PDA

View Full Version : Most retarded control mapping ever!

pined5551
10-08-2011, 08:41 PM
WHAT. THE. F@~#! Is it just me or are the control settings for this game in the most unatural configuartion EVER. It's horrific!! It almost unplayble! This is such a ball ache after having paid 15 quid for it :mad:

Beheaded Dragon
10-08-2011, 09:04 PM
WHAT. THE. F@~#! Is it just me or are the control settings for this game in the most unatural configuartion EVER. It's horrific!! It almost unplayble! This is such a ball ache after having paid 15 quid for it :mad:

Yea it takes some time to get the hang of it. Bu its not that bad. I cant play RE5 anymore because Im so used to the RE4 controls now... lol

Mightymango
10-08-2011, 09:07 PM
I've been told the second option for controls is a bit better then the default.

JuSt BLaZe
10-08-2011, 09:59 PM
I've been told the second option for controls is a bit better then the default.

It is. TYPE II is more playable and useful!

As for the OP, it has been discussed over and over... :rolleyes:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=331183

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=330701

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=330627

A7X or DIE
10-09-2011, 03:19 AM
When I played Rage for the first time the other day I kept finding myself wanting to hit back and A to turn a 180. So needless to say, you'll get used to them.

garc4475
10-09-2011, 06:13 PM
When I played Rage for the first time the other day I kept finding myself wanting to hit back and A to turn a 180. So needless to say, you'll get used to them.
Me too that quickturn is so handy i wonder if it's trademarked or something

Teh BeZ
10-09-2011, 07:27 PM
These are the same controls as the original...

Me too that quickturn is so handy i wonder if it's trademarked or something

You can do it on Half-Life and kind of on Gears.

Zander Soulwind
10-09-2011, 08:16 PM
Hm, I don't really have any problems with the controls. At first it did take a bit to get use to and I did get out the knife a few times instead of my gun but after a little bit I got use to it and I am even more than half way through pro on the default controls now. I guess it can depend on the person or the games you have played before hand.

OptimumJay
10-10-2011, 08:52 AM
It's abit of a shock to the system at first but you soon adapt

rossyboi88
10-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm using type II or III, they're the exact same controls as RE5 so it makes things a lot easier if your like me and haven't played RE4 in ages but have recently played RE5! :p

EliteShadowMan
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I really don't understand how people think the controls are THAT BAD that they need to make the same thread over and over. Honestly only takes 5-10 minutes to get used to Type II controls.

DocRevolt
10-17-2011, 02:16 AM
I like the default controls. While it takes a while to get used to them, and the camera is always a bit tough to control, you'll eventually adapt to them and playing with them will start to feel second nature to you.

a7x4lyf3
10-19-2011, 07:20 PM
The controls are fine i don't see an issue at all..The only thing I don't like is that you can't use the right stick to aim your weapon...

Eventure
10-20-2011, 08:29 AM
As much as I wish you could use the right stick to aim, I'm surprised how fast I adapted back to the controls.

When I first started playing again I was cursing the controls and thinking how much ammo and health I was going to be wasting because of them, however I'm doing so well (on my normal run through) using the knife/kick tactics and other strategies I keep having to sell herbs and grenades to make room in my attaché case!

StarHawk009
10-21-2011, 02:12 AM
at first very forign but u get used to them the second control option is better cause i play alot of CoD. The only thing i hate is when i get used to it, it messes me up trying to go back to other games

MR MACLAINE
10-26-2011, 11:32 AM
I HATE THE CONTROLLS OF THIS GAME !!!!

damn man, years ago i thought that the wii version sucks regarding the games controll but the xbox versions is nearly unplayable ..

dont get me wrong i LOVE resident evil, i'm in there since the first game and i know how to play these games, but this on really just SUCKS !

you only have to options, and NONE of them change the camera and aiming angles - why isn't it possible to change the analog sticks. to aim with the left one nearly breaks my fckn fingers :(

i'm really upset - and just got the game on yesterday .... man :uzi: