PDA

View Full Version : 100% Race - How to Do It???

CC99999
07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
OK, one thing doesn't work- damage off - easy and wreck over and over.

I know that sounds stupid, but it eats up a couple laps at a time- problem is- you get disqualified after two wrecks or so...

can you just come in dead last and get it?

Jordan7182002
07-26-2007, 01:43 AM
It says COMPLETE A 100% RACE...which to me means finish on the lead lap maybe?? No idea. Hate this game too much to waste an hour racing.

Maybe you just have to finish it running...no idea. You can not just sit there while they race though becasue you'll get a yellow and eventually they will boot you and you'll be disqualified.

Sanction
07-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Just do a truck race at Martinsville with 2 other trucks, one drops out so it's just you and another driver. Easy as pie.

patches4711
07-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I got it last nite. I ran Daytona race on easy no damage and normal tire wear with 2 computer cars it took me 3 hours I was worried because I ended up being a lap down but I still got it anyway and now I only have 4501 miles to go for that achievement..

soccerdude21490
07-26-2007, 04:07 PM
You can do this in like 30 mins (this is how I did it )

-Turn Off Damage
-Set Flag to Yellow

then just keep causing yellow flags

how this works: This isn't like wrecking every car out of the race so that your the default winner, but actually when you cause a yellow flag, basically you just drive behind the pacecar for a few laps, and EA just skips them automatically for you... so you do about 20 seconds of driving to cause a yellow, then you automatically get about 5 laps of "caution", so it just shortens the race by a lot!

Easiest way to cause yellow flags is to (in my opinion) either just hit the wall really hard, or.. just turn around (which makes me mad haha), because once you turn around and race the other way, its an automatic yellow, so basically put on the breaks and turn around

adamlowery
07-27-2007, 12:48 AM
GOOD CALL! I don't even think it took me 30 minutes doing it that way. Thanks

patches4711
07-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Nice one guys!! I figured I did it the hard way (lol..) Just curious after you did the race does it count the full miles run even one under caution that may be a quicker way to get the 5000 miles. Just a thought..

spikedzombies
07-27-2007, 10:05 PM
can you just do the rubber band trick and leave your car running in a circle?

Sanction
07-27-2007, 10:57 PM
No. You actually have to put effort in, sorry.

InSoMnIaC_190
07-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks for all the tips!

I did not like this game much at all but after messing with the car setups I now have the hang of turning left without sliding lol.

Vista
07-28-2007, 01:48 AM
Originally when i did the tips I finished the race but it just kept showing my car going around the track w/ fancy camera angles?? That went on for like 20 mins. I will try again!!

Ach. freak360
07-29-2007, 03:15 PM
No. You actually have to put effort in, sorry.
Actually thats not true I did it at Bristol with damage off,collisions off,and flags off then just taped the right trigger and let it go till the end.I suggest doing it this way because this game sux and by the time you finish doing it legit you prob wouldnt want to play ever again.

Sanction
07-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Actually thats not true I did it at Bristol with damage off,collisions off,and flags off then just taped the right trigger and let it go till the end.I suggest doing it this way because this game sux and by the time you finish doing it legit you prob wouldnt want to play ever again.

...unless you actually like racing games and the real reason you bought the game is because you like NASCAR.

Ach. freak360
07-29-2007, 07:10 PM
...unless you actually like racing games and the real reason you bought the game is because you like NASCAR.I love nascar and have went to the june race at MIS for the last three years,but just because Im a fan doesnt mean I have to like the game because it says nascar on the cover.EA did a half as job on this game its full of glitches and lacks detail just take a look at the crowd or even anything in the infield,Its the worst Ive seen on the 360.Not to mention the spoter,If I hear "your the lucky dog" one more time when Im leading the race or "your tires are getting worn"after I crash and roll ten times.If they would have taken 6 months longer on this game to make all the wrong things right I might have liked it but they didnt and now I need to trade it in before its only worth $5 trade.

