PDA

View Full Version : Standard Definition Cut Scenes

DDDLOTS
10-07-2011, 11:01 PM
I just played through Separate Ways and all of the cutscenes appear to be in Standard Definition. Either that or there is some kind of filter to make it more creepy maybe? Pretty sure this aspect was neglected in the HD makeover, that's pretty sad considering 90% of the cutscenes are recycled from the main game.

Guitar LInc0ln
10-08-2011, 01:59 AM
I just played through Separate Ways and all of the cutscenes appear to be in Standard Definition. Either that or there is some kind of filter to make it more creepy maybe? Pretty sure this aspect was neglected in the HD makeover, that's pretty sad considering 90% of the cutscenes are recycled from the main game.

That's typical Capcom business unfortunately.

crispykiller96
10-08-2011, 02:03 AM

they could have spent a li8ttle more time on achievements too in my opinion they are plain as a wooden board there should be 50 of them

Veedrock
10-08-2011, 02:57 AM
The main game cutscenes are rendered in real time, so the HD upgrade they applied to the game was able to be used on them. The cutscenes for Seperate Ways were pre-rendered (actual videos within the game), so to upgrade those to HD would require making the entire scenes from scratch, which they didn't want to do.

Blame the PS2 and its inability to do real-time cutscenes!

JuSt BLaZe
10-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Yeah has already been discussed here:

--> Extra content not in HD?? (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=331710)