PDA

View Full Version : Spawn Killing...

Guitarr Steve
10-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Just got into a game where my team had only 8 players and the other team spawn-killed us repeatedly at the entrance to the subway until we used all of our 100 lives...My final score was 4-16. This is the worst K/D I've ever gotten, and I believe my current K/D is around 1.5. 2 of my friends were on the other team, and their argument was "you would be doing it if you were in our position." I thought about it, and honestly, it's true. What do you think DICE should do to stop this? With the current spawning system in place in Rush, I can't really think of any way to stop spawn killing on maps as small as Operation Metro.

MediumMelanin
10-08-2011, 07:16 PM
It's "Rush", so of course "spawn killing" aka "camping" too would be necessary to win. Especially if a couple of attackers hide in the vents! Ha, that's funny! CONQUEST eliminates this, hell, especially since you can't get nowhere near their base in CASPIAN BORDER.

Takamura Bear
10-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I just hope the spawn killing in BF3 doesn't get way the fuck out of hand as it did in conquest mode in BC2. I have never seen anything worse than the Atacama Desert conquest map. You know what I'm talking about. Circling level 50 helicopter pilots + smoke attachments = game breaker. X_X

xX Rom Xx
10-08-2011, 08:51 PM
I've not had it too bad at tunnel entrance. Not to the point we lose. But its been annoying at times :)
I'll try and drop a mobile spawn every new stage.

The last stage of the station is the worst I find. Although there is 3 stairways, they are easily coverable front the main area. Lost plenty of games here.

I've not played BC etc, only BF2 years ago. But there's a few things I think is silly atm.
Classes being able to choose almost any weapon type they like. Snipers with shottys, PDW-Rs etc.
The endless spam of SMAW / RPG, though hopefully vehicles will reduce this (as people shoot them at the vehicles)

CGPsaint
10-08-2011, 10:16 PM
I just hope the spawn killing in BF3 doesn't get way the fuck out of hand as it did in conquest mode in BC2. I have never seen anything worse than the Atacama Desert conquest map. You know what I'm talking about. Circling level 50 helicopter pilots + smoke attachments = game breaker. X_X

This is one of the primary reasons I always backed out of Atacama Desert when it came up in the rotation. Talk about some BS. BFBC2: Vietnam is one of my favorite games, but the spawn camping in that game gets pretty out of hand as well.

Poppygalaxy
10-08-2011, 10:53 PM

Jezzz i am a bit guilty to be one that have done that quite allot of times :(
Even 50 so you're description is perfect :p

Nitnoid
10-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Classes being able to choose almost any weapon type they like. Snipers with shottys, PDW-Rs etc.

Brilliant dude! Who woulda thunk about a recon carrying a shotty instead of a sniper rifle! I'm so gonna own...

AFreakinCabbag3
10-08-2011, 11:37 PM
Me and my mates do it every single time just hold back when the spawns push up then just sit and shoot them as they run from the music stand.

xX Rom Xx
10-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Brilliant dude! Who woulda thunk about a recon carrying a shotty instead of a sniper rifle! I'm so gonna own...

Well it's weird to me. But like I say, I've not played BC2 etc.
In BF2, there were pros and cons of each class. Engineers got the rocket launchers, but their guns weren't great.
Just seem wrong being able to run around with infinite ammo and say the ump. Or ump and mobile spawn etc.
There's no downside, your not limited to having to use a certain weapon set.

Rapturous Rich
10-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Seriously, this is nothing compared to Rush on Vantage Point in BC2s Vietnam.
The first spawn is just ridiculous and if I'm attacking often give up going for the objective and make sure I come out of it with a positive KD at least. Defending I pay the bastards back in kind.

I always take each new part of the map cautiously because I know there'll be some asshole trying to get some cheap kills. Usually I flank so they don't me coming and I can flush them out either from behind or the sides, clearing the path for my team while my squad spawn on me for that extra bit of firepower.

CGPsaint
10-09-2011, 01:52 PM
In BF2, there were pros and cons of each class. Engineers got the rocket launchers, but their guns weren't great.
Just seem wrong being able to run around with infinite ammo and say the ump. Or ump and mobile spawn etc.

