The new achievements!

elephantd

Sorry if a thread was made on this, but i didn't see one.

• The Host With the Most – 25 gamer score. Host 5 players privately in Horde on 1 of the new DLC maps.
  • Places to See, People to Destroy – 25 gamer score. Host 5 players privately in Beast on 1 of the new DLC maps.
  • What Does This Button Do? – 50 gamer score. Raise the Silverback to its rocket upgrade and get 500 kills with the rockets to earn this achievement.
  • It’s Hammer Time – 50 gamer score. Upgrade the Command Post to its 4th level and unlock the Hammer of Dawn fortification upgrade.
  • Kill Locust Like A Boss – 100 gamer score. Go into any boss wave with all 5 members of your party as Onyx Guard characters and beat it on Hardcore difficulty.

My opinion: WHAT A CROC OF SHIT. I do like the Onyx Guard achievement though. Besides that it feels like the developers took zero hours out of the day to think of these.

If anyone wants to rally and do these you know my gt! haha

My opinions in bold:

The Host With the Most – 25 gamer score. Host 5 players privately in Horde on 1 of the new DLC maps.

Okay. Lots of people playing, lot's of friends who have it. No problem.

Places to See, People to Destroy – 25 gamer score. Host 5 players privately in Beast on 1 of the new DLC maps.

Same as the first one.

What Does This Button Do? – 50 gamer score. Raise the Silverback to its rocket upgrade and get 500 kills with the rockets to earn this achievement.

What. the. hell. Why? It's already so difficult to upgrade it once, I haven't gotten it even a tenth of the way upgraded. Let alone 500 kills with ROCKETS? Wtf I never used them in the campaign. Plus, the Silverback SUCKS!

It’s Hammer Time – 50 gamer score. Upgrade the Command Post to its 4th level and unlock the Hammer of Dawn fortification upgrade.

Meh. Probably will take a while but not as long as the stupid Silverback one.

Kill Locust Like A Boss – 100 gamer score. Go into any boss wave with all 5 members of your party as Onyx Guard characters and beat it on Hardcore difficulty.

This will be EASY and FUN. I love the Onyx Guards, they look so legit. It will feel like we're the COG in Beast mode! Mutators on Wave 10 will make this a piece of piss.

Who have EPIC hired that loves high numbers?

500 kills is quite a lot for the Silverback. As well as that, why 500? Also, the title makes no sense when you look at the amount of kills; "What does this button do?". Well, after you've pressed it the first time, you have a pretty rough idea of what it does. Asking the same question 500 times isn't logical at all.

This is GoW, not Dexter's Laboratory!

Anyway, I like the "Like a Boss" achievement. :p

Does everyone see a trend here? Horde, Horde, Horde... always Horde. Mix it up Epic! Most DLC achievements in Gears of War 2 were about Horde, and it seems to be the case again.

Plus, I hate Horde.

To be fair, it is called the "Horde Command Pack" - I'm sure the other three will focus on aspects of Beast, MP and Campaign and will have achievements accordingly.

Anyway, this is indeed being discussed already in the sub-forum:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2442