PDA

View Full Version : black knight help?

NyCEE
10-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm after the tutorial level, in the citadel, and i went through a black knigth who's standin down some stairs in front of a chest... I tried a couple of times to defeat him, but he is defenitly over my actual level. If i leave him beahind, will i be albe to go back to him?

And there is any way to see a map or at least the name of the place where i am?

Lazy_Penguin1989
10-06-2011, 10:34 PM
He stays there till you kill him, and when you kill him he does not re-spawn so your good, plus just like Demons Souls there is no map you can look at in-game, your gonna have to memorize the layout of everything, unless you have the guide for the game or a map of the game on google etc.

AlanOC91
10-06-2011, 10:38 PM
And just to be clear yeah you can return later.
The game is VERY open world. You can really return anytime you wish.

NyCEE
10-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Ok, thanks to both of you. just to know, later in the game is there anything like a teleport?
ps: i can leave the the knight behind, but now i have to face the minotaur!

Lazy_Penguin1989
10-06-2011, 11:15 PM
There is an item you can use to teleport back to the last bonfire, there could be more of that, but I don't know myself, I don't remember demon's souls having such a thing, it looks to be the same, you have to travel mostly by foot even back tracking, but there are so many ways to go around so don't worry there are plenty of short cuts to be found.

PropaneTankHank
10-07-2011, 12:38 AM
There is an item you get later in the game that allows you to warp from different bonfires. Also, OP, if you get that knight to follow you into an open area and backstab him multiple times, he isn't that bad. However you can just kill him later on as well.

enzeru666
10-07-2011, 10:54 AM
As a sorceror I just hit him in the back with Soul Arrow, then back up to the ladder that leads up to the previously encountered fire bomb throwing guys, then I'd just blast him with a few Soul Arrows until he dropped dead, unable to reach me :)

Slane
10-07-2011, 01:16 PM
You might want to wait a bit before you kill him. He only spawns once per playthrough and drops a rare sword. If you are going for the rare weapon achievement i'd wait until you humanity is higher and you have the 'covetous gold serpent ring' to increase your item drop %.

SweetLouDiamond
10-07-2011, 01:56 PM
he's been owning me as well. i looked around & most people say to leave him for now & come back later, he'll be much easier. i think you want to get him out in the open a bit so that you can roll out of the way easier, but he's pretty quick & will chase you forever.

there's another on top of the tower above the dragon i believe. he basically decapitated me when i was trying to sneak up the stairs...