I totally agree with you. I don't like the General Unlock system where you can mix and match weapons across classes. I think that it defeats the whole purpose of setting up individual classes with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Poppygalaxy
10-09-2011, 02:04 PM

Yeah, i don't like it either. Loved how in BF2 a class had it's type of weapon and only that. I am just praying they don't got an motion sensor like in BC2.
Just hated how an Recon whit a shotgun could just trow out those stupid balls :(

CGPsaint
10-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Yeah, i don't like it either. Loved how in BF2 a class had it's type of weapon and only that. I am just praying they don't got an motion sensor like in BC2.
Just hated how an Recon whit a shotgun could just trow out those stupid balls :(

... whilst hiding in a bush.

rc deaths agent
10-09-2011, 06:06 PM

I totally agree with you. I don't like the General Unlock system where you can mix and match weapons across classes. I think that it defeats the whole purpose of setting up individual classes with their own strengths and weaknesses. BC2 had all kit weapons too though. They just expanded on it a good bit in BF3.

Doesn't really bother me though i'm use to snipers running arround with a shotgun or g3.

CGPsaint
10-09-2011, 10:47 PM
BC2 had all kit weapons too though. They just expanded on it a good bit in BF3.

Doesn't really bother me though i'm use to snipers running arround with a shotgun or g3.

It was the same in BFBC2. I used the G3 quite a bit when trying to finish out pins for Recon and Engineer classes.

Cooljoe
10-10-2011, 05:45 AM
There's always an answer to spawn raping... Rape them!! But seriously, there's always a way around em.

BIGbivvie
10-10-2011, 12:06 PM
I remember when I got 8 kills from spawn killing.. so fun :)

CGPsaint
10-10-2011, 01:53 PM
There's always an answer to spawn raping... Rape them!! But seriously, there's always a way around em.

This isn't always true, especially in BFBC2: Vietnam. Once the enemy blasts the shit out of your spawn and there is NO cover left, then there is simply no way to fight or sneak your way out of some of the starting points. Vantage Point and Operation Hastings are great examples of where can get spawn raped.

upindat
10-10-2011, 02:44 PM
More like spawn RAPING!!! Let me tell you how my beta went. Spawn die spawn die spawn die!!!!

CGPsaint
10-10-2011, 05:00 PM
More like spawn RAPING!!! Let me tell you how my beta went. Spawn die spawn die spawn die!!!!

That definitely sucks. I had a few games like that, but once I got the hang of things it got better. Sometimes it isn't a very good idea to spawn on your squad, especially if they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Poppygalaxy
10-10-2011, 08:58 PM

Honestly never had that problem myself. Lucky i guess, unlike you

Suiken
10-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Honestly never had that problem myself. Lucky i guess, unlike you

No, you just probably know when not to spawn on squad mates, how to use cover, etc. I hear so much complaining about spawn camping in this beta, and I never saw it happen to anyone who played intelligently.

I do agree with Atacama Desert and the helicopter. That was fucking BS, because anti-air weaponry in BF:BC2 was a joke.

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 12:03 AM
No, you just probably know when not to spawn on squad mates, how to use cover, etc. I hear so much complaining about spawn camping in this beta, and I never saw it happen to anyone who played intelligently.

I do agree with Atacama Desert and the helicopter. That was fucking BS, because anti-air weaponry in BF:BC2 was a joke.

My favorite vehicle in BFBC2 was the UAV. I would sneak it behind an enemy anti-air emplacement and then destroy it with the missile. +30 for damaging an enemy vehicle, +100 for destroying and enemy vehicle, and +50 for killing an enemy. So much fun!

Poppygalaxy
10-11-2011, 06:44 AM
My favorite vehicle in BFBC2 was the UAV. I would sneak it behind an enemy anti-air emplacement and then destroy it with the missile. +30 for damaging an enemy vehicle, +100 for destroying and enemy vehicle, and +50 for killing an enemy. So much fun!

If that is fun you have never flown whit a good pilot :p
(Not saying you are bad :3)

CGPsaint
10-11-2011, 12:07 PM
If that is fun you have never flown whit a good pilot :p
(Not saying you are bad :3)

Well, I have 197 kills in helicopters and 467 kills in the UAV...

I love sneaking it behind the enemy, popping up to release havoc and then disappearing again while the missile rearms. It's great for stirring things up when trying to arm the M-COM stations.