PDA

View Full Version : Is this game first person view from cockpit only?

kingdomcome84
10-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Still waiting on that racing sim that gives ALL PLAYERS cockpit view as the only option during gameplay

Mette
10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
No, it is not.
But as far as I know, you can force cockpit view in multiplayer in Forza 3 if you create your own lobby, so I guess it will be the same in Forza 4.

RYARNI
10-06-2011, 12:24 PM
I pity the company that makes that game. What a dreadful idea.

SuperSkyline89
10-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Still waiting on that racing sim that gives ALL PLAYERS cockpit view as the only option during gameplay

Games are about freedom, a game that forces people to play in one way is a game that's shouldn't exist.

IEvil IMonkey
10-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Games are about freedom, a game that forces people to play in one way is a game that's shouldn't exist.

In a game like Forza were they've spent 100s if not 1000s of hrs perfecting the look of the cars it'd be crazy to be stuck looking at just their interiors :woop:

Teh BeZ
10-06-2011, 04:48 PM
A lot of people I know cant use the 1st person camera, I imagine there are many more people like them and I imagine that the game would loose a chunk of it's demographic if it forced 1st person.

elsnoggler
10-06-2011, 07:43 PM

You can force it in a multiplayer lobby if you'd like. The notion of a game like Forza forcing everyone into a cockpit-only view for the entire game is terrible, even if it is my favourite. I know a lot of people who can't really develop a proper perspective of the dimensions of the car they're racing, so they use a chase cam.

Evil Epyon
10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
I find driving in the first-person view in racing games is so difficult for me. They are still missing so much of the experience of actually driving a car, the feeling of Gs on the car as its turning or braking, for instance, are important feedback for drivers. The quick look over the shoulder, which is very obtrusive in most racing games, and the quick rv mirror check are so important as well. Shooters its ok to feel detached but in racing I think you need more feedback to be really successful and we aren't their yet.

H2O
10-07-2011, 07:22 AM
While i generally like the in cockpit view i find it easier to hit my apexes in forza using the bonnet cam. Also some of the r1 cars have an awful field of view from the cockpit.

In reality real driving is somewhere in between the two cams due to the way our eyes focus. While watching the road in real life the whole cockpit is not as focused and intrusive as it is in computer games.

So if we were limited to cockpit only i'd be far less likely to buy the game.

Renouf100
10-07-2011, 11:25 AM
got to admit I hate using the incar cam's I always use the far out higher cam for a better view of the roads ahead, if I was stuck incar I really dont think I would play it and thats saying something as I love the Forza franchise :woop:

SuperSkyline89
10-07-2011, 01:35 PM
While i generally like the in cockpit view i find it easier to hit my apexes in forza using the bonnet cam. Also some of the r1 cars have an awful field of view from the cockpit.

Very true. I'm fine using the cockpit view with normal street cars because well, I drive real cars so I'm used to having that amount of visibility while driving.

Most of the race cars though have such low windshields and roll cages blocking more view. Plus just the sheer amount of speed in a race car makes me slightly nervous using cockpit view.

I'm going to try using the cockpit view more often this time just because I want a bit more of a realistic experience. But I still want the option of having the other views, mostly the bumper and hood cams, especially on the tighter tracks.

T3z
10-08-2011, 04:39 PM
most pros use the chase near cam, its just too dificult to see around you from a cockpit in a video game. you need to see where people are when you're racing bumper to bumper at 150+ mph

master_shake_350
10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
most pros use the chase near cam

What???? There is a Pro Forza Circuit?

WoH Jabba81
10-10-2011, 10:38 AM

??? where how what ???

T3z
10-10-2011, 02:17 PM

pros as in, people who are top on the leaderboards.

H2O
10-10-2011, 02:47 PM
pros as in, people who are top on the leaderboards.

ahhh, you mean hackers. :p

jk.

But seriously, some of the top leaderboards times are pretty unbelievable. Especially on the F4 demo rivals mode.

i'm in the top 14% on one of the traffic ones and yet the top times are something like 14 seconds faster than me! :eek:

It's obviously possible but i really don't see how with that much traffic... :confused: