PDA

View Full Version : AI are still stupid

Warren17
10-06-2011, 12:09 AM
EA. How come the AI are still stupid in the game? Last year they were brain dead stupid retards. This game they're just brain dead retards. Yes, they're a bit better. They still move away from the puck, pass no where near you, don't board play when need to. Though goalies are yes better, but they still don't play their angles, cover the puck when needed, give the puck to the other team or go for some stupid cover, missing it, resulting in a goal. Did anything really improve from NHL 11? Does EA even care about hockey?

Bud20078
10-06-2011, 04:44 AM
EA. How come the AI are still stupid in the game? Last year they were brain dead stupid retards. This game they're just brain dead retards. Yes, they're a bit better. They still move away from the puck, pass no where near you, don't board play when need to. Though goalies are yes better, but they still don't play their angles, cover the puck when needed, give the puck to the other team or go for some stupid cover, missing it, resulting in a goal. Did anything really improve from NHL 11? Does EA even care about hockey?

The AI are retarded. I was doing my CHL Be A Pro this afternoon & as I was skating up ice to the other teams zone, my "team mates" would cut right in front of me to where I couldnt move or skate. Or, you could be in the wide open with no one around you & they wouldnt pass it to you, they would pass it to someone that was completly covered by the other team. I just sit here & shake my head.

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-06-2011, 08:53 PM
i agree the cpu players are just terrible. i'd like to see the AI improve. every year people say how great it is. i beg to differ. its getting worse not better. the goalis & defenseman do dumb things not even a 6yr old would do. theres no fundamentals. its like every player & goalie are the same.

lots of things need to be patched in this game. online,HUT,BAP, heck what does work!?

Warren17
10-06-2011, 10:22 PM
i agree the cpu players are just terrible. i'd like to see the AI improve. every year people say how great it is. i beg to differ. its getting worse not better. the goalis & defenseman do dumb things not even a 6yr old would do. theres no fundamentals. its like every player & goalie are the same.

lots of things need to be patched in this game. online,HUT,BAP, heck what does work!?

I wanna know what EA really improved on. The improved on some things and bombed on other things. Checking is dumb now. Half of the attributes do nothing. How is a 6'5 250 pound guy faster than a 5'11 190 pound guy? Poke checking is still random. Penalties are inaccurate as ever, and their servers are as worse than ever.

Lyrical707
10-13-2011, 04:51 AM
computer cant pass for nothing
5 foot nothing guys can knock around 6 foot 5 defenseman like rag dolls
goalies still suck
the announcers are annoying
computer players skate away from the puck
DID I MENTION THE COMPUTER CANT PASS FOR NOTHING lol
ok i dont usually gripe about games but this is just getting boring its the same as the last 2 imo they just added goalie interactions and shattered glass
all i want is for EA to sit down and fix the real true problems with this game
if the computer has space and im wide open for a pass when i call for it why does the puck end up on the other teams stick 9 times out of 10
and whats even worse some teams i play against have smart AI with great passes

AlmightyZing
10-13-2011, 06:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyaCOOffnx0&feature=related (http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 DNyaCOOffnx0%26feature%3Drelated&h=JAQAJAIrKAQD3jhuU-DkNG9CeCeu7zhG4Ght5y2dqhj0_oA)

I found this video very helpful. It gives plenty of suggestions for dealing with dumb AI and how to react to their stupidity. First few games following these strategies have been relatively stress-free.