PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over.. *spoilers?*

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 03:12 AM
So I realized, there is NO OTHER MERCHANT EQUIVALENT TO THAT MERCHANT I KILLED.

I just decided it's best to start over, made a thief again for 2 reasons.

1. good stats/gear/masterkey

2. made it so I could choose the firebombs and take out the tut boss on the first try and get his hammer.

So I would like to know, what's the fastest way to beef up armor wise?

I just finished killing the spider boss on my main, yet to find decent gear besides the ninja suit and the awesome robes.

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 03:16 AM
lol I grabbed the ring that gave extra health in the beginning and then 20+ hours into it I realized it was such a small amount of health that I should have chosen something different. But the master key can be found cant it? I was afraid to take the master key so I didnt wander where the mobs were scary. Usually the game keeps you where you can handle things and I think the key just plays mind games with you and tries to destroy you by tempting you into shark infested waters.

I am very happy with my pyromancer starting class. The fireball comes in VERY handy and a lot of enemies seem to be very weak to it. Its long enough into the game when you free the pyromancer that gives you the thing to cast fireball that it makes it very much a good starting class. I didnt feel the stats were too bad even though I started at soul level 1. The fireball makes up for a lot.

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 03:19 AM
lol I grabbed the ring that gave extra health in the beginning and then 20+ hours into it I realized it was such a small amount of health that I should have chosen something different. But the master key can be found cant it? I was afraid to take the master key so I didnt wander where the mobs were scary. Usually the game keeps you where you can handle things and I think the key just plays mind games with you and tries to destroy you by tempted you into shark infested waters.

I am very happy with my pyromancer starting class. The fireball copes in VERY handy and a lot of enemies seem to be very weak to it.

hmmm... I agree, I made a pyro and gave him master key so I could get the shield that's by the undead dragon, and it also makes it easier to get outta the swamps after you take out the spider queen chick

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 03:22 AM
hmmm I didnt know about that shield or the undead dragon! lol Any idea which key actually opens the door? Im headed to blight town soon... is that the swamp? seems like the swamp area from demon souls. Although I do have a +5 spider shield I planned on taking there since it strong against poison.

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 03:27 AM
hmmm I didnt know about that shield or the undead dragon! lol Any idea which key actually opens the door? Im headed to blight town soon... is that the swamp? seems like the swamp area from demon souls. Although I do have a +5 spider shield I planned on taking there since it strong against poison.

keep that shield on at ALL TIMES while you're down there.

and yes, the swamp is connected the the blight... I do not like the blight at all :c so... should I play my pyromancer instead? D: this is a tough choice.

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 03:35 AM
hard for me to say since the pyromancer is my only character so far. I have found everything easy with him so far except that stupid Capra boss. Screw that thing. I have grinded A LOT though. Im just about to enter blight town and I am at least soul level 41 lol. I have the spider shield and zweihander at +5 and well as the armor from the gaping dragon slightly leveled.

Im expecting the worst from blight town from the swamp of demon souls. That swamp is really the only hard part of demons souls. So I made sure I +5'ed it before going.

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 03:37 AM
hard for me to say since the pyromancer is my only character so far. I have found everything easy with him so far except that stupid Capra boss. Screw that thing. I have grinded A LOT though. Im just about to enter blight town and I am at least soul level 41 lol. I have the spider shield and zweihander at +5 and well as the armor from the gaping dragon slightly leveled.

Im expecting the worst from blight town from the swamp of demon souls. That swamp is really the only hard part of demons souls. So I made sure I +5'ed it before going.

haha yeah.... and... armor? armor drops from gaping?!

ah nvm I know what you are talking about :P

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 03:39 AM
oh no sorry... the armor is laying in the same room as him. I picked it up during the fight to help with him. Its decent armor. Up until this point I have been wearing my starting armor.\

but he does drop a weapon if you cut his tail off.