tstewertrules20
07-31-2007, 05:57 AM

Easiest way Yet Just finished doing it you get achievement

Series = Trucks
Track = bristol
Collisions = Off
Damage = Off
Flags = Off

Start the race Go around once to start your Lap then dead stop on the Left Straight away Let the Other trucks Do the race when they finish you will be the only one on the track and go around and finish I never once went around But 1 lap and finished 34th and go the achievemnet

Turbo VDuB 44
07-31-2007, 06:50 PM
Ach. Freak 360...you're post was full of glitches. If you had taken 6 minutes longer to finish that piece of shit instead of posting a half "as" job, people might take you seriously. Learn some English grammar.

As for the game, I'm not a very big Nascar fan since Mark Martin semi-retired this year, but figured i would give the first game of its kind on a next gen console a try. I am in love. Tinker with the settings and no matter what length your race is on it may get boring, however it's at least worthy of playing long enough to get the achievements.

Thanks for the tips on the 5,000 miles and the 100% race too.

jkbd33
08-01-2007, 04:16 AM
I did Martinsville, yellow flags, damage visual only. It took me about two hours, and I would race, spin someone out, race half a lap spin someout etc. In the end I was 40 laps down but still finished, and got the achievement. I'm not a fan of nascar at all, but for some reason I'm addicted to playing this game. Rented it from gamefly, and have 10 hours into it in one day.

Ach. freak360
08-01-2007, 06:16 PM
[quote=Turbo VDuB 44;345410]Ach. Freak 360...you're post was full of glitches. If you had taken 6 minutes longer to finish that piece of shit instead of posting a half "as" job, people might take you seriously. Learn some English grammar.

Im a Nascar fan WTF do you expect?

Sanction
08-01-2007, 06:30 PM
[quote=Turbo VDuB 44;345410]Ach. Freak 360...you're post was full of glitches. If you had taken 6 minutes longer to finish that piece of shit instead of posting a half "as" job, people might take you seriously. Learn some English grammar.

Im a Nascar fan WTF do you expect?

I'm a NASCAR fan too and I can construct a well rounded sentence, you're giving a bad wrap for the rest of us. :uzi:

CovertDog
08-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Use Talladaga. It's the furtherest distence with least amount of laps. Only yellow flags on. Use something to hold down the brake (I switched mine to the B button and used a clamp) and walk away. When the green flies you stop and start to reverse. Yellow flag flies. Eats up 3-4 laps per caution. Takes something like 30-45 mins. Gets you your miles as while, although you could do this at the coca-cola 600 for the extra 100 miles if your going to be away longer. Also at the end of the race if your car continues on when everyone else leaves the track, just quit and your miles still count.

Turbo VDuB 44
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Covert that's a genious idea. We could do that to boost for 5,000 miles and to finish the 100% race.

And Ach. 360, I was fuckin around with ya...But don't give other Nascar fans a bad wrap haha.

Ach. freak360
08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
[quote=Ach. freak360;346753]

I'm a NASCAR fan too and I can construct a well rounded sentence, you're giving a bad wrap for the rest of us. :uzi:
Relax I was just joking,besides Nascar fans have had a bad wrap for many years and nothing you or I say will change that.

SCHENK 911
08-02-2007, 05:05 AM
Do a craftsman truck race at martinsville (200 laps)

Put flag rules off, damage none and i put the max amount of competitors so I wouldnt get bored.

Oh ya and try to win so you get the 100% completion and the other 50G for winning a truck race

Turbo VDuB 44
08-02-2007, 05:11 AM
That's alot of damn racing for the truck series, Just put it on 3% races....and you do know that for the 100% race you don't have to win.

MinorArmageddon
08-08-2007, 10:44 PM
I love NASCAR but this game is terrible. The controls are terrible and if you try to bump draft it doesn't work. EA needs to get their crap straight. Thanks for this tip, I couldn't do this legit.