PDA

View Full Version : Killed the merchant.....fail!

Ganden
10-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Hey peeps, like an idiot I killed the merchant in undead burg early on because of a note and got the items off him lol I failed to realise that this was probably not a good idea :P because now i am wanting to obtain a bow/arrows, which at the moment is only sold by that (died) merchant, what I want to know is it possible for me to get a bow and arrows from another player in their world as I have heard people can drop items for others, or am I wrong? if so is anyone kindly able to gift me the weapon? :)

Chem
10-08-2011, 04:45 PM
you can get any item a monster is carrying (armor/weapons) but the drop rates are frustratingly low with no humanity. There is a bow in the darkroot basin that is lying on the ground, if you can manage to get there without the drake sword (the real reason for having a bow early game.)

When you get to darkroot garden, go down the main path and hang a right as quick as you can and you will hit the basin, from there its just running down some ledges, you may have to deal with a blakc knight, I don't remember which item down there had the longbow.

Ganden
10-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Ok thanks for the heads up, enjoying the experience so far, have actually managed to ring the first bell (top) with good ease, so just gonna explore a little bit at the moment, cuz i know tough times are ahead LOL

Chem
10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
the darkroot garden is the next place after you kill the bell gargoyle (at least, that's how I chose to do it.)

If you found the old blacksmith, the garden is past that demon that shoots lightning at you (he is pretty easy to run past if you don't feel up to fighting him.)

Gackt
10-08-2011, 04:57 PM
the darkroot garden is the next place after you kill the bell gargoyle (at least, that's how I chose to do it.)

If you found the old blacksmith, the garden is past that demon that shoots lightning at you (he is pretty easy to run past if you don't feel up to fighting him.)

Just a quick note about that guy, he is insanely easy w/ranged combat. Magic or a Bow from a distance, he will only throw lightning spells at you unless you get too close, so its pretty much attack, strafe, repeat.

Chem
10-08-2011, 04:59 PM
Yea I found him to be pretty easy too, but what I did was walk just far enough for him to shoot a bolt, sidestepped it and hit him a few times then backed out. Since you can block his melee swing it made it easy to back out too.

Ganden
10-08-2011, 05:39 PM

oh cool, yeah I just so happen on planning to defeat that demon next :P