PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition or standard?

Jasmx
10-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I need to pre-order my copy of forza 4, What Im not sure about is what version to get.
I have the Ltd edition copies of Forza 2 & 3 but with Forza 4 I feel there is no real reason to get it, all that extra money for the sake of 10 extra cars & a book.
Is there anything else I'm missing that is a bonus?

In Forza 3, I got Gift cars every so often with nice paint jobs and when there was a new DLC pack out I could get one of the new cars as a free sample, Mini Cooper Coupe for example, was these free to all or because I had the ltd edition?
Sounds like a stupid question but everyone I knew with Forza 3 had the ltd edition so didn't know any different.

A the moment I'm swaying towards the standard copy unless anyone can convince me otherwise.

:bow:

Evil Epyon
10-06-2011, 09:34 PM
If it helps any O.co had/has last i checked the LCE for 70+3 shipping so all of the extra cars cost a lot less in that respect. Otherwise you have the option of just buying it from somewhere that offers a DLC car and then sell the DLC car on ebay to pay for the upgrade. Of course, if the book and extra cars dont sway you then save the cash and pickup the regular game and play the crap out of it all the same.

SuperSkyline89
10-06-2011, 10:38 PM
The Limited Edition gets you more than 10 cars.

5 VIP cars:
- Veyron SS
- 458 Challenge
- LP570-4 Superleggera
- Noble M600
- RUF Rt 12

5 Ship Bonus Cars
- '65 Mustang
- Koenigsegg Agera
- '97 Lexus SC300
- RUF RGT-8
- Tesla Roadster

10 muscle cars (American Muscle Car Pack)
- '65 Pontiac GTO
- '68 Pontiac Firebird
- '70 Buick GSX
- '70 Dodge Cornet Super Bee
- '66 Chevrolet Nova SS
- '69 Shelby GT500 428CJ
- '71 Plymouth GTX 426 Hemi
- '67 Dodge Cornet W023
- '68 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
- '64 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt

5 Custom BMW Paintjobs
- M1
- 2010 M6
- E92 M3
- Z4 M Coupe
- 2012 M5

Then there's the book, the set of vinyl stickers, and VIP status in Forza

I'd say $10 for 25 cars is pretty good.

GordonRonco
10-07-2011, 09:29 PM
agreed. and if youre really on the fence about it, go take 3 games you dont play and trade them in. that should be $20 easy.

MxPx
10-07-2011, 09:34 PM
The Limited Edition gets you more than 10 cars.

What is "VIP Status"?

And how many of these cars are incapable of getting within the regular game? Like how many are pre-order DLC only?

SuperSkyline89
10-07-2011, 10:15 PM
What is "VIP Status"?

And how many of these cars are incapable of getting within the regular game? Like how many are pre-order DLC only?

Out of those 25 cars the 5 Ship Bonus ones might not be LE exclusive. I think those are for anyone who orders early, LE or normal. The 5 VIP cars are LE exclusive, they might be DLC at some point but you would have to pay to get them. The American Muscle Car Pack is the first DLC, anyone can get it but you get it as part of the LE so you don't have to pay for it directly. The BMW art contest cars are LE exclusive as far as I know.

As for VIP status, not really that sure. Turn 10 says it gets you "special recognition in the Forza community, leaderboards, forzamotorsport.net and more."

ChemicalRider
10-07-2011, 10:20 PM
Somone know if at launch day we will have opportunity to buy VIP status at XB Live Market for ms points? Like its atm with Forza 3 VIP status?

Mohegan13
10-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Somone know if at launch day we will have opportunity to buy VIP status at XB Live Market for ms points? Like its atm with Forza 3 VIP status?

You weren't able to with Forza 3, so no, I doubt you'll be able to with Forza 4.

The Forza 3 VIP didn't show up on the marketplace for a good 6 months after release. They put it up to help support Haiti, for any VIP bought through the marketplace T10 would donate $10 to save the children.

It's questionable whether VIP for forza 4 would be put on the marketplace at all this time.

DarkGodKeldon
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
I say go for the Limited Edition. The cost is easily made up by the contents. Can't wait for mine except Amazon didn't offer release date shipping with the Limited so I have to wait a bit cause I didn't feel like paying $10 for expedited shipping.

IEvil IMonkey
10-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Go on treat yourself to the LCE..... I dont get many of them but always do for Forza =)

jrenfro88
10-10-2011, 10:58 PM
Definitely get the LCE, the thing that makes it worth it to me is the exclusive cars you get, and the VIP status.

But good luck finding one online, a physical store would be your only option. BestBuy.com had to cancel peoples pre-orders due to demand, Gamestop.com stopped pre-orders a while back, and Amazon is completely out and some of their pre-orders are shipping late.

AA x driv3r
10-10-2011, 11:56 PM
I think if I were you, I'd get the LCE version of the game. Also, is anyone on this forum willing to all form a car club? We could see who truly is the best at Forza 4 on this site. Lol