PDA

View Full Version : GameFly Rental

DoM cAbAn
07-25-2007, 02:51 AM
Alright, so I just started a GameFly account and have got the 2 game trial for $12.95 starting for the first month. I have already chosen to rent Harry Potter OOTP, but am having trouble deciding the second game to rent.

If anyone has any suggestions as to which game to rent, could you please post them here?

I am 14 years old, a jock, but even some games which I thought I wouldn't like have interested me.

If you want ideas about what games I like, there are the last 10 games which I have played in my signature which could help you decide on what games to suggest for me.

Thank you.

Shaaady Souljah
07-25-2007, 02:59 AM
a jock that plays harry potter, ehhh? :p

i have no suggestions for such a character. maybe shrek, as there are jocks in it and it has magic like harry potter. ;)

DoM cAbAn
07-25-2007, 03:07 AM
Well, I'm not obsessed with it or nothing like that. I just always liked it and enjoy reading the books, as do many others. I'll ignore that comment on Shrek. :mad:

mrsnugglesalot69
07-25-2007, 03:08 AM
try shadowrun or the darkness shadowruns muiliplayer is awsome and the darkness's single player rocks

Slormer
07-25-2007, 03:10 AM
I'd suggest Rainbow 6: Vegas. Unless you already have that, and I'm retarded.

DoM cAbAn
07-25-2007, 03:13 AM
I've heard good things about Shadowrun's online playing, but that's not all I'm looking for. I'm thinking about The Darkness as well.

I was never much of a fan of Tom Clancy games really, so I think I'll skip on Rainbow 6: Vegas, sorry.

Im a Manatee
07-25-2007, 03:13 AM
Have you tried burnout revenge?

DoM cAbAn
07-25-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm pretty sure I tried the demo of it and it just didn't seem like a game I'd like to play.

XeonMasta
07-25-2007, 03:19 AM
Take the darkness. No doubt.

Tremlos
07-25-2007, 03:22 AM
Transformers is a good one, also try Spiderman 3 if your a fan...its a so-so game.

XeonMasta
07-25-2007, 03:26 AM
Im a spiderman fan and i tryed it at a friends house and it sucked. :/

DoM cAbAn
07-25-2007, 03:26 AM
I tried it at a friend's house also, on the Wii, and didn't really like it.

DeW222
07-25-2007, 04:09 AM
If you want a really gritty single player game, you'll love the Darkness. If you want to go a bit retro, I noticed you don't have CoD2 on your games played list and if you liked 3 then you should love 2. Prey's also a pretty good some-what retro FPS. Another great retro pick is Hitman: Blood Money. If you don't like Tom Clancy games then that eliminates about a third of my library (GRAW I & II, R6:V, SC:DA). Hmm... o another good suggestion is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, really fun game.

RedBlinky
07-25-2007, 04:23 AM
you need to pick about 10 games to put on their so pretty much any game you ever though about maybe trying just throw it in your queue.... i dont know why i have 8 games in my queue and only 1 out yet they haven't sent me another one in 3 days... i sent two games back the same day... i've already gotten 1 new one and they just never sent me another one....

I just got NCAA Football 07 and it is good fun the option is fun to run and the game is far superior to Madden IMO....

theforcemonkey
07-25-2007, 04:35 AM
you need to pick about 10 games to put on their so pretty much any game you ever though about maybe trying just throw it in your queue.... i dont know why i have 8 games in my queue and only 1 out yet they haven't sent me another one in 3 days... i sent two games back the same day... i've already gotten 1 new one and they just never sent me another one....

I just got NCAA Football 07 and it is good fun the option is fun to run and the game is far superior to Madden IMO....

What he said. There are times when the game you want'll be on hold, but to get your money's worth, you really need to have a backup.

x McGrim x
07-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Try Tomb Raider, I was actually pretty surprised, I found it really good. Easy achievements too. What about Forza 2, are you in to racing games?

DoM cAbAn
07-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Yeah I guess that is true, I think I'll pick maybe 10 or so games to put on the list. Thanks everyone for your opinions. :)

VaRIABLE SoUL
07-25-2007, 06:32 AM
definitely get the Darkness, the demo alone proves it's an awesome game.

or try All Pro Football, i heard it's good and playing as Sanders or Elway is always tight.

Bud Brolington
07-25-2007, 07:20 AM
You might as well throw a whole bunch of games on the Q because of the low/medium availability a lot of 360 games have. Last game I got sent out was in the high teens/low 20s in mine. I have the Q filled up to 50, btw.

