PDA

View Full Version : Review just in - 9.5/10

mgorsi
10-06-2011, 03:44 PM
IGN did its review. don't know why it didn't get 10/10. But its very deep, and a 3 page read. it cover everything.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1198556p1.html

TwistedFate
10-06-2011, 05:14 PM
It didn't get a 10 because somebody at MS didn't put enough zeros on the check to IGN. Professional review sites suck.

Thanks for the link, I always read them but take them with a grain of salt as most "professional" reviews are just paid advertisements nowadays.

red_hammer
10-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Thanks for posting!
Was a bit disappointed when I read the review of a german website rating it only 83 (FM3 was 92).
They wrote FM4 was more of a ode to the cars and the people who love cars - not a real racing game.
And they also stated the AI would be too easy in career mode since you can't change the difficulty-level. IGN isn't writing anything - they just write AI would be dynamic in career. :/

Well... we'll have to see, hm?

SuperSkyline89
10-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the link, I always read them but take them with a grain of salt as most "professional" reviews are just paid advertisements nowadays.

I just read reviews to see what kind of features a game has, all the big name ones get good scores anyway.

Evil Epyon
10-06-2011, 06:33 PM
It didn't get a 10 because somebody at MS didn't put enough zeros on the check to IGN. Professional review sites suck.

I think that it sort of sad that most reviews tend to be correlated to hype or some sort of monetary gain now. It seems like a lot of sites just blow sunshine up games butts and then drop in like one minor neg detail so it doesn't seem like an ad. While it might not be the best example Too Human got abysmal reviews but had some very fun gameplay mechanics that it never got credit for.

Nighthawk1024
10-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Kinect integration made it lose the .5 points

Evil Epyon
10-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Kinect integration made it lose the .5 points

Ah ha I knew it, Kinect is such a jerk like that

Edit: Destructoid review is in as well 10/10

http://www.destructoid.com/review-forza-motorsport-4-213062.phtml