PDA

View Full Version : Where's the cheevo guide and roadmap?

SK8BT
10-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Why no love for Spidey? Hell even X-Men: Destiny got a guide the day after it came out, lol.

snake42069
10-06-2011, 11:51 PM
maybe cuz its a disappointment compared to its predecessor (shattered dimensions).

SK8BT
10-07-2011, 12:59 AM
Gameplay aside, I rather liked the storyline.

Tyger7
10-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Well, I rushed the Destiny guide.

I am deep into a Rage collectible guide, as well as tidying up the Destiny guide or else I'd totally web swing right in to a spider man guide again (like shattered dimensions). If no one has done one (a good one) by the time I'm done with those othe guides, I will create one hopefully on par with my shattered dimensions one...though that one took hours and hours of my time. I'd probably make a more basic one for this.

Grey Delta
10-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Even a basic general roadmap would suffice. Holding off on renting this until then. Cheers Tyger :)

IISpiderII
10-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Aside from a collectable guide the achievements are very straight forward. Playing the game on normal unlocks 85%-90%. Finish up the web of challenges and then beat it on hard mode while collecting the last of any collectables you missed and your done.

daishichi
10-07-2011, 10:22 PM
I would like to know if anyone spots a good place to get the 200-hit combo. I'd guess one of the combat challenges would be a good spot to try it (so that you can immediately retry it), but a tip based on experience would be helpful.

Rapture639
10-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Based on just looking at the achievements. Does anyone know if you have to play through the game multiple times just to get the gold ratings? I mean, in Shattered Dimensions, it was pretty much impossible to get a platinum rating for all 3 categories (Collectibles, Combos, and Time) since focusing on one would hinder the other.

Also, is the game really as short as some of the reviewers claim it is? I guess it'll make things easier to go through when attempting to get the full 1000 but that's pretty disappointing.

Pakhair
10-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Loved Shattered Dimensions, I am really sad on the terrible reviews but I'm gonna give it a shot anyway. A roadmap would be great right now

Djax15
10-08-2011, 04:02 PM
I would like to know if anyone spots a good place to get the 200-hit combo. I'd guess one of the combat challenges would be a good spot to try it (so that you can immediately retry it), but a tip based on experience would be helpful.

hey, Im not sure which level it is, but it is the one where you(as 2099) have to protect the dna storage thing while its moving down a track to the center of the room. I got a 234 hit combo at the part where you are waiting for the percentage to get to 100%, and there are tons of those failed experiment things. You just have to make sure you obtain it before like 85% or so because it will do a quick cut and your combo will be ended. I never tried any other place because I just figured this was where i could get it because I got my 100 hit combo here previously. I hope this helps a little bit.

d4rk antares
10-08-2011, 09:52 PM
wich attack did you use ???

This be DMK
10-09-2011, 12:50 PM
I can confirm the 200 hit combo working there. I would single out a group of them and mash x and then when my stamina meter was full, unleash my energy clone and kill some more with the full (x) button combo then repeat. Best bet is to get it done before enemies that can throw projectiles show up though as early on they were always the ones to screw it up from me with a random bullet.

daishichi
10-09-2011, 03:28 PM
...when my stamina meter was full, unleash my energy clone and kill some more with the full (x) button combo...

You mean you distract with LT (Accelerated Decoy) and then hold down X for the Roundhouse Spin, right?

Just making sure you don't mean the LB+X move (I think it's called Pain Tornado), which requires a full Overdrive meter. I have found those overdrive moves pretty useless considering what it takes to earn a full meter, so I have not invested upgrade orbs into them.

JayShockblast
10-09-2011, 05:33 PM
I have hit multiple 50 and 100 hit combos and no achievement. WTF?

xx Zapp
10-10-2011, 06:13 AM
can someone explain the airborne assailer achievement, i only know two if the air attacks which is jump and x and jump and y. so what am i missing

cutchinz
10-10-2011, 06:38 AM
can someone explain the airborne assailer achievement, i only know two if the air attacks which is jump and x and jump and y. so what am i missing
You have to buy the one for the B button.

skeeter72
10-10-2011, 11:04 PM
I was searching for a walk thru and I found this one on the internet

http://www.cheatcc.com/xbox360/sg/spider_man_edge_of_time.txt

Like other people have already posted on this thread though, its a pretty straight forward game. Just a little time consuming on some of the challenges..

This be DMK
10-10-2011, 11:36 PM
You mean you distract with LT (Accelerated Decoy) and then hold down X for the Roundhouse Spin, right?

