Are All The "Ranked" Players Like This?

CrownlessKing

Alright folks, more stories. Hooray?

So I had a couple of games of TDM left to do to get my bronze for it. Now I join a quick match, enjoy it, and then the next game my side starts losing something fierce. Then I check out the leaderboard, and everyone on my side is a bot. Lovely.

I've run into this situation before and it bugs me, because I end up losing most of the time due to stupid bots. So I figure, why not try a ranked match? I had a sour experience with a couple in Gears 2, but I thought this might be different.

Keep in mind, I'm not really that good at Gears. I'm ok at it, but my K/D ratio is 0.4 (not that I care about a K/D ratio mind you). I figure it'd be good to knock out a couple of games where I know there will be actual people and not bots on my side.

So, in the match, the players are good. Not that much better then anyone else I play with, except for this one guy. I won't say his GT because I know you're not allowed to do so on here. Needless to say he's pretty good, over three rounds he got like 17 kills I think? Me? Well I think I had like, 3 kills, I got killed like 13 times over three rounds with like maybe 2 downs and 1 revive, or something. Not that I wasn't trying mind you.

I didn't have my headset in but I saw this guy was saying stuff, but I didn't really care. Then he sends me a message. I believe his exact wording was: "Thanks for sucking so much dick in that match faggot." I send a reply back to him, saying that I apologized to him, the apparent King of all that is Gears of War, that I wasn't that good and that I tried. I then told him to fuck off.

I then sent him a second message, basically telling him that it takes a 'real big man' to send a vulgar voice message over X-Box Live and that he wouldn't have the balls to talk like that to me face to face. I then marked him as avoided, and filed a complaint against him for a vulgar message. I've never had to file a complaint against anyone before but in this case I think it was justified. Also muted him, but not before he sent me another message telling me to go back to quick match mode.

I don't know if there's some kind of unwritten rule that says the noobs have to go to Quick Match mode or something? I only played Gears 2 MP for a few months after I bought it....earlier this year. But I just wanted a match with real people, and I wanted to be able to vote on the map instead of having Gridlock come up every second match.

So, that brings me to the topic question. Are all the ranked players like this? Elitist pricks who get pissy if someone does badly? I hope they aren't. Regardless I think I'll avoid the "Ranked Match" option from now on. But as a message to you guys, please. Not everyone is a gamer with OMG L33T AW3S0M3 SK1llS like you are. Please, try to treat people with respect.

Okay, I'm done. Thanks for reading if you bothered to.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS a matter of fact yes if you are a noob then don't go to ranked. People who play in ranked typically want to play with good players and they get pissy if you can't go positive. It's stupid I know but that's kind of the way it is. If I were you I would not touch ranked unless you had a few guys to play with.

Ya, not to be mean or elitist as you say. But when I join a ranked match its because I'm looking for a higher grade of competition. I don't scream at people but it does piss me off when my teammates are unable to hold there own. Get your skills up in quick match a little if you really care to get better, otherwise just avoid ranked match entirely.

its RANKED, it have stats and its for competitive matches.

if ur not good, no, ur place aint in ranked match, thats what quick match is for.

as simple as that.

Uh, quick match has stats and has competitive matches as well. I guess it's simple? The game doesn't really tell you. All the game tells you is that the game doesn't start until there's a full list of players, which is what I was looking for. But I got the point now.

Just ignore, avoid and file complaint. There is no need to send msgs once the games done telling you that you lost badly

Don't you mean there's no need to send messages once a player has told you that you lost badly?

Now see, you guys were polite about it. That's fine, I understand it. This guy calling me out like he's some big Gears of War hotshot because I lost. Like I said, I tried. I shot at others, and I guess they hit me more often then I hit them.

I'm glad to see that not all the ranked players are like that though.

Uh, quick match has stats and has competitive matches as well. I guess it's simple? The game doesn't really tell you. All the game tells you is that the game doesn't start until there's a full list of players, which is what I was looking for. But I got the point now.

Don't you mean there's no need to send messages once a player has told you that you lost badly?

Now see, you guys were polite about it. That's fine, I understand it. This guy calling me out like he's some big Gears of War hotshot because I lost. Like I said, I tried. I shot at others, and I guess they hit me more often then I hit them.

I'm glad to see that not all the ranked players are like that though.

Nah I meant there is no need for him to send taunting msgs to you as you probably didn't care either way. Like you said you don't care about k/d like me. He was just being a douche

Seriously if you suck don't play ranked.

Put it this way, in your favorite game (CoD, Halo, whatever) how would you feel is someone joined ranked or hardcore TDM and went 3 and 13? It would probably be the reason you lost the game.

Quick match is for the "its just a game everyone should have fun" people and ranked is for "win at all costs" players. Other wise there would just be versus, no quick or ranked.

Honestly positive or close to it won't be too bad, but when you're -10 like that you can expect to get flamed in ANY game you are playing, not just gears. Plus you don't have a headset. People who come to play "team" games without headsets is my biggest pet peeve. How are you supposed to work as a team ? Spot people? Lol

I'm not trying to insult you in anything I've said. I'm trying to provide a perspective and I think we've all been there - been the leader on the losing team to find some noob cost you the match, as well as being the noob that cost the match. The insults come quickly and it happens on any first person shooter on xbox, ps3, pc etc.

