PDA

View Full Version : Forza 4 demo vs Forza 3

Direwolf 80
10-06-2011, 10:24 AM
I am not sure if it is me or the game, but i am not blown away by the forza 4 demo like i was with forza 3. Don't get me wrong, everything looks great, but the demo doesn't feel as amazing as forza 3. Does anyone has the same feeling?

Vigor
10-06-2011, 11:00 AM
F4 has a less spectacular feeling to its camera angles.
The sound is dull and has no raw power.

Renouf100
10-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Just going on the demo ( only played for 20 mins ) and i'm well happy with it it's moved on as games do but it feels more realistic with really nice weight transfer and over and understeer working well,

not sure about the AI cars again as they have no space awareness at all and they do brake going round bends now and again ( not as bad as GT5 thou ) my first go I used the Subaru and stuck it on medium I was 33 seconds ahead of 2nd place which was worrying as i didnt even know the track !! but I stuck it on Pro and won after my 2nd atempt but only 3 seconds ahead this games going to keep me busy during winter :woop:

GordonRonco
10-07-2011, 09:14 PM
i definitely wasnt blown away at first, but after playing for about 30min it really grew on me. the handling definitely is more realistic and takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do it is actually very intuitive (putting steering on sim helps a lot). the graphics are where im let down. i know its a very limited demo, but the collision damage just looks shite and everything looks glitchy in my rear view mirror.

speaking of which, i hope they dont keep Y as the rewind button. i messed up so many hot laps trying to look behind me

SuperSkyline89
10-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Pretty much every previous Forza disappointed me with the difficulty levels. I would slaughter everyone by so much on Medium that it was boring, but on Hard I could never do well. I just did the Mercury Cougar race on Hard and I absolutely loved it. It took me the full two laps to get all the way into first place. I haven't tried Professional yet but I think on longer races where I have more time it'll be the perfect one.

The sound is dull and has no raw power.

Though I agree there's a very good reason for that. The demo doesn't have customizable audio like the game will. It's not that the cars don't sound good, it's that the sound effects and music are equally loud in the demo.

speaking of which, i hope they dont keep Y as the rewind button. i messed up so many hot laps trying to look behind me

I'm hoping they have customizable control schemes in the full game. I can't remember if 3 had that but I really don't like Y for rewind.

T3z
10-08-2011, 04:44 PM
the demo is great, the rwd cars are actually usable, and the sense of speed is amazing. over 150 are the screen starts to shake

T3z
10-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Pretty much every previous Forza disappointed me with the difficulty levels. I would slaughter everyone by so much on Medium that it was boring, but on Hard I could never do well. I just did the Mercury Cougar race on Hard and I absolutely loved it. It took me the full two laps to get all the way into first place. I haven't tried Professional yet but I think on longer races where I have more time it'll be the perfect one.

Though I agree there's a very good reason for that. The demo doesn't have customizable audio like the game will. It's not that the cars don't sound good, it's that the sound effects and music are equally loud in the demo.

I'm hoping they have customizable control schemes in the full game. I can't remember if 3 had that but I really don't like Y for rewind.

The proffessional imo are still far too easy, with the speed boost you get from using man+clutch, im past all of em halfway through lap 1....

In fm3 you couldn't change controls how you wanted them, you had to use preset control setups, hopefully in fm4 the A button for clutching will return, or im screwed. LB for clutch is so awkward...

SuperSkyline89
10-08-2011, 05:25 PM
The proffessional imo are still far too easy, with the speed boost you get from using man+clutch, im past all of em halfway through lap 1....

What's this speed boost? I've never tried manual w/ clutch before.

I've done a few races with just manual on my wheel but at this point the only car I can keep on the track with the wheel is the STi so I have bigger issues. I just got the wheel last night and it's totally butchering my ability to race since I'm so used to a controller.

I've can't handle the RWD cars with a wheel at all, at least not on this track, I keep spinning out. The Cougar has such an ancient suspension and 458 is just too powerful. It might be easier on a real track with less elevation change but I need a hell of a lot of practice.

TwistedFate
10-08-2011, 06:31 PM
I've done a few races with just manual on my wheel but at this point the only car I can keep on the track with the wheel is the STi so I have bigger issues. I just got the wheel last night and it's totally butchering my ability to race since I'm so used to a controller.

It will come quick actually. Switching to a wheel kills most peoples ability more than they think it will, but you adjust quick.