Just making sure you don't mean the LB+X move (I think it's called Pain Tornado), which requires a full Overdrive meter. I have found those overdrive moves pretty useless considering what it takes to earn a full meter, so I have not invested upgrade orbs into them.

Correct about the LT, but I didn't use the hold X button down move. I had level 3 Talons and used the 5 hit X button combo an repeated from the energy clone once it refilled. That way I was always moving and could get behind multiple enemies and hit them all at once, doubling the hit counter.

Tyger7
10-17-2011, 08:14 AM
I started a guide, very minor so far. I have had the game but dedicated 10 days into rage and building the collectible guide for that (pictures and all). Therefore this was on the back burner for me.

I have now started it and will possibly be at a semi steady pace. The new Batman game does come out, and if no one makes a guide (a good one at least) then I might dedicate my time to that instead, as there might be more need for it. This game may be challenging, but the achievements are very straight forward. Even the collectibles are easy enough to find by yourself.

surreal_82
10-17-2011, 08:30 AM
got 173 on the dna tank last night, best tactic as previously said use accel vision and do a few attacks the the roundhouse one, try and hit large groups with the roundhouse and will go up really quickly, or use the web pull move fully leveled as causes damage to the others in the vacinity as you pull to them

daishichi
10-17-2011, 12:30 PM
I should be finishing EoT today (just in time for Batman). Having done Act 1 on hard last night, I realize how much easier the combat has become, partly due to upgrades but mostly due to having learned what works.

I might suggest for the guide that you direct folks to invest their blue orbs into the Web Zip / Decoy Pull move (RB button). I've learned to use it non-stop; it puts a stop to shielded and shooting enemies, knocks those jetpack guys out of the sky, and, when maxed out, damages a significant number of enemies at once. Also the best way to deal with those flame-spitters whop teleport away from you when you get close.

Also get those web shots (B button) maxed out. They're a great way to keep a few guys from shooting your back while you work on their buddies, also works on the flyers, and 4-5 shots will bring a big enemy to his knees for several seconds. The Crashers and big bots who do stomp attacks end up being some of the easiest enemies due to this.

As for where to spend the Golden Spiders, I initially put them toward health first as I usually do, but once I had the Stamina meter maxed I realized how huge a help it is. I can safely slap LT for some Hyper-Sense / Decoy time nearly every time an attack is coming at me. One thing to point out, which is less than obvious at first, is that you can hit LT again to turn it off and preserve some of your meter...though when maxed, it rebuilds so quickly that if you take three steps away you'll have enough juice to use it again when you take three steps back.

That currency comes slow in the main game, but if you complete challenges as you go you'll get a Golden Spider for each.

I found the Grab and Aerial moves pretty pointless (had to make a conscious effort last night to get the "three of each" achievements), and I have never once used the Overdrive moves, mostly because I'm constantly using up the Hyper-Sense / Decoy meter.

I agree that the collectibles are mostly straightforward considering that you get a flashing spider when near one, but a few are tricky: the natural path won't bring you close enough to detect it, or the path to it is well hidden. I found this link (http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2011/10/04/spider-man-edge-of-time-golden-spiders-locations-guide-xbox-360-ps3-wii.htm#chapter2) last night; it's still incomplete (12 of 16 chapters right now), but this other search result (http://www.gamefront.com/spider-man-edge-of-time-golden-spider-locations/) has terrible descriptions. Give it a few days and I'm sure there will be some decent video guides out there.

Spiders also come through clearing rooms of enemies, and at least once I had an enemy stuck in a wall or something preventing completion. Might point out that a Restart is in order when you see that.

daishichi
10-17-2011, 12:49 PM
got 173 on the dna tank last night, best tactic as previously said use accel vision and do a few attacks the the roundhouse one, try and hit large groups with the roundhouse and will go up really quickly, or use the web pull move fully leveled as causes damage to the others in the vacinity as you pull to them

I found the roundhouse attack (hold X) too slow. I was mostly doing x,x,x,y,y which damages several enemies at once while still being quick and keeping you in one place. Also key was the RB Decoy Pull; early on you're in danger of having no one nearby to hit to keep the combo going.

The only real pain about using this spot (which is still the best) is the time limit; as Djax15 said, a cutscene at 85% completion ends the combo, and twice it cut me off at 195 or so. If your combo ever goes back to zero from the first enemy on, restart from the checkpoint.