I have yet to hear someone say "Thats ok mate we'll get them next time"

I don't know why people bother playing ranked these days anyway. I only played ranked on Gears 1 because seriously 1.0 was tied to ranked games, but I can't see the need to do it on Gears 3.

I'm not convinced ranked is where all the big dicks hang out as there are good and bad players on both ranked and quick match games. But ranked or not, I think the situation the OP found themselves in is down to the fact that xbox LIVE, the internet, the world ate full of cocks. =(

Seriously if you suck don't play ranked.

Put it this way, in your favorite game (CoD, Halo, whatever) how would you feel is someone joined ranked or hardcore TDM and went 3 and 13? It would probably be the reason you lost the game.

Quick match is for the "its just a game everyone should have fun" people and ranked is for "win at all costs" players. Other wise there would just be versus, no quick or ranked.

Honestly positive or close to it won't be too bad, but when you're -10 like that you can expect to get flamed in ANY game you are playing, not just gears. Plus you don't have a headset. People who come to play "team" games without headsets is my biggest pet peeve. How are you supposed to work as a team ? Spot people? Lol

I'm not trying to insult you in anything I've said. I'm trying to provide a perspective and I think we've all been there - been the leader on the losing team to find some noob cost you the match, as well as being the noob that cost the match. The insults come quickly and it happens on any first person shooter on xbox, ps3, pc etc.

I have yet to hear someone say "Thats ok mate we'll get them next time"

This will then be the first game I've ever seen to where people care about winning. It's all about personal kills and such. Most people only consider a K/D important, and especially on CoD (which I play avidly) have I ever cared about losing. It's a game. You play it.

To the original poster. Play whatever you like. Ranked or quick match and who the fuck are these so called 'pros' telling you it's not your place to play in ranked.

As far as i'm concerned you paid the same 50 bucks as they did so you can do what the fuck you like.

If you do suck in ranked so what? laugh in their faces and tell them you owned like a boss regardless on how you did. Taunt them back and speak over them. pretend to be a douche and piss them off even more.

Ranked just means there's players in the match all the time and it's 1 game before you have to seach again

Quick match lets you stay in the match and people drop in and out occasionally replaced by bots. ( you get the same points as ranked faster)

This is exactly the reason why I have my account set up to only receive messages from people on my friend's list, as well as have my voice control set up to play through the headset only. Since I'm ALWAYS in an Xbox Live party the in game chat does not play through my TV, and I never hear the voice of anyone I don't want to hear. The end result: I don't hear pricks talking shit and I don't get mad over "l337 g4m3r5."

I used to get streams of messages on MW2 for apparent camping, and how it was funny that whenever I would get killed they would then camp in the same spot.

I get at least 3 messages a day for using the sawed off and how people need to get better, it happens, that's Xbox Live, I understand your frustration though playing with a full team of bot's, when you have 2 deaths and the bots have 18 between them and no kills, but my experience with ranked matches has always been bad.

We'll be beating people and then they will just camp up and cross lancer anyone stupid enough to go near them, which more often than not is the rest of the team, stick with quick match. If you get a team of bots, try and get the best K/D ratio you can then hope for a better team next game, or leave before the next game starts.

Last time it happened to me was in the Beta from a team-mate for "Kill-stealing"!!! Been all good on Gears 3 so far.

Noob or not you should be able to go into a ranked game and enjoy yourself without getting abuse. If a team loses its not just the noobs fault - seeing as its a team game and all that.

Abusive messages or chat should get the sender an instant one-month XBox live ban, period. One-week maybe would be fairer. I have no idea why MS lets people get away with it.

It can be a real pain having someone on the team who is doing badly. However if the person in question is clearly trying his/her best then that is all they can really do.

As mentioned earlier in this thread we have all paid for this game and should therefore get to play whichever mode we feel like. Hearing that ranked is for "pro" gamers only is just pathetic. In my experience the thing "pro" gamers care about is their k/d ratio. Even if the team lost badly they would still be able to end up with more kills then deaths. There is simply no need to send vile messages to beginners (or anyone else for that matter).

Something that these badmouthing players should try and remember is also the little fact that this is just a game. Yes, it is a great game and one that you can get good at but that doesn't really change anything. :)

I agree; it's not on. Why should people take abuse for having a bad game? Even the best players can have a bad few games. The OP sounded at least like he was trying to play properly, which is all that should really matter.

My experience is that you GT abuse when you have a bad game, and if you kick someone's ass you get a abuse for it too.

Never forget a message I got on MOH where I had a really good game and K/D ratio was about +20 or something and I got all sorts of messages calling me a spawn camper. The funny thing was the whole other team were snipers, so I infaltrated their base with silencer equipped and went around killing everyone. Is it my fault that their entire team were camping snipers? No, I just saw their game plan and adjusted mine accordingly. A lot of ppl on live are complete dicks.

This will then be the first game I've ever seen to where people care about winning. It's all about personal kills and such. Most people only consider a K/D important, and especially on CoD (which I play avidly) have I ever cared about losing. It's a game. You play it.

Maybe its all the end of game slurs brainwashing the players to win "Do my eyes deceive me? Did I really just see the Locust hand you your collective asses?!?!"

Lol I don't know. Most of the people I play cod with care a lot about winning