PDA

View Full Version : Sega Saturn

Adebisi 187
07-25-2007, 05:59 PM
Obviously this doesn't fit here but i don't see where else it should go. Anyway wheres the love for the Saturn?? I just recently purchased a saturn again after sellling mine a few years back when i needed the money and must say i can't wait for it to come in the mail. My friend gave me his old copy of albert odyssey and guardian heroes which i cant wait to play.

Anyway was there anyone else who thought this was the best system ever?

Personally Guardian Heroes and Dragon Force were my two favorite games of all time and i can't imagine how much time i put into these two. I just wish saturn stuff didn't still cost so much money ;P

bplayak
07-25-2007, 06:12 PM
Saturn was a great system! I liked the virtua cop games as well. And I would have to say Guardian Heroes was one of my favorite games too! I didn't realize how rare it was to have til just a year or two ago. But I definitely break out the Saturn every once in awhile to play ;)

Adebisi 187
07-25-2007, 06:35 PM
yeah i was just looking on ebay the other day for it and saw that on the half webpage its at 149.95, and on ebay there are bids for 80+ on it. I remember going to the wiz probably 10 years ago and my mom telling me she was going to pick me up a cheap game. I can't believe that it was only 19.99 back then. The good old days.

I actually never got around to playing shining force 3 or panzer dragoon saga though. My brother ended up selling them before i ever got the chance so i've been looking at those just to see both go for over 100.

I didn't realize there was just an "oldschool" section, if anyone wants to move this over Thanks.

Andrew14man
12-07-2007, 04:54 AM
ummmm the Saturn was awsome!! I actually still have one. I played it probably a month or 2 ago. Mortal Kombat Trilogy & Virtua Cop FTW

Bax x360a
03-21-2008, 01:21 PM
ummmm the Saturn was awsome!! I actually still have one. I played it probably a month or 2 ago. Mortal Kombat Trilogy & Virtua Cop FTW
Don't forget Panzer Dragon aswell. Apart from those 3, I can't think of any other decent games on the Saturn :p

allekpastrana
03-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Panzer Dragon, Mortal Kombat, Knights

[Waggly Bean]
06-12-2008, 12:37 PM
I want them to release some Saturn games on XBLA, that'd be cool!

Let's see some of the less well known games like Blast Chamber (was also on PS1), Gex, Bug, Clockwork Knight, Exhumed..... the list goes on!

I love the Saturn but I HATE the way you had to put a big watch-style battery in it for save files etc. Unless you bought a mega-rip off priced cartridge for extra data storage.

Motrahtox
06-19-2008, 07:16 AM
I know Radiant Silvergun was import only for the Saturn, but it is one of my favorite shooters along with Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus ( as far as Sega Saturn goes at least.) With the release of Ikaruga one could only hope Radiant Silvergun will be released on XBLA for all of the US to enjoy.

Wheatgerm
10-09-2010, 10:26 PM
It's my favourite console of all time. Play it every other day, All the Panzer Dragoon games, Fighters Megamix, Street Fighter Alpha 2, Marvel Super Heroes, Virtua Cop 2 and Athlete Kings were solid choices for me

ChickinOnaChain
01-17-2012, 10:04 PM
A few years ago when we moved, my wife found my Sega Saturn with 6 games in a box. I had forgotten I even had it. I hooked it up to my 73" TV and MAN did the graphics suck. So, I hooked it up to my 32" and it looked better but still blocky. Still, I'd rather have my Genesis back.

Jonesin
06-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I was deprived of this great system at the time due to playstation..I got one for real cheap and never really heard much of saturn when i was young. But after gettin a saturn bundle for cheap a few years ago I've been trying to catch up on what I missed.

So far I've been able to find a few games like Albert Odyssey and Burning Rangers at flea markets for cheap (lucky me)... but most are very hard to find and expensive!