PDA

View Full Version : Fight or Flight?

boomdizzle 2
10-09-2011, 02:51 PM
Im just about to start my pro run, and I wanted to know what would be better. What I am wondering is in a part where it is possible to run by everything and ignore it, or fight. (example at begining of 1-3 where there is a chainsaw guy and some enemies that you can run past to a barred door that you can unlock and go past.) Would it be better to fight them and hope they drop ammo or run past them? and not just in this situation, also in the many situations similar to this in the game.

Beheaded Dragon
10-09-2011, 03:47 PM
If this is your first Pro Run and you dont care about time i would say try to kill the majority of the enemies and collect as many treasures as possible to upgrade your weapons. This makes things much easier later in the game. Enemies are also way more aggressive on Pro.

k1lls1gn
10-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Fight... your going to be really poor if you dont kill enemies, and there not much harder on pro than they are on normal. And running from enemies could cause you to run right past a valuable treasure that you can sell for alot of money.

The only time you need to run is when you fight Verdugo in the sewers... weaken him with everything you got at first, when the elevator opens up... get out of there, the chapter will end. BUT, you can still reload up and buy and RPG and go back up there and finish him off. He drops a piece to the crown that you can combine with another piece and sell for alot of money.

JuSt BLaZe
10-09-2011, 10:18 PM
I'd recommend a mix both. If you get overrun by Ganados, don't play Rambo if you're not properly equipped with weapons. Later on, once you have upgraded weapons you can switch to k1lls1gn's method.

boomdizzle 2
10-10-2011, 03:21 AM
thanks for the tips, btw, what guns would you recomend using? in my normal playthrough, I used the red 9, striker and semi auto and was planning to use this combo again

k1lls1gn
10-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Personally i used my standard Handgun, when you get the exclusive for it its worth it... plus it saves you a little bit of money.

Semi - Auto for sure, this will be needed for the big Ganados in armour that have those maces, 1 shot to the head sends them packing... use the sniper on J.J (the big guys with the machine guns) and get as many headshots as you can.

I went with the Riot Gun, but the Striker is just as good if not better..

TMP is also good to have, throw a stock on it and it makes it a whole lot better.

As far as a Magnum goes like the Killer 7 or Broken Butterfly... i wouldnt reccomend using one as you really dont need one. BUT if your are going to use one wait until you get to the castle and snag the Broken Butterfly for free.. you can get it as soon as you get done playing as Ashley and you reunite with Leon. Go back and use piggyback and get into the room and get it for free... saves you money you can spend on somthing else.

boomdizzle 2
10-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Personally i used my standard Handgun, when you get the exclusive for it its worth it... plus it saves you a little bit of money.

Semi - Auto for sure, this will be needed for the big Ganados in armour that have those maces, 1 shot to the head sends them packing... use the sniper on J.J (the big guys with the machine guns) and get as many headshots as you can.

I went with the Riot Gun, but the Striker is just as good if not better..

TMP is also good to have, throw a stock on it and it makes it a whole lot better.

As far as a Magnum goes like the Killer 7 or Broken Butterfly... i wouldnt reccomend using one as you really dont need one. BUT if your are going to use one wait until you get to the castle and snag the Broken Butterfly for free.. you can get it as soon as you get done playing as Ashley and you reunite with Leon. Go back and use piggyback and get into the room and get it for free... saves you money you can spend on somthing else.
Thanks for the info, I didnt find that magnum on the first playthough. just to be sure, you are talking about the room that you walk by in a balcony-like enviornment that you can examine and it says, I bet I could get in there with the help of another person. If I remember correctly, you walk by this room in seperate ways and you can zipline up to it and there is a bunch of gold inside

k1lls1gn
10-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the info, I didnt find that magnum on the first playthough. just to be sure, you are talking about the room that you walk by in a balcony-like enviornment that you can examine and it says, I bet I could get in there with the help of another person. If I remember correctly, you walk by this room in seperate ways and you can zipline up to it and there is a bunch of gold inside Yes, this is the exact room, as soon as your done with Ashley's part and get back to Leon, you can go get it.

joe joe
10-11-2011, 01:59 AM
its best to fight them because you will get more ammo from them than you use

Seventh Syn
10-11-2011, 04:12 AM
IMO the weapons you generally only need are the first HG till you get the Punisher for free, then get the Red-9 when you can. Use the first SG till you get the Striker. Get the BB for free like said before, same thing with the free RL to use against Verdugo for the free treasure. Use frags against the first El Gigante, use incendiaries against Chief Mendez. I don't buy the Rifle or TMP until I get to the Castle, btw the bolt-action rifle is better, especially with the exclusive, 50.0 DMG ftw.

k1lls1gn
10-11-2011, 10:15 AM
IMO the weapons you generally only need are the first HG till you get the Punisher for free, then get the Red-9 when you can. Use the first SG till you get the Striker. Get the BB for free like said before, same thing with the free RL to use against Verdugo for the free treasure. Use frags against the first El Gigante, use incendiaries against Chief Mendez. I don't buy the Rifle or TMP until I get to the Castle, btw the bolt-action rifle is better, especially with the exclusive, 50.0 DMG ftw. You dont need that much firepower for a rifle.. and the fire rate on the semi auto blows the bolt action out of the water plus you can get a better scope and a infared scope for it. Plus the capacity and reload speed are better.

Semi Auto > Bolt Action

SR x FUZiON
10-11-2011, 05:18 PM
IMO the weapons you generally only need are the first HG till you get the Punisher for free, then get the Red-9 when you can. Use the first SG till you get the Striker. Get the BB for free like said before, same thing with the free RL to use against Verdugo for the free treasure. Use frags against the first El Gigante, use incendiaries against Chief Mendez. I don't buy the Rifle or TMP until I get to the Castle, btw the bolt-action rifle is better, especially with the exclusive, 50.0 DMG ftw.

I did exactly this and only had trouble on Mendez and Krauser.

boomdizzle 2
10-11-2011, 09:52 PM
You dont need that much firepower for a rifle.. and the fire rate on the semi auto blows the bolt action out of the water plus you can get a better scope and a infared scope for it. Plus the capacity and reload speed are better.

Semi Auto > Bolt Action
I agree with this

Hansathan
10-12-2011, 04:42 PM
I did exactly this and only had trouble on Mendez and Krauser.

YouTube "easy Krauser knife method". You will thank me. Kills him so quickly and saves a ton of ammo.

SR x FUZiON
10-17-2011, 12:47 PM
YouTube "easy Krauser knife method". You will thank me. Kills him so quickly and saves a ton of ammo.

Wow I died so many times against him I wish i knew about this sooner, thanks i will you this the next time I fight him.

EDIT: I just found another video where Krauser gets destroyed!

Resident Evil 4 - Krauser Knife Only & No Damage (Professional Mode) - YouTube