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 03:43 AM
oh no sorry... the armor is laying in the same room as him. I picked it up during the fight to help with him. Its decent armor. Up until this point I have been wearing my starting armor.\

but he does drop a weapon if you cut his tail off.

yup yup I got that, the dragon king thing, so my real question now is, what should I use, my pyro or another thief. I kinda want to be dragonkin or totally evil. I think this new character I created will be evil, my pyro will join the white spider chick, and, if I ever get around to him, my main will be a dragon, I still don't know yet :c

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 03:47 AM
what makes your character evil? factions? I joined the way of the white but dont really have any clue how they affect your character. Can you join more than one? of will it be considered betrayal?

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 03:50 AM
what makes your character evil? factions? I joined the way of the white but dont really have any clue how they affect your character. Can you join more than one? of will it be considered betrayal?

oh man... I don't wanna ruin it for you... but this game is more or less diablo when it comes to factions. <3 it's amazing. there are 9 factions to choose from. each will change how you play the game.

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 03:51 AM
so does that mean 1 faction per play through? Also I joined the way of the white a long time ago but it doesnt seem to be doing anything... how do I advance in it?

PropaneTankHank
10-07-2011, 03:54 AM
so does that mean 1 faction per play through? Also I joined the way of the white a long time ago but it doesnt seem to be doing anything... how do I advance in it?

You can join a Covenant any time you come across one, however I'm not sure if you can re-join one you've left.

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 03:56 AM
You can join a Covenant any time you come across one, however I'm not sure if you can re-join one you've left.

right you can always leave one for the other BUT I'm not sure how it works if you want to re-join.

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 03:57 AM
so how do I continue with the way of the white? are there missions? what are the benefits of it?

PropaneTankHank
10-07-2011, 04:03 AM
so how do I continue with the way of the white? are there missions? what are the benefits of it?

I'm currently with the Forest covenant, but when I was running around Firelink Shrine I noticed a few NPCs had joined the Way of the White guy to go on a mission. I imagine that you can accompany them or do something if you're in that covenant, so I guess its just random world stuff. Keep in mind though that I'm ~20 hours into the game so it mightn't happen for you for a while.

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 04:06 AM

This is what I got out of the wiki: "Involves everything "related" to Gwyn and it's followers. You get this covenant not by talking with Gwyn himself, but by communicating with his body guards while having a lot of humanity. "This covenant is for helping out other players online. Players who are in this covenant will automatically be drawn closer to each other on the network. This makes Miracle Resonance easier to perform, as well as helps block people from antagonistic covenants from coming closer on the network."

"Apparently reduces or eliminates certain invasions".

Everyone in the Way of White is supposedly closer on the local connection list, so you'll see a lot of your friends more often, and won't be invaded nearly as much."

I'm not sure if I can post that but meh, that's as much as I know about the faction.

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 04:10 AM
hmm interesting. I havent been invaded yet. I have no idea who the body guards are though...

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 04:10 AM
hmm interesting. I havent been invaded yet. I have no idea who the body guards are though...

they hang out around the guy that has the miracles.

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 04:11 AM
sweet thanks for all the info! :D

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 04:13 AM
sweet thanks for all the info! :D

the wiki is your friend! :D trust me, it doesn't have spoilers for the most part, just valid, need to know, info! : D

and I decided to roll pyro, imma get all I can from one faction, kill the leader, and join the badguys : 3

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 04:15 AM
which wiki are you using?

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 04:18 AM
which wiki are you using?

It's literally Darksoulswiki lol it helps. but keep in mind, it's a wiki, some info might not match perfectly with the truth, it's also translated from the Japanese site if I'm not mistaken, but it has valuable information none the less

IDiivil
10-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Careful with the wiki. It says you can do things or should do things that directly contradict the official guide's word...

i.e.
Wiki says: YOU CAN KILL THIS PERSON, NO HARM DONE.
Guide says: Uh, no, you're fucking yourself over by doing that and might miss things later on in the game due to it.

osakamitsu
10-07-2011, 06:06 AM
dang... lol

Elendanis
10-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Careful with the wiki. It says you can do things or should do things that directly contradict the official guide's word...

i.e.
Wiki says: YOU CAN KILL THIS PERSON, NO HARM DONE.
Guide says: Uh, no, you're fucking yourself over by doing that and might miss things later on in the game due to it.

Exactly, it's a wiki. I only use it for item info/Covenant info.