and be a tougher 1000...but that may be because I don't have your guide for this one (yet). For Shattered Dimensions there were folks posting help on things like the hidden spiders from release day on, but so far it doesn't seem like a lot of people are playing EoT. Left on my own, I've missed four spiders* and at least one memo, so I'll have some replay to do.

Also, the challenges seem more...er, challenging. The requirements for gold are pretty unforgiving: just on the early sessions, the orb collecting and free-fall challenges allow practically no room for error.

The one change from SM: SD I don't like is the unlockable Hard level**, requiring a full second playthrough; I don't like being forced to repeat a game like that. Granted, getting Gold on all levels of SD was pretty much a forced replay, but at least they allowed you to skip a level.

Questions:

*Chapter Select is helpful for tracking Golden Spiders...but a message says that replaying a session will overwrite my save point. Guess I have to wait until I beat the game before going back?

**Anyone know if the Hard playthrough will be a "new game plus", as in you get to keep all your upgrades?

DrBotany
10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
I'm thinking along the same lines as daishichi on this one. The challenges are a bit more demanding, and "all gold medals" is going to be tough (I'll probably need steroids in order to medal...hope nobody is screening ; )

...and yes, until a guide is posted "all golden spiders" will be tricky.

Maybe it's just me, but this has got to be the highest-production value Spider-Man game to date. It is like playing a Pixar/Marvel comic book and the voice actors and their delivery of the dialogue has made me smile more times than I can count.

DOPE BOI
10-06-2011, 02:14 AM
I really am enjoying this game and I too had to stop playing Gears for this and then I had to stop playing this so I could go back.

There are so many great games out right now and ones that I have yet to start or finish. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed.

If you liked Shattered Dimensions, then you will like this.

CrustyDirtDemon
10-06-2011, 04:24 AM
The challenges are not hard, there is only one that should cause trouble, and thats the defeat 30 enemies with taking less than 20 hits. This one is tough, because nearly all the enemies have guns.

Either way I 1Kd it, and beat hard mode in under 5 hours, and did every challenge to GOLD standard in 3 hours, so IMO that would equal not really hard.

But maybe Im just a better gamer...lol JK

The game is EASY, just wait until you have all your upgrades to do your challenges, as they do really help, and also it would help just to play the game once through to get a good grasp on the game.

After beating it on HARD, no one should have ne issues with the challenges at least IMO!!!

Best of luck!

d4rk antares
10-06-2011, 08:11 AM
hi , did you have a good spot for the 200 combo ???

and wich attack did you use for it???

thanks!!!

Bajan Elite
10-06-2011, 06:04 PM
The presentation is awesome, I'm really enjoying the game so far. I'm just pissed at the lack of reviews in so far, what's taking so long? Only 6 on Metacritic, 3 positive and 3 mixed.

Bajan Elite
10-07-2011, 04:04 AM
Well the game certainly lost its luster after Act 1. The story was good and the Boss Battles were decent but the gameplay got repetitive, less combos than Shattered Dimensions. Even less web swinging required. Overall it just wasn't as fun for me, or as funny. 6.5/10

Gearsfanboy
10-16-2011, 01:54 AM
This was really enjoyable... this was a quick one afternoon game and there was about 70% completion i think i know i didnt do the challenges or find all the spiders but i managed the combos and so on so it was a nice game to kill a day with.