RedBlinky
07-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes, and dont be surprised if you put your game q with a lot of new games and then a game around number 11 that is old like say fuzion frenzy 2 and then it randomly skips your top 10 games and sends you one at the bottom of your list lol...
Gamefly just isn't for the casual gamer because you can't choose your games you just have to like to play ALOT of games haha.

Also I dont see Dead Rising on your list I haven't met anyone who hasn't had at least some fun with that game lol

DoM cAbAn
07-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Alright, I'm having Darkness shipped to me now, but I also have added a lot of what everyone suggested to me GameQ. Thank you for the help, and yes, I realize I have to stock up on games in my GameQ. :p

DoM cAbAn
07-25-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh, one more question I have: Is Rainbow Six: Vegas anything like G.R.A.W.? Because I played G.R.A.W. at a friends house and it totally sucked, so I wouldn't want to rent a game like that. But people seem to have good things to say about Rainbow Six: Vegas?

o0EVIL0o x360a
07-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Rainbow Six Vegas isn't a lot like GRAW at all. In fact it's at least twice as good. You've almost always got a squad with you and controlling them is quite a bit easier than on GRAW. I personally found Vegas to be one of my most rewarding experiences. I've played about 60 games in the past 6 months so I've tried a lot of what the 360 has to offer and Vegas is in the top 5 for best 360 games out.

EDIT: Oh and I find Overlord to be a very fun game as well!! And if you haven't tried Condemned: Criminal Origins, that game is F'n top notch as well.

teh x3nomorph
07-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Just a thought, Crackdown.

Its a fun game with a new kind of experience. I bet you would like it.

Oblivion is another good one. Before I played it I had never played an RPG, and for all intents and purposes, didn't want to. A friend forced me to try it, and I played non stop and beat the main game and the expansion set in about 9 days. I bet you would like Oblivion.

The 360 Dragon
07-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Yes, and dont be surprised if you put your game q with a lot of new games and then a game around number 11 that is old like say fuzion frenzy 2 and then it randomly skips your top 10 games and sends you one at the bottom of your list lol...
Gamefly just isn't for the casual gamer because you can't choose your games you just have to like to play ALOT of games haha.

Also I dont see Dead Rising on your list I haven't met anyone who hasn't had at least some fun with that game lol

ya what is up with that? it gave me the 11th pick on my list which was available right then and the ten before it were hogh availability, why does it do that?

Magooush
07-25-2007, 08:07 PM
I hear Need For Speed Most Wanted is pretty easy, plus I see you have played Need for Speed Carbon.

Conker Rules All
07-25-2007, 08:28 PM
also stock up on games like project sylpheed because it might not intest you now but once you start playing you'll love it

DoM cAbAn
07-26-2007, 01:23 AM
Everybody's suggestions will be kept in mind. :)

I have put Oblivion on my list of games to rent, and right after I post this, I will be putting Condemned: Criminal Origins on the list. Any more suggestions will be gladly accepted, but I think I have more than enough for now. :p

RedBlinky
07-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Pft i've had condemned on my list since i got gamefly several months ago good luck with that... i've also had the bigs, overlord, and 2k8 football since they came out lol...

Rainbow Six Vegas is a must buy game IMO this is probably my favorite online game of the 360 (and best online game of the year OXM). It's a very fun game and the single player isn't bad. GRAW was ok but Rainbow Six is completely different a new revamped covering system is twice what Graws was and commanding your squad is way more rewarding.

KewlBrettC
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
when you do get the darkness don't even bother playing online, it is so awful online with so much lag, even when i play 1 on 1

Mr Hey
07-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Rainbow Six: Vegas is a great game, even if you have never liked Tom Clancy games. IMO I had a better time with GRAW 2, but I am the only one in the whole world who thinks its better :p
Guitar Hero II is great, but you can't really rent that from Gamefly...
DiRT is an awesome game as well; the graphics and the speed is pretty overwhelming.
Pro Football's graphics are pretty icky, but is ok. I tried it at a friends house, but I dont necessarily reccomend it.
BioShock and Blue Dragon will be out by the end of this month.
Oblivion was a great choice, and you'll at least need to have it rented from GameFly to enjoy it, since it takes so much time.
Yes, The Darkness is pretty sweet, even though Jackie talking about himself during loading screens nearly killed me.
Homecourt can get boring easily, but there are some amazing stunts to pull of with it, the controls are some of the best, and the graphics are nice.

KewlBrettC
07-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Rainbow 6 Vegas IMO Is the worst of the rainbow six series and is inferior to Graw and